“Less than desirable” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Milton, Wisconsin
“Less than desirable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have used this business twice, the first time was great, the second time was not a good experience. We had booked the room through Orbitz and were told that the parking for a week was included. At check in the desk clerk informed me that parking was not included and blamed it on web sites like "Orbitz, Expedia, and Hotels.com lying to people." I then paid the additional $49.00 cash for parking, and upon returning home from vacation found that we had also had a $49.00 credit card charge from Quality inn for parking. After 3 phone calls to them, we did get a credit back, but this was a very unnecessary hassle. Lastly, from the time we called for a pick up back from the airport, it took 55 minutes. Will we use this business again. Quite simply put...no!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
QualityElkGrove, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Elk Grove Village, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Funinfalmouth,

Unfortunately doing a Park and Fly package which you were attempting to do is not an option on 3rd party sites like Expedia, Orbitz, etc. However if you're staying one night and checking out tomorrow and taking your car with you there is no charge. We like every other hotel in the area and across the country have a package for leaving your car at a hotel. To my knowledge sites like Expedia do not offer this as a bookable option.

I always recommend guests call the hotel. Even if they find a cheaper rate online, every single hotel will match it. Furthermore it avoids confusion, like what happened here.

I am sorry for the billing issue there is no excuse for that and we will address this in our next staff meeting. However I am happy to see you did receive your credit and the situation was rectified.

It's a shame we won't have the opportunity to show you how great a stay can be with us. I wish you well. Thank you for your comments.

Pratik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Janesville, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

So I did not actually stay at this hotel so I can not omment on the rooms or anything else. However, I can let you know they pretty much screwed up the start of my honeymoon. I booked with them August 20th and confirmed a week after for when we needed the van. Last week I called again because our flight was changed and I scheduled the van for later. Friday night at 5:00 when I am on the way to my rehearsal dinner the hotel called and informed me that they overbooked and now I no longer have a hotel. She also informed me that all the hotels are booked in the area. She was not very nice and didn't really care what was going on. We are supposed to be going on our honeymoon tomorrow and I am stuck trying to figure out what the heck we are going to do tomorrow.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nicole,

I am so sorry about your reservation with our hotel. I do not understand why you were not helped in finding another room at another property. I cannot express how disappointed I am in how we handled your reservation. I will be speaking with our staff to find out what exactly happened and what we could have done differently. Please give me a call sometime so we can discuss, that is if you will allow me the opportunity to see what we can do.

Thank you once again for your comments and congratulations on your marriage.

Champaign, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

we used the park n fly program.. and the first night, aug 23 2012, everything was good! Ive seen more nicer hotels, but we were comfortable. the shuttle to ohare, was on time and a value. the breakfast was good as well.

My problem was when we returned. the hotel staff told us to go to door 3, and the shuttle would be there in 5-10minutes. so we located door 3, and after 20 minutes, we called back. the staff at the desk, said the shuttle was just pulling up. So i went out to look for it. i waited another 10 minutes. Then, at door 2, 2 shuttles-- 1 from super 8, 1) from quality inn pull up. ANd by the time, i asked for a ride, they said they were full w/ 22 english boy scouts. But they managed to squeeze us in. But the point being, if they pick up at door 2, we as guests should be told door 2 not door 3. I will not stay w/ you folk again!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
QualityElkGrove, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites Elk Grove Village, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Unclepiglet,

Thank you for staying with us and writing this review. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay. I am dissapointed that you were not picked up in time at the airport however. We are continually looking for ways to improve our shuttle service and it is unacceptable that you had to wait so long. I will be speaking with our drivers to make sure that we make picking up our guests in a timely manner our number one goal. I will also be speaking with our front desk manager about your situation and he or I will be reaching out to you shortly. Again I am sorry for the delay in picking you up.

I wish you well in your future travels. Thank you once again!

Olympia, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I've stayed at many Quality Inns in the West, first here in the Chicago area. Its warm here, looked for a place to stay, set up a reservation with Quality Inn & Suites, this one isn't the 'quality' at the level I've usually seen. Staff were wonderful, but maintenance response wasn't what this place needed. On full cold, the air conditioner in my room failed to reduce the temperature below 86 degrees (measured), no maintenance to correct, nor (understandably) was I offered a different room. The hotel was booked full. Families welcomed, solo, couples sure, but I recommend you fully examine your room on arrival and refuse it if not up to the Quality this chain maintains in other properties they manage.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear SBruce,

I am sorry your A/C was not working properly when you stayed with us. I am shocked that we did not offer another room for you to stay in. This is normally the case if we cannot fix an issue in a particular room. Please accept my sincerest of apologizes and know that we have since fixed the issue with your room. It must have been real late in the evening for us to not have maintenance available. I will notify our front desk manager of your situation and he will reach out to you shortly to discuss your situation.

