“we used this hotel to park our car while we flew from...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Elk Grove Village/Chicago/O'Hare Airport West

You added Days Inn Elk Grove Village/Chicago/O'Hare Airport West to your Saves list
Days Inn Elk Grove Village/Chicago/O'Hare Airport West
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1920 East Higgins Road, Higgins & Oakton/I-90, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Springfield
“we used this hotel to park our car while we flew from...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

we used this hotel to park our car while we flew from ohare. The room was comfortable after an overseas flight an the location was great

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Medina, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel for years and have a great experience every time.

The rooms are comfortable and clean.

The staff is extremely helpful and pleasant.

Will continue to stay here for years to come.

Room Tip: This hotel has become very busy so get your reservations in quickly.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is a great location if you want to get close to O'Hare Airport or the Stephens Convention Center. Also it was a great price; I recall I only paid about $45 a night for this stay. Unfortunately those are the only good things I can say about this place. No... wait... it's right next to a McDonalds and you might want to walk over there for breakfast. The free breakfast was just sweet rolls and donuts.
The problem wasn't the donuts, though; the staff was so inattentive that the breakfast area was routinely decimated of donuts as well as coffee during the busiest time. When I mentioned this (along with other problems) at checkout, the clerk rudely told me that wasn't true, that they were always on top of supplying the breakfast area. Customer service hint to the staff: Don't ask if everything was ok if you don't want to hear the answer. Also, don't tell the customers that they are lying when in fact you are the one who is lying. The staff wasn't all bad, however. One clerk saw me drawing water from the sink in the breakfast area and warned me not to drink the water. I wasn't surprised because I had noted a foul odor when the toilet in my room was flushed. At first I thought this was sewer gas but after the clerk said that I realized that the water itself actually stinks.
There were some other problems: the WiFi in the room did not work at all; it wouldn't stay connected to their network. I tried it in the lobby; it was a little better there but still poor. There was a computer in the lobby but it was hard to get on it, since people from the outside (they didn't look like guests) kept coming in and using it.
If you're looking for a cheap place to stay close to the airport, and you can live with the other stuff, this hotel is probably ok, but personally when I return to Chicago next year I'm going to try the Baymont Inn about a half-mile up the highway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Kitchener
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were given voucher to stay at La Quinta when we missed our flight back to Canada after storm in Chicago. The shuttle driver said La Quinta had no rooms and said he would take us across the street to Days Inn as he said they had the same owner. It was the motel from hell. I was travelling with my Mom, a 74 year old senior and my friend. The room we got was a smoking room and smelled so bad it made us nauseous. They had no other rooms available. The room was disgusting, old furniture, chairs, the bathroom looked like it was a prison cell washroom. Everything was worn, smelly, the beds smelled, so we would not lay down on the beds, we stood, and then finally went down to the lobby and sat on the chairs down there for an hour. We were supposed to get a shuttle at 10 am back to OHare to try and get on another flight to get home, but we couldn't stand the Days Inn anymore, so we asked for a 4 am shuttle back to the airport, where we ended sitting for almost 11 hours to catch a flight back home. It was the most horrible experience of my life, no sleep for a day. But the airport at least seemed like a clean place to sit compared to that Days Inn. I would advise anyone from staying at this Days Inn, it was dirty, smelly, disgusting, with what appeared to be teenage homeless kids coming in and out of the lobby, smoking and in general just making a nuisance of themselves. No place to eat around there either, the MacDonalds was closed to take out as we didn't have a vehicle and they wouldn't let us walk up to the window. We went to White Castle across a busy highway, walking of course, my Mom and friend ordered something as they were so hungry, but I only ordered a drink. They both said the chicken burgers tasted funny. Never again. This whole experience was a nightmare.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here....stay away.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Elk Grove Village/Chicago/O'Hare Airport West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Elk Grove Village/Chicago/O'Hare Airport West

Address: 1920 East Higgins Road, Higgins & Oakton/I-90, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Location: United States > Illinois > Elk Grove Village
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Days Inn Elk Grove Village/Chicago/O'Hare Airport West 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia and HostelBookers so you can book your Days Inn Elk Grove Village/Chicago/O'Hare Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Elk Grove Village/Chicago/o`Hare Airport West Hotel Elk Grove Village
Days Inn West

If you own or manage Days Inn Elk Grove Village/Chicago/O'Hare Airport West, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.