“loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove

You added Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove to your Saves list
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   121 Northwest Point Boulevard, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wood Dale, Illinois
“loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Stayed here for just one night, but absolutely loved the room we had! We liked that there was a separate room with couch and tv and another flat screen in the room with the bed. so much space in the room! Hotel room was VERY clean and updated. Starbucks coffee in the room was really nice. Loved all the Chicago art around the walls, as well! Front desk was friendly. It is in a great location within 5 miles of Wood Field Mall, and LOTS of restaurants. We hotwired this hotel and got to stay here for under 60$ and it was VERY well worth it and an awesome value, we got really lucky! This is definitely one of my favorite hotels that I have ever been able to stay at and will be recommending this hotel to friends who come in from out of town!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Springdale, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

This property sits in a secluded office park area and the property itself is lovely. The staff was overall very gracious and nice. The rooms are lovely, but the beds are hard, but being upgraded in the near future. However, the big problem with this secluded hotel is the food quality. The food is very substandard yet very expensive. There is one chardonnay and it is the cheap stuff that tastes like a sour pinot. The appetizers were very marginal in quality but priced like a gourmet restaurant. The ketchup for room service was in a repacked plastic container and it was watered down and very sugary....tasted like a cost cutting ketchup from elementary school. The breakfast bar was sparse in variety and very poor in quality of food in the hot trays. For the price of an expensive sunday brunch in a fine restuarant, the bar looked more like what I might have expected in a hospital cafeteria. Dry scrambled eggs, limp dry shredded hashbrowns with bacon and link sausage. The variety item was oatmeal and the top of the warming canister was so dry crusted that I had to wonder if it had been in that container for the week. There was some leftover fruit which was in a different place - it was on a roll out cart from a previous day's lunch with picked over lunch meats. In summary, the food and the presentation was the absolute least effort possible with a very slack commitment to quality. The price was high but the quality was defunct. The poor waitress agreed in embrassment with my inquiry and so did the manager of food services. They said what is served and how it is served is up to the chef. I cannot imagine payrolling a chef to undermine the food service side of an otherwise wonderful property. But, if the chef has to stay then the prices should be slashed to represent the quality level of what guests being served. But, the current price to quality is an insult to discerning guests.

Room Tip: bring in take out and your own wine
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
High Point, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed here last weekend for 4 nights, very comfortable bed. The couch however was very uncomfortable for any length of time to sit and watch TV. Hotel really needs wireless internet in the guest rooms, with IPADS becoming the norm, this would have been nice, however we did have our Verizon Mobile HotSpot so were able to use in the room. $10.95 per day for wired internet...most hotels now offer this for free.
Got this hotel through Priceline and were very pleased with the price we paid.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Rizwan_9, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at the hotel. Your review is very much appreciated . We look forward to having you back soon.
Pflugerville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

As someone else mentioned, we booked this room through Hotwire and got an excellent price. For the money we saved, we were prepared to have to travel into the City for the sights and we were fine with this. There was ample parking, check-in was smooth, and the front desk clerk at check-in was quick to provide me with maps to the metra and the CTA stations. They have both an indoor and outdoor pool and my son (12 yrs old) and I used the outdoor pool and found it small but adequate. There were no towels when we got there, but someone alerted the staff and they brought some out while we were in the pool.

My biggest issue with this hotel, was that service overall seemed to be lacking. I usually don't notice the service and pay more attention to the quality of the room and the amenities. However, the lack of towels was just the first small setback we encountered. Our first night, we had connected to the internet and then the power went out around 8:30 or so. It just flashed out, but when it came back on there was no internet service. I called the front desk and was told they were resetting it and it would be back on in about 10-15 min. After waiting and it still wasn't on, I went to bed. My husband tried to use it a couple hours later and it was still not working. When he called the desk, they explained that it was still not working and they offered to credit him back.

The next day when we returned to our room we noticed that housekeeping had left a cleaning rag on our end table. It wasn't a big deal, but then we also did not have the toilet paper changed; it ran out and we only luckily found it in the top of the closet outside the bathroom (not in the bathroom which would seem more logical). Additionally, we realized the next morning that while we had 3 towels when we checked in to the room (and there are 3 of us) the maid took 3 towels and only gave us 2. The last issue with housekeeping involved the bed. I'm not sure if it is something that bothers anyone else, but I really can't stand to have anything other than the sheet touch me when I'm sleeping. So while I want the blanket on the bed, I don't want it touching me. When the bed was made, the blanket was put on so that on one side the sheet extended past the blanket and on my side the blanket overshot the sheet by about 7-8 inches. When I called the front desk to complaint about the towels, I brought this up and they promised me it would be corrected the next time.

