“Comfortable room; great nights sleep; friendly staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Comfortable room; great nights sleep; friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

As others who have recently reviewed this property, I stayed two nights for a frequent traveler conference (my 3rd year attending; missed 1). Since I was arriving late, I had e-mailed the property prior to arrival to ensure that my room type request would be available and got an almost immediate response from the GM indicating no problem, room reserved.

Upon arrival, and throughout my stay, the one prevalent impression that I got was that the staff was super friendly, courteous, and thoroughly enjoyed working with this big group! Everyone was smiling and that was a lasting impression.

I found the room to be very comfortable, clean, and was happy when I realized that there was a refrigerator which I made great use of to chill my diet Coke's and leftover pizza from nearby Lou Malnati's (yum!-deep dish Chicago-style!). Got a great sleep both nights of my stay. Oh, and the wifi worked great.

Already making plans to return for next year's conference! Keep smiling!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us, and can't wait to see everyone back next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Like the previous reviews, I attended a conference at this hotel. The staff were friendly and worked hard to accommodate us. My room had lots of space plus a refrigerator and microwave. Bathroom was very small - the door almost touches the toilet when opening/closing. The free wifi worked well. The hotel restaurant had good food at reasonable prices though during the conference it was way understaffed leading to long wait times. There is also Starbucks and Panda Express nearby but otherwise food options are very limited around the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your posting! Thank you for mentioning our staff! We're sorry to hear you thought the bathroom was small, but thrilled that overall, you had a great experience with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, and hope to see you back at next year's event!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I also was attending a conference at the hotel. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The room itself left a lot to be desired. To begin with the left side drape was half hanging and it stayed that for both days I was a guest. The bathroom was the worst part. There was no shower curtain liner, mold in the grout and no conditioner provided. In addition, on the second day a cleaning rag was left on the bathroom counter. If I attend this conference in the future, I will stay in another hotel.

Also, the walls were incredibly think. I could hear all sorts of plumbing noises throughout the night.

I had a morning flight and the tables in the lobby area were littered with dirty glassware from the day before.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for your comments! Although we love hearing about our staff, we're dissappointed to see that you had issues in your room. There is no mention in your posting if you informed any of our team members about these issues. I certainly hope you did, and that what was able to be corrected, was!
If not, please - always bring things like this to our attention so we can address them before you check out. Hopefully you'll reconsider, and re book with us again in 2014.
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I attended a conference held at the Holiday Inn Elk Grove and stayed at the hotel for 2 days.

I was greeted pleasantly and given my room early, though I had not notified the hotel of my early arrival. I received a small welcome amenity (snack and bottle of water) due to IHG loyalty membership status.

The hotel offers a free shuttle to O'Hare which runs every 30 minutes much of the day, and every hour in less peak hours.

My room was clean and pleasant. Common areas were also clean (though overly crowded at our event).

The staff of the hotel worked very hard and were, without fail, very pleasant.

The only issue is that service in the onsite restaurant had very slow service. I suspect they were understaffed due to the large conference but that is something they knew in advance and ideally should have staffed up. There is a Starbucks just up the road, but otherwise dining options in the area are quite limited.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your posting! We're thrilled to hear that your experience was a good one! The Seminar sure had us packed, and we apologize if that was an inconvenience at any point throughout your weekend. We can't wait to have you back next year!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This is my second year attending a conference at this hotel and my first one staying here. The staff are incredibly helpful, friendly, and professional. That makes up for any little inconveniences.

The attached restaurant has excellent food at very inexpensive prices. It's a nice atmosphere that doesn't feel like a hotel restaurant/bar.

The room was spacious, temperature controlled, quiet, and clean.

The one problem was the wifi. I couldn't get service on my iPhone for most of my stay. I called the front desk for help. They transferred me to an off site IT service who spent maybe 15 minutes on the phone with me and couldn't figure it out. They said they would call me back and never did. I gave up and used my data plan.

• Stayed October 2013
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Very nice to hear! Thank you for your comments regarding our staff, we take pride in serving our guests! We're sorry to hear you had wi fi issues however. It's understandable to be frustrated after 15 minutes on the phone with s support desk.

We are glad however to see that overall you had a great experience with us! Looking forward to having you back again next year!
Niagara Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

It becomes to easy to frame cliche's when offering opinion; and being a person not prone to cite business attributes, notably the concept is being gauche or pretentious or perhaps self-serving; I draft this 'feedback' specific for those travelers seeking honest and true witness to a business that stands prepared to make your stay more than a bed. I would like to offer the thanks and appreciations deserved to the staff, Abed, Emmanuel, Marlene and Jeff. They make not only for competent Clerks, they stand for friendliness beyond a call of service, and this being especially true to Miguel, a server, who is more than willing to assure to your needs. I might go as far to claim, the hotel being clean and accomodiating is second nature to those that make a stay into a pleasure, they have become more than friendly greeters, I would like to call them friends and family; for you shall discover this yourself, these folks take the sharp edge of traveling into a relaxing and uplifting experience. When then claim to be there to serve, it is not merely words folks, they stand for their performance. If IHG is seeking role models for business attributes, look to Holiday Inn Elk Grove Village Illinois, they are your true performers and deserve the recognition. Thank you for opportunity to share time with you; and for the travelers, for the money spent, you could not find a better place to take your family, for they respect you just like you are their family.

Room Tip: I would suggest those light sleepers: to ask to be away from the elevator, being it is quite active...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
What a genuine pleasure it is to reply to your posting. Thank you for taking the time to post such a well thought out, and classy note. We appreciate you recognizing so many of our associates by name! Please know that we share all comments, both negative and postitive with our team. We realize that a "room is a room" in most cases, as long as it's clean and everything functions as is should. Our staff is what makes, or breaks a guests' experience!
We're sorry if elevator traffic disturbed you at all, but very happy to see that overall, you had a great experience with us. Please come back again soon!
Arizona City, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel has the friendliest staff. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and nice. The shuttle driver was very informative and friendly. The staff know the area and the city of Chicago very well. They recommended great attractions and resturaunts. This hotel has the best staff I have ever seen. I will definetly stay at this hotel next time I am in Chicago. GREAT hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Perfect! Nothing makes us happier than reading postings like this! We pride ourselves on creating a memorable experience for our guests, and this is a perfect example!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Please, we want to know if this is ever NOT the experience you have, before you check out, so we can fix it!

Hope to see you back again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove? Share your experiences!