Again, thank you for your review and bringing this to my attention.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

We got to the airport at 12 am and were picked up within 15 minutes. The hotel was lovely an the staff was so friendly. There are a bunch of restaurants across the street and they even offer a shuttle to area restaurants and bars.

• Stayed July 2012
QualityElkGrove, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites Elk Grove Village, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear JD,

Thank you for your lovely comments. We have been working to improve our shuttle pickup times. Our staff has been working together to provide ideas to myself and management in order to provide the best possible service we can. I hope we can see you again in the near future and that you recommend us to your friends and family.

Thank you once again!

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

First, probably not a good time to write this. Just waited 1 hour and 50 minutes to get from O'hare bus center to hotel. Took 7 phone calls. Then excuses...from van driver, and desk help (Mo). Excuses....really? After 2 phone calls make sure you have the passenger name and ensure the driver picks up at the right door. (They state door 3, but driver was going to door 2)
All I needed was acknowledgement that they screwed up and it was poor service. Finally, at least Stephanie said "I am sorry"...... but Mo just didn't get it. The van driver was just as bad giving excuses and even yelling.

I should note the hotel is a 15-20 minute drive and not 5 miles away from O'hare...it is further.
Room is OK. Clean. That is the ironic part. The visit would have been OK if the shuttle logistics were better and professional.

The management really need to train staff on service, service, service. If they can not get it, then get a different job. Also, if you want to serve O'hare, put the infrastructure in to support, buy another bigger van and hire another driver if needed. (one that is customer oriented)

Certainly disrespects the Choice Hotel brand.

Room Tip: Take a deep breath and bring a lunch to the wait area.... or take a cab.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
QualityElkGrove, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites Elk Grove Village, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Ron,

I have spoken with the front desk and driver about your stay. Apparently the driver went by the shuttle center numerous times. I verified this with our shuttle tracker gps software which we have at the front desk and lobby for our guest to view as well. I believe the confusion came into place when we did not properly figure out where in the airport you were standing. I am so sorry for the confusion. We are only able to pickup guests from 2 places within the airport or risk being fined and towed. In the domestic terminals we can only pickup from Door 3 at the Hotel/Bus Shuttle Center, and in the international terminal it is Door 5E.

We will be hosting a staff meeting tomorrow to go over training in order to address this issue and prevent it from happening again in the future. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your long delay in being picked up. I am certain that we will have our communication vastly improved. I wish you well in your future travels.

Thank you for your review and bringing this issue to my attention.

Spring Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The hotel was ok, nothing spectacular. The room was HOT when we arrived and took all night to cool down, but this was partially due to the high temps outside. Still, the hallway must have been about 90 degrees and should have been cooled somewhat. The big white van that took us to the airport was AWFUL! It's dirty, the seats are torn, and the tires were bald. NOT a good first impression, nor was it a hospitable item to use in the hospitality industry! If we'd blown a tire or been in an accident, the liability on the hotel would have been huge, I'd think! Two years ago when we stayed here, that same van was in service and was in horrible condition then! C'mon -- time to get rid of it, people!!! The smaller van which picked us up at the end of our trip was in much better shape and gave the hotel a better image. The staff here are VERY friendly and helpful, the room was decent enough for a night's stay, the breakfast was adequate. The prices are excellent for parking and a night's stay when gone for a long trip. This hotel has a lot going for it in a niche market. I'd hate to see it blown because of an accident with a guest-hauling vehicle which really should be removed from service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Benchwarmer,

Thank you for your review and choosing to stay with us. I am extremely sorry that your stay was not to our expectations nor yours. We are in the process of acquiring a new van within the next few days. I have also met with our drivers and will be meeting with them again tomorrow to go over proper care and maintenance once more. We usually inspect the vehicles on a daily basis for wear and tear and I am shocked when you said the tires were bald. When I inspected the tires I found that they had enough tread according to the penny test. I am unsure which tire your speaking of. Please give me a call so I can verify.

I also will be having our drivers take the vehicle to a tire shop to inspect our tires by a professional. I am sorry that you had a bad van experience. However I am happy that you found our rooms clean and I hope we can have the opportunity to earn your business and show you how wonderful of an experience we can provide you.

I hope we can speak soon and wish you well in your future travels.

Pratik Trivedi

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Elk Grove Village? Share your experiences!