Well when we returned later in the day, we still had only 2 towels and the bed was still made sloppily (in fact this time the bottom sheet didn't cover the whole end). On top of this, I went to sign into the internet and it showed I had to pay again. None of the literature (either on the card at the room desk or on the online AT&T website) explained the parameters of when a sign in period started or ended. I mistakenly assumed it was for a 24 hour period, and so the day before I waited to sign in so that I would still have an hour left to use it when I returned to the room the next day. When it didn't work, I called the desk and they told me that it started and ended at 3 pm every day. So if you didn't sign in until the morning, it would end that afternoon. I said that they really should inform people of this and she kept saying that they did, but couldn't demonstrate where (she said it was online and kept acting like it was only my computer that somehow didn't show it...essentially making out their error to be my fault which was *very* irritating). She ended up telling me she would credit me for the day before (so now we were offered 2 credits).

I brought all this up when I called the front desk supervisor after I realized that we still only had 2 towels. He didn't do much, but he did send a guy with 4 towels (like sending too many now somehow made up for not sending enough earlier) and he also made out like it was my fault because we had a room with only one bed. I said that we had 3 towels when we first checked in and even if that was not a factor, couldn't he agree with me that after we asked for 3 towels it should have happened, and then he quit trying to make excuses but I never really felt he was apologetic.

For me the last straw was the next day when I got the bill for internet charges. Even though we were promised 2 credits, we only had one shown; leaving us responsible for 3 charges (about $30). I called the front desk again, and this time got to speak to the front desk manager (I believe his name was Steve) and he was very apologetic. In the end, he offered to refund me the charge that was already promised, and the other 2 as a courtesy for the aggravation, which I thought was fair. He also seemed willing to provide us with complimentary breakfast or something, but I really thought removing the charges was appropriate enough. I'm at least hopeful that he will use the feedback to make changes and improve the service as that was really the only negative about our stay.

Someone else also mentioned the exorbitant charges for the snacks and drinks in the room and I would heartily concur. I can't think that anyone would deliberately eat a package of M&M's if they knew it would cost $5-$7. Luckily, they have a cupboard right below where you can tuck these out of sight so that no one accidentally eats them. Why they would even have these in the room when it would seem like anyone that would get charged would be upset, is a mystery to me. I mean any money they make would be offset by unhappy customers so how could that be a good idea?

Anyway, overall the location is good (close to the tollway and easy access to drive downtown or to station to take public transportation), parking is free and we always had a place to park that was close to the door, and the rooms are spacious as they include a separate living area. If they could just make sure their service was more consistent and do away with the nickle and dime stuff (maybe make internet free if you join their reward program if they don't want to make it free with no strings) then this would be an excellent choice even if you don't get it for a substantially lower price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Rizwan_9, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the hotel. Your review is very much appreciated. We share all comments with our staff and correct anything that might not be up to our standards. We looking forward to having you back soon.
Vevey, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

A very good hotel in all respects, except on one point. Internet is delivered to the rooms via an ethernet cable, which is fine for laptops, but not for tablets such as iPad, which require wifi. Besides, internet use is expensive. There is free wifi in the lobby, and a well-equipped business center. One expects a good free wifi access in a village motel room, why not in a Sheraton?

• Stayed July 2011
Rizwan_9, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at the hotel. Your review is very much appreciated. We share all comments with our staff in order to celebrate our successes and correct anything that might not be up to our standards. We look forward to having you back soon.
Best regards,
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

We stayed here for two nights and were very unlucky to encounter a bad storm which put the electricity out for both nights. We were offered an alternative hotel for the second night but because it was so late when we returned in the evening we declined. We were given a full refund for our stay without a problem so I have no complaints. The hotel itself is very nice with beautiful rooms. There were a few small things that I would criticize, the coffee maker had not been cleaned in my room and they charge prohibitive prices for the mini bar, also they charge for toll free calls. Plenty of parking and its free. Overall not bad though.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Rizwan_9, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. Unfortunately we had a bad weather which put out the electricity in our area. I apologize for the inconvenience. We share all cooments with our staff in order to correct anything that might not be up to our standards. We are look forward to having you back soon.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I stayed here last summer because of the good Expedia rates and once again Expedia's Sheraton Suites rate was the best, when considering location, user reviews, price and in this case my personal experience. I don't know if luxury is the word, but the unit was a suite - not just a room. There is a bedroom and a "livingroom" with a TV in each room. The king-size bed was very comfortable, the entire suite was spotless as was the bathroom, everything in the room worked, and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The only downside is that they seem to nickel and dime you. No free wi-fi, no free breakfast, and they had bottled water in the room which I thought was free - I found out to my surprise it was $3.50! But at least the parking's free.

Location-wise, it's not anywhere near downtown Chicago but only a 10 minute drive to the Cumberland EL station. Who wants to park downtown and pay $30.00 anyway?

All in all, I highly recommend the Sheraton Suites in Elk Grove Village. I'd stay there again if I visit Chicago.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at the hotel. We are glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to having you back soon.
Mirza

Been to Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove? Share your experiences!