“It's ok... But wouldn't stay again.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Elk Grove Hotel

Save Saved
You added Elk Grove Hotel to your Saves list
Elk Grove Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1600 Oakton Street, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 (Formerly Ramada Elk Grove Village/O'Hare Airport)   |
Ranked #13 of 14 hotels in Elk Grove Village
“It's ok... But wouldn't stay again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

We are here for a family reunion and just wanted something cheap since we wouldn't be at the hotel much anyway. We found this hotel to be dirty, smelly, old, falling apart, and poorly staffed. There are signs in the hallway telling you not to mind the dust as they are renovating... it looks like nothing has been changed in years. I took my four year old to the pool (which is wonderful) and when we got out we couldn't find the towels. Come to find out you have to get them at the desk... and then return them. Really??? Is this necessary??? I asked the front desk girl how much it would be to upgrade to a pool side room. She rudely told me she has nothing to do with it. So.... who does? Oh well their loss I guess. I think the hotel impossible guys would have a fun time with this hotel!

• Stayed July 2011

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Benson, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed here on 6/23. I booked through hotwire my original room. My plans changed and I needed a second room for family members. The front desk was able to provide me with that with no problems at all. I do have to say the Front Desk personnel I encountered during my stay were friendly and provided me with great service. Myself and my family also used the pool area while we were there and I found it to be extremely clean and not run down. Not sure where the bad reviews are coming from. I do recommend this hotel.

Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I arrived at the hotel at 730 pm, went and got dinner and came back to the room to shower and relax. Upon arriving back in the room there were NO towels. I called the front desk at 830 pm and every half hour it took 7 calls numerous lies on that they were on the way but didn't arrive until 1152pm. I also called for a 410am wake up call that never came. I would not stay at this hotel again and would not recommend anyone to.

Hamburg, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Okay, this is seriously not the Hilton, but...
The rooms are spacious, they are clean enough for me, internet works (not great but enough to use it for important stuff), the ladies on the front desk are not rude at all and were helpful. There is also a lot of food in walking distance (and even some non-fast-food-options).

Given the fact that I paid $33 for the room, I was pretty happy with it.

So, if you are looking for something cheap and convenient close to O'Hare - take this.
If you are not happy with the shuttle service - it is like 6 miles away from O'Hare, so a cab fare cannot be that much either...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I was a little worried about staying here after reading the reviews. However, being that my reservation was nonrefundable, I figured I would at least try it out. I don't think it was quite as terrible as others make it out to be.

Yes, the building is run down and understaffed, the airport shuttle was a little iffy, the sheets were threadbare, the breakfast selection was limited, the room was only 90% clean, and the woman who works at the front desk during the afternoons is a rather unhappy person.

At the same time, the room was 90% clean, the shuttle service left as scheduled in the morning, the continental breakfast at least exists, and our air conditioner did work. The guy at the desk overnight (John?) was great. I didn't really expect much more considering the very low price that I had paid.

Don't get me wrong -- this is not a nice hotel. If you're looking for a nice hotel then you should pay more to stay elsewhere. But, if you're cheap like me and just need a place to sleep then it is probably fine. I've stayed at some pretty terrible motels and this was not the worst.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

We were In Chicago for three days for cubs games, and when we first got there our room was 80degrees, no towels no blankets, and the staff was rude. Went to the desk to say we were very unpleased so they upgraded our room. Our room upgrade had a broken ac, and still not to our standards. We made the best of it for the night next morning told them ac didn't work they said someone would fix it in the evening. So we went to the game came back it worked, then the wifi was down asked when that would work they said morning. Morning came still no wifi only n the lobby. We left n we forgot our $50 pillow and my $70 swimsuit called them bc we were already 4hrs away they said they would check with house keeping "we were willing to pay the postage to get our stuff back " .. next day I call the staff calls us liars n said there was nothing in there. Not only is the staff rude they steal and lie. We will never go back there!!!

• Stayed June 2012
North Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

If you are flying out of O'Hare Airport in Chicago and you plan on staying overnight, do not stay at the Ramada O'hare in Elk Grove Village, IL. This place is WAY past its prime. The broken glass that covers the parking lot (a sign of many vehicle break-ins) combined with the rotten siding will give you an un-easy feeling as you enter the lobby. Furthermore, the swimming pool area should be condemned. Then, you can lie awake in your broken down bed with the "clean" sheets and listen for your car alarm. After a sleepless night you can look forward to coffee that will also work as paint thinner and, if you are lucky and have the correct change, a Zag Nut bar from the vending machine. (From the looks of the broken vending machine, I highly doubt that many of the "high-class" hotel guests actually bother to use money) Then, you can enjoy the added stress of riding the broken down shuttle van that is 20-30 minutes late. That way they do not have to provide any sort of excersize room because they know you will have to run through the airport so you don't miss your flight.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side are better because you will be able to hear your car alarm a lot better.