“Average facilities, good service” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Toluca Mex
“Average facilities, good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed four nights in this hotel. Check in and check out process were very good and as fast as they can be, but when I called for the shuttle service at O'Hare the person that took the call wasn't very helpful explaining how to get to the shuttle center.
Room was average nothing impressive, to be quite honest for the price and other reviews I expected a little bit more.
I reserved the option that includes breakfast, they gave me coupons (upon request) and I think it was a good choice, you can pick whatever you want from the menu.
There's also a restaurant with access in the lobby, I found this very convenient as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review. I apologize if for some reason you were misguided to the shuttle pick up location at O'Hare, but also glad to hear that overall, you had a good stay and that you enjoyed our restaurant options. Please keep us in mind for your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Jamestown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I travel to Elk Grove Village every month for a week or two at a time for business. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The rooms are nice clean and comfortable. Location is great, close to airport, shopping and restaurants. The restaurant ( Shelby Cambell's) has great drinks specials and great food. I always feel welcomed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Awesome! We love to hear when we're upholding our mission to be the "cleanest and friendliest" hotel in Chicago! Please let us know if this is ever NOT the case before you check out so we can fix whatever is wrong. We look forward to having you back soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the holiday inn Elk Grove from 26th January till 1st February for business. The customer service was excellent, everyone was extremely helpful and friendly and went out of their way to make the stay pleasurable from the phone call from the airport for a shuttle ride until check-out.

At check-in I mentioned that I had arrived on the Saturday so I could go shopping at Woodfield mall on Sunday. Found out that the shuttle bus was available only during the week but Mr Abed Khan went out of his way to make sure I could enjoy my shopping afternoon before my week of work. This I appreciate greatly, it's not everyday a person receives such great and thoughtful service and someone goes out of their way for you. This I will not forget. Thank you!

The restaurant Shelby Campbell's I can also highly recommend, great food and great service.

What more could a person ask for? I will without a doubt stay at the hotel again should I be in the area in future and also recommend it to friends/co-workers and everyone else who is seeking a hotel in Elk Grove!

• Stayed January 2013
We appreciate your posting and are happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service! We also will share your comments about Abed with our entire team, he's been here for many years and has develped quite the following. Thanks again, we hope to see you back soon.
Des Moines, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed here this last week for business and Michael Marcrum and Jeff Rodriquez were wonderful! :) They went above and beyond to make my stay pleasurable and made me feel at home. I really hope they recieve some type of kudos for the amazing customer service.

Also all of the drivers were amazing as well. Frank is such a character...he was awesome! I don't know the morning shuttle drivers name...but he needs kudos as well.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat if I was to ever return to Chicago.

Thanks,

Jeannette Steiner room 302 2/3/13-2/8/13

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
What a nice posting, thank you for taking the time to recognize some of the members of our staff! Please know that this will be shared with the entire team, and we hope to have you back for your next trip!
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

This Holiday Inn is a great property, near O'Hare and the northwest suburbs.
Restaurant is a great sports grill, food & service are both quite good.
Room is comfortable & clean, excellent 42" flat screen tv.
As Arnold said, "I'll be back".

• Stayed January 2013
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your posting, we're glad to see that you had a clean room and enjoyed our restaurant, Shelby Campbell's! We hope you choose us again for your next trip, until then "Hasta la Vista"!
Providence, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Check-in was friendly and efficient. But the room was not clean enough. It was clean-ish for a cheap motel, but not up to the usual Holiday Inn standards. There was some peeling paint; chipped woodwork and furniture; a few stains on the carpet, walls, ceiling, and linens. The desk chair had a stain that made me wonder.

The toilet wouldn't flush, and when I jiggled the handle, it flushed, but wouldn't shut off (I had to open the toilet to fix it myself - ugh.) The heating/AC unit's thermostat was off, because I set it for 68 degrees, but it heated the room up to about 80 degrees (per my travel alarm clock.) I found that if I set the thermostat to about 55 degrees I could get the temperature I wanted.

One bright note: the restaurant/bar in the lobby is excellent. I met some local colleagues there both nights of my stay and had a great time.

There's also a Starbucks one block away (walking distance) which is always nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your posting, I'm sorry to see that your room did not meet your expectations. Many of the responses we