“Not the quality you would expect” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Tinley Park
“Not the quality you would expect”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed at hotel because wedding reception was held at adjacent banquet room. Checked in and went to reception.
Returned to room at 11pm to smell odor of sewer gas. Room was on third floor. I went to bed and closed the bathroom door to contain the odor. Oh, I flipped the switch for the "silent fan", in the bathroom. (never heard of that one). Water pressure was low and shower spray was in need of CLR. The shower curtain was made up of two curtains. I placed one inside the tub and one outside. After the shower I had water on the floor. The curtains were worn and wicked the water from one curtain to the other. The occupants of the room next door left their TV on all night. Each time the air conditioner cycled off, I heard the neighbor. The walls in this hotel are very thin and not well insulated. Not much they can do about that. Do not stay in room 331.
The staff was very nice. I hope they find a job at a better hotel.
I will not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelManager834, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Elk Grove, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Royal Oak, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I traveled here with a large group back in August 2013 and enjoyed my stay very much. The front desk staff and breakfast attendants were professional and courteous. The lobby, breakfast room, and our group's rooms were all clean and well maintained. The breakfast had a good variety of food and was tasty and hearty (eggs, bacon, sausage, make-your-own waffles, etc.) I'm very picky when it comes to hotels and this one definitely met and exceeded my high standards. I would definitely recommend. (By the way, this location is great for Chicago travelers that want to stay outside of the city with a short 20-30 minute drive.)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Unbelievable. Two nights in a row there was a big party going on with very loud music. I went to the lobby twice to ask for another room. You really cannot sleep with this loud bass drums! Had to catch the plane the next morning for a 10 hour flight.
Not a great way to start a 6000 mile flight with no sleep in 2 nights before.
I cannot understand they put people in this rooms near the party animals.
Never, never again Country inn for me!!!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Elk Grove, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize the noise levels kept you from enjoying your stay. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We chose this hotel due to a 5:30 pm wedding in the Belvadere. Arrived in jeans and had a super room to change clothes and get cleaned up before we needed to be at the wedding. After the reception, it was steps away to our room again for decompression and a great nite's sleep. LOVE the new pillows, just like ours at home! Breakfast was a treat, especially the biscuits and red eye gravy! The only place I can compare these to are the ones from Tudors in West Virginia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was our first visit here, but probably not our last.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night on our way out of Chicago and booked it through Hotwire at a decent price. The hotel was clean and comfortable and any questions or concerns were dealt with promptly. I must point out that the continental breakfast was excellent...eggs bacon hash browns, it was great. My only complaint would be the location is weird because its not on a freeway exit, wifi was weak, pool area was dark and business centre was outdated. But I would highly recommend this place!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I visited our daughter (who lives in Roselle, IL) recently and decided to stay (for the first time) at the Country Inn in Elk Grove Village.
We were both very pleased with our decision. The shuttle from O'Hare Airport was very helpful and our driver (Victor) was a delightful man and highly competent.
The General Manager (Samuel King) was very professional and very helpful.
The rooms were clean and comfortable.
The rates were very competitive and our grandchildren had a blast in the hotel pool.
We will definitely be staying here on our future trips

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

There were several good things about the hotel.

The room was a good size. The location in the suburbs worked for our trip. There was plenty of parking. There was free and fairly reliable wi-fi.

However, all of those good things were undercut by the bad. The outdoor courtyard area was busy until after 1 AM both nights we were there. The windows were thin and the noise kept me up. The place was booked solid, which meant that breakfast was overrun and public areas were crowded. The two elevators had long waits and you had to weave your way through people to get through the lobby.

I'd also reiterate the towel concerns of others. The showers also tend to leak water onto the floor, as the curtains are made of a cloth-like substance.

The staff was alright, but we didn't have much interaction with them.

During the week or in the winter it might not be as bad, but I wouldn't stay here again in on a summer weekend.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the courtyard area unless you're a sound and easy sleeper. It's...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelManager834, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Elk Grove, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Valued Customer,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary wi-fi, room size and the convenience of our hotel location and parking. I apologize for your noise concerns...it was the 4th of July weekend and it appears that there was a fireworks show, a couple of weddings and some other celebrations going on around the hotel. The shower curtains and shower heads have been replaced and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Elk Grove? Share your experiences!