“Dirty, out of date, bad smell” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Dallas, TX
“Dirty, out of date, bad smell”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stained bed coverings and a foul odor greet you as you enter a small room. The front desk was surly and unhelpful--not the environment for a weary traveler. Note to the elderly, handicapped or disabled traveler--rooms are only available with a single bed for the handicapped accessible rooms--if you are traveling with a companion or more than one other person, you will need to get two rooms. The hotel is not family friendly and does not accommodate parties with disability issues. The desk is unpleasant to parties checking in and the entire hotel is dated and dirty. Advice---stay away--overpriced for the accommodations and an overall unpleasant environment.

Room Tip: To chose a good room, stay at another hotel. Avoid non-suite rooms as they are extremely small.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
QualityElkGrove, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Elk Grove Village, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your dissatisfaction with our hotel and staff. Your unsatisfactory experience does not represent the level of service we strive to provide. Please accept our heartfelt apology for the discomfort you experienced.
Please be assured your issues have been raised with our Management Team and appropriate action has been taken. We do our best to excel in service at our hotel and prevent issues from recurring. It is never our intention to jeopardize the comfort and convenience of our guests.
Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Your comments help us improve.
We very much enjoyed hav ing you as our guest and hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.
Patrick Trivedi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Great value, ample hot breakfast that is refilled often and includes waffles and pastry. Shuttle service is usually coordinated and available. Leave room for wiggling if you absolutely have to be somewhere on time. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your kind words of praise for our hotel. What a nice gesture on your part to take the time to post your thoughts on TripAdvisor. It's truly rewarding for us and our staff to know we were able to provide a pleasant experience for you. That is truly our goal.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

After staying at a nasty hotel we stayed here. Place was clean, comfortable and convenient. Close to the airport with shuttle 24hours, we use this to get to blue line subway that took us directly downtown. Http breakfast wasn't that good but can't beat free. Flat screen tv and great housekeeping. Can't be any more comfortable for the price. Free wifi and parking.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityElkGrove, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Elk Grove Village, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise for our hotel, staff and services. In th hotel business hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends on people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts, and takes the the to say thanks.
We try to make each guest's stay a pleasure. Our principal goal is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. However, it's only through your eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the services we provide.
We very much enjoyed having you as our guest, and would welcome the opportunity to be at your service any time you might be in our area.
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This Hotel isn't a full service Marriott. However, the rooms were average and clean. I'm ok with ANY hotel being old but they have to be CLEAN. This hotel was CLEAN. This hotel also has free continental breakfast. If your traveling to or from the airport to this hotel make sure you give yourself some time. It takes about 20 minutes to get there. If I remember correctly they stop at a different hotel. There is only a Chinese buffet near the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
On behalf of our hotel and staff, I'd like to let you know how delighted we were to see your kind words of praise for our staff and services via Tripadvisor. What a nice gesture on your part to take the time to let us know you were pleased.
It is truly rewarding to our staff when a guest takes the time to comment on an enjoyable stay. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we would welcome the opportunity to be at your service any time you might be in our area.
Morrison, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We hesitantly booked with this Quality Inn to make what would have been a 2 1/2 hour drive from Northwest Illinois to O'Hare a VERY early morning! In the past, many Quality Inn's have lacked the quality, cleanliness, updatedness of the Comfort Suites that we typically use within the Choice chain. But, the cost and 14 day free parking rather than the typical 7 made this the choice for us. Well, from the moment we walked in we were greeted with a huge sincere smile by the hotel clerk and given our two rooms. We had called ahead and requested adjoining rooms, which was exactly what we received. We had also booked the shuttle for 6:25 am the next morning which they confirmed. When we got into our assigned rooms, we were thrilled at the flat screen TV's, size and cleanliness of the rooms. The beds were very comfortable, as well. We commented that this place was nicer than some Comfort Suites we had stayed in. We slept well, were directed where to park our vehicle (as the parking lot was going to be redone while we were gone). The shuttle bus was perfectly on time, actually it was a 15 passenger van that had clearly seen better days, but it got us where we needed to go. the driver was a VERY kind man---a Hispanic man whose name escapes, me unfortunately as I would like to commend him by name. The short 15 minute drive to O'Hare went quickly, even with stopping at a Super 8 motel that partners on the park and fly with this Quality Inn,. The breakfast looked very good, although we didn't have time to eat before we left for O'Hare. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone given the convenience of the Park and Fly and the kind, cheerful attitudes of all the staff we met. The hotel was very clean.

Room Tip: Be sure to reserve spots on the shuttle vans/buses as they do fill up. Don't just show up at th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give TripAdvisor such positive feedback on our hotel! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are very glad you enjoyed your stay.
We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service any time you may be in our area.
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I needed a place by O'Hare airport night before an early morning flight. Some major events going on in Chicago had filled all the hotels I usually use, and I was "stuck" with staying at this place, so I thought. It was all I could find at a price I could afford. I was expecting to have a not-too-pleasant experience but it was my only choice.

The only difficulty I had was the airport shuttle. It comes very seldom, and I had to wait at the O'Hare bus station for over an hour. Then it stopped at another hotel and actually took over half an hour to arrive at the hotel. As I thought, the hotel is around the "back side" of the airport, in a not dangerous, but really unattractive area.

But once I walked in, everything changed. The hotel itself was a great surprise. A most friendly and efficient check-in. A clean, nicely-decorated king room. Comfortable bed, flat-screen TV, good lighting, very fresh-looking carpets, drapes, wallpaper, nice bathroom. And it was very quiet and peaceful.

No restaurant. Where can I eat dinner? One place across the street called Hibachi Grill. I walked over there and found one of the most complete and fabulous Asian buffets I've ever eaten at for only $10.99, what a steal!

You have to reserve a seat on the shuttle to return to the airport, and I had to leave on the first shuttle at 3:15 am. A woman was setting up the free breakfast buffet in the lobby, which was not ready for service at that hour, but she asked those of us waiting for the shuttle, "Can I get you a cup of coffee? Would you like a muffin or a bowl of cereal?"

I was so impressed that I think I'd like to stay here again. If only they would upgrade their shuttle and run it more often. I'm telling you; I'm used to staying at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare or places like that, and I would choose this again for the peace and quiet, nice room, free breakfast, and that fabulous Asian buffet across the street I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let Tripadvisor know that how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared you comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
We very much enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you any time you may be in our area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We have stayed multiple times with consistently clean rooms and friendly staff. We fly very early so we have never been able to use their breakfast option. We preschedule our shuttle time prior to arrival and they are always on time leaving the hotel. Upon returning we have had to wait 5 - 45 minutes depending on where the shuttle is when we call from the shuttle pick-up area. We will continue to use their Park and Fly option when traveling from O'Hare Airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of our hotel and staff, I would like to let you know how pleased we were to see your kind words of praise for our staff and services on Tripadvisor. So generous of you to take the time to let us know you were pleased.
Our service is dependent on people willing to give their very best at all times. It is rewarding when a guest takes the time to comment on an ejoyable stay.
Thank you for the pleasure of serving your hospitality needs. We welcome the opportunity to be at your service any time you might be in our area.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Elk Grove Village? Share your experiences!