“Weekend Trip” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
St. Louis, MO
“Weekend Trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just arrived home after a three night stay. We had two rooms located next to each other. We were there attending a wedding at a banquet center adjoining to the hotel. The $90 per night rate was reasonable. The hotel rooms need maintenance. The grout in the bathroom floor was cracked and some of it was missing between tiles. An employee arrived at our door just as I exited the
shower. The room below us had some water dripping from their bathroom ceiling. We think it was due to the missing grout. Our daughter and her friend occupied the second room. The door would not lock unless they were very careful to pull or push it shut with force. They could push it open from the hallway. The walls are paper thin. You can hear conversations in the room next door.I am sure this hotel gets lots of abuse from people attending special events at the banquet center. The staff was friendly and the cleanliness was ok. I would not stay again unless I was there to attend an event and got a special rate.

Room Tip: Do not get a room near the banquet center. The music is loud and continues to 1:00 a.m. or later. Th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Round Lake, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Hotel room was nice enough for 1 night's stay, beds were comfortable and room was clean. I had some issues with heating unit in my room. The air conditioning would randomly start while still on heat setting, and unit was quite loud and woke me up a couple of times.

I usually enjoy my stay at Country Inn hotels, but this stay was quite average and not worth much praise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Traverse City, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel because the wedding reception was being held next door at the Belvedere. Extremely convenient to be able to walk between the hotel and reception venue. Breakfast was excellent and the front desk staff was wonderful. The rooms were well insulated from outside noise. Someone above us was heavy footed or jumping for some reason the second night, but it didn't last very long. I received a nice discount for prepaying for the stay.

Room Tip: Stayed in a King suite room for $10 more. The room had new carpet and updates.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago Suburbs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Booked a room here because we attended a wedding at the attatched banquet hall. We reserved a standard king size room. Room was fine, clean. They do have a breakfast in the morning (waffles, oatmeal, toast, sausage etc...). Lobby is very nice and welcoming. Overall for one night for a wedding it was a good stay. Only downside is limited parking if the banquet hall has event and the bar next door is full.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

came to chicago for a wedding stayed 2 nights. when reserving the room they gave me an option (if available) to upgrade to a family suite for a few extra dollars which i accepted ,but unfortunatly at checkin they just brushed the upgrade off saying none available sorry. the hotel itself is in great shape the room was a nice/clean basic 2 double bed. the pool/hotub area was very clean and also in great shape. the wedding we went to was in the attached banquet hall which was not only super convienent but was amazing (probably run by a seperate private business worthy of its own great review) The breakfast/hospitality room is very nice but the free breakfast itself was just average for the hotels that include this.staff was very nice /friendly

Room Tip: if booking online just reserve a family suite instead of accepting the" if available option&quo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Andover, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I needed a place to stay since I have a severe head concussion & needed a safe, clean, pet friendly place to stay. I was tired after staying at 3 other motels on my travel. When I walked in I was impressed. But, room was dirty & discussing, but the staff was wonderful & brought me new comforters that didn't have cigerette burns in them. They also gave me lysol to spray my room down. I had to wipe out what looked like mice belongings from the dresser drawers to put my clothes away & continue in the bathroom to clean up the small black hairs left behind on the floor. I snuck my two cold little friendly dogs in late at night so they wouldn't freeze. I got kicked out the next day by police!!! I have a concussion, severe degenerative disc disease in my back & having to load up my car with ALL my belongings that the staff helped me unload the day b/4 & brought up to my room was a 3 1/2 hour battle!! I had to even leave my dog Kennel behind & pillows because I couldn't fit them in since I had to be out at the latest 1:30 according to manager who came up to my room to watch me pack & then rest my back on the bed since it burns when I'm on my feet!!! PLEASE DON'T STAY FOR CLEANLINESS, but stay for the staff!!! Tell them to clean their hot tub too since that was the first thing I needed after traveling & all it had was sand at the bottom of it.
Signed,
on medical leave from concussion!!
Chris J

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HotelManager834, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Elk Grove, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you so much for bringing to our attention your issues with the hotel. I would ask that you please contact me directly, as I am concerned that the incident/experience you describe occurred at another Country Inn & Suites. In my seven month tenure as General Manager of the Country Inn & Suites – Elk Grove Village, IL we have not requested a police presence at our hotel for any reason.
Please contact me at 847.985.0101 or by email at cx_oweg@countryinns.com
I look forward to speaking with you regarding this matter.
Sincerely

Melanie Zematis
Country Inn & Suites – Elk Grove Village, IL
Ingleside, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Spoke wwith George at the corporate site and explained about my husband having surgery. Said that we needed a handicapped(wheelchair acces) room. I told him the best option would be two quees beds so as not to disturb his leg and a pull-out sofabed for our son.
We checked in on Friday about an hour before the wedding. It's a good thing we did. We got a standard double queen room and a chair.
When we called to say how we were guaranteed 2QB with a pull-out, wheelchair accessible, we were told by the front desk that that type of room didn't exist at this facility. They moved us to a king, plus sofabed. NOT wheelchair accessible, not handicapped.
Next problem is with the pool area. there is no access to restrooms from the pool; no shower area for sanitary. There was exposed wiring in the main pool adjacent to the 3ft/0.9M sign in the pool. The hot tub had 9 jets: 3 worked; 4 turned on intermittently(pulsed on/off); 2 didn't work at all. It was about 6in too shallow, under-temp and the jet timer didn't work. On wonders about the maintenance on the pool area when this much is wrong.
Breakfast was good. Good accessibility to the wedding reception hall.

Room Tip: check in weel in advance and check your room if you need one with special features
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Elk Grove, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to post this review and sincerely apologize for your experience. Your comments have been shared with management so they are aware of this situation. It is our goal to ensure our guests always feel comfortable and can enjoy the amenities the hotel has to offer and we apologize we did not meet your needs in these areas. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss this further. Our email is CCare@carlsonrezidor.com.
We thank you for your feedback, as this helps our hotels maintain the required standards.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Elk Grove? Share your experiences!