“Horrible customer service!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Elk Grove Hotel

You added Elk Grove Hotel to your Saves list
Elk Grove Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1600 Oakton Street, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 (Formerly Ramada Elk Grove Village/O'Hare Airport)   |
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
“Horrible customer service!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We were in town for the B96 Jingle Bash at the Allstate Arena and we ha made reservations through a third party and web we got to the hotel we went to the front desk and waited for what seemed like forever! When the lady came finally we told her we had a reservation only to be told we would have to wait about a half hour for someone to clean A room. I told her we had reserved a room and it should be ready and he gave is bad attitude and rolled her eyes and said "well we have to clean one unless you want a dirty room" we turned around and left

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Worcester, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Our group got there very late that night, and the first room the hotel staff gave me had not been clean. There were no sheets on the bed and the coffee pot was full. I had to go back downstairs and ask for another room. They then gave me a decent room close to the entrance hall which was fine.

The room is basic but clean. The bathroom is basic but worked. It was fine for a short sleep. The free shuttle to the airport is convenient as well as the breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to someone who needs to spend the night in a bed before taking a plane the next day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed 3 days and paid $51, The staff was very nice, my room was always very clean, the usual light breakfast thing, a pool, rooms are decent size. Old motel but is good for price, if you want fancy pay more. I will stay here again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Fairbanks, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

First of all, I only paid $46.00 for my room, so I shouldn't have expected too much. Still, it was a surprisingly low rate for an airport hotel of Ramada's level. The problems started with my call for a ride from O'Hare. First I was told 10 minute wait, then 25 - this in the early afternoon, not the busiest time. Even though I'd booked the room at Ramada.com, the front desk had it down that I'd booked through a third party and that the room was already paid for. It wasn't, but we agreed to revisit this in the morning when I checked out.

The room was of decent size and comfort. However, it was a warm day and the air conditioner didn't work. Front desk said they'd send maintenance right up. It never happened. 45 minutes later I call again and was told the maintenance guy was off on some errand, but he'd be back soon and they'd send him right up. An hour later, no maintenance guy, so I call again. Oh, the maintenance man has gone home for the day. In the meantime I'd managed to cool my room down by opening the windows and while this worked, the noise from airplanes climbing away from O'Hare was quite loud. Still, it was later in the day and since the room had cooled down a bit (sun in the windows was the main culprit, I suspect) I elected to stay. Interestingly, no offer was ever made to switch me to another room.

Later, a light bulb went out. I called down to front desk. This time, I got some guy who spoke broken English when he bothered to speak at all. I really had to drag answers out of him. No lightbulbs. Light bulbs go out all the time and yet they didn't have any available for quick replacement. The room was nice and quiet (no neighbors) and since that was more important to me than more light, I left it be.

Finally, I was looking forward to watching the Monday Night Football game. What? They had cable but some budget package that didn't include ESPN. Sigh... At least the wireless connection was good, so I listened on my laptop.

The best part of my stay was the quiet room and the shuttle driver, a nice guy who worked hard and was helpful with bags and the like. Would I stay here again? At $46.00 a night - maybe. I think this could be a pretty good hotel if they just get a better management team that knows how to hire good, conscientious and caring people in the public contact positions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
antioch
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

After reading the negative reviews about this hotel I thought Oh Great what did I do since I purchased through Hotwire and it was nonrefundable. Anyways, it was fine. I stayed only one night. I had to catch a early flight. I took the shuttle to the airport. I paid $40 and tax for the room through hotwire. Great Deal. Room was clean. King size bed.... couch.... - there was a pool area which looked nice (atrium) it was empty when I arrived at 7pm but the area looked nice. When I pulled up in parking lot it looked a little older...and by the front enterance/canopy... was under construction but the inside was fine. They have a complimentary breakfast however I did not have time to eat. The shuttle ride was fine. The 2 ladies when I arrived where pleasant behind the counter.

Room Tip: I did stay in a nonsmoking room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Airdrie, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

On arrival at this hotel, I found the front desk staff too busy talking amongst each other. Gave me a room key to a room which hadn't been made up yet. Hotel wireless internet was broken for 2 days. The "business centre" had 1 working PC but the internet also broke on this. I asked for some help with this but the staff member behind the desk glanced up from texting and said he didn't know. I felt customer service could have been improved. Restaurant was out of service. Hotel shuttle runs from the hotel to O'Hare hourly.
Room was OK, comfortable and clean enough.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I can't believe United sent me here. This hotel was probably an okay place 30-40 years ago. Sooo outdated. No restaurant. No gift/convenience shop (although there were a few vending machines). The remote for the TV didn't work. The whole hotel was dark, musty, dingy and scary and felt like the owners had given up a long time ago.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Elk Grove Hotel? Share your experiences!