“pleasantly suprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Chicago O'Hare Airport

You added Super 8 Chicago O'Hare Airport to your Saves list
Super 8 Chicago O'Hare Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2951 Touhy Ave, Rt 72 & Elmhurst Road, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007   |
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Seattle, Washington
“pleasantly suprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

From the previous reviews I have to say I was a little hesitant, but to no avail. We called the hotel as we disembarked, and the shuttle was outside waiting for us. This was after midnight. The hotel staff were extremely helpful, and very obliging when it came to a later checkout. They helped us plan for the return shuttle back to O'Hare, and also gave us information about local places to eat. The room, admittedly old, but in good shape and clean. Quiet, and very comfortable.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Temperance, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We were picked up from the airport in a timely manner and took the 10-15 minute shuttle ride to the motel. We were checked in promptly. The room was definitely old, but clean. It is so close to the airport we expected to hear planes, but were also woken up a few times by the occupants in the room above us. Our wake up call in the morning was on time, coffee was available, and the shuttle was on time. We really only reserved this room to be able to sleep 4 hours or so in a dark room rather than try to take a nap in a busy, bright airport during a 6 hour layover. Glad we did - no major problems. Most importantly, the shuttle was on time.

Room Tip: Maybe a room away from the lobby and on a higher floor would be less nosiy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Good room well appointed. Breakfast was good value. Overall good value for money

• Stayed May 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Best motel in town...I m regular traveler... I have been to more than 50 motels allover STATES..I have good and bad experience all over..BUT this one I m staying since last 3 times I have visited Chicago .... Near to airport,best shuttle service,on time warm breakfast, nice and clean room,changed new carpet and bathroom since I visited 1st time...best front desk service..HEATED POOL IS BEST..I was in pool while it was 29'F outside.....they give shuttle to near shopping complex..reasonable price...they remember u when u go next time..met some customer's who r coming there for 10 years while I was in breakfast room.. Nice private breakfast area....overall...AAA...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Redlands, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012 via mobile

I wish I could post photos that I took last night- the worn out carpet, the mold around the tub, the disgusting bottom of the tub, the paint touch-ups around the room that didn't match the room or even each other. Of course, photographs can't communicate the nauseating smell of the hallway and room, or the difficulty of sleeping in such shoddy construction. I heard planes, trains, and various other guests during much of the night. Did I mention that kleenexes are thicker and softer than the paper-like sheets? That the mattress sagged so badly on both sides that I had to move often during the night? To top it off, the staff was very rude at check-in. Honestly, I'd sleep sitting up in an airport lounge (as bad as that sounds) before I'd ever stay at this flea-bag again.

• Stayed April 2012
Shullsburg, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I booked this hotel thru Booking.com for $59.49-not counting tax. We wanted a room with a free shuttle and the ability to park our car while out of the country for 6 days. We arrived to check in for our room and were told we also had to pay to park our vehicle for 5 days and we also were charged an upcharge since per the front desk clerk "Booking.com charges us a fee so we don't want to pay it so we pass that fee on to our customers." I politely disagreed with the front desk clerk regarding both issues stating it was misleading to customers and if I would have know this probably would have stayed at another hotel for the price they were charging me, since I had done price comparisons. The front desk clerk did not change her mind. So we went to our room since we had already prepaid for the room and it was 10:30pm at night. Our room was sufficient- clean, no odors or smells. King size bed was comfortable and the shower had good water pressure and was hot. We were near the airport, but I didn't think it was overly loud. We checked out at 4am the next morning and went down for our shuttle we had scheduled the night before.So we stayed 5 1/2 hours and ended up paying $116 total with tax and parking fees!! The Manager was now in, so I mentioned my frustration with the upcharge and the extra parking costs for 6 days. He talked non stop for several minutes in circles and pretty much stated the same thing the front desk staff had the night before. Finally the shuttle driver came in and told him we had to leave- I was thankful he rescued us to leave for our trip! And hoped my car would still be here upon returning from our trip. The nice thing is you are only 10-15 min. from the airport. We arrived back in the country after our vacation and then called for the shuttle. They picked us up to take back to the Super 8. Another family in our shuttle was staying next door --Baymont Inn-apparently they share the same shuttle. We stayed at the hotel next door, Baymont Inn, previously and that room rate is only $70 with parking and shuttle also included. I would say the two are very comparable hotels so I will be staying next door at the Baymont Inn next time vs. the Super 8-due to the upcharge fees at Super 8.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

This hotel is located in an Industrial area. The hotel patrons and location is very rough. As a frequent business traveler, this is not a hotel I would ever stay at. I booked through Wyndham website. I have over 25000 points on Wyndham: Which suprisingly, entitles me for no special treatment. No recognition, no good room, just nothing. This will be the last Wyndham stay. I am moving my business stays to Radisson. If you are traveling with family, you would be wise to stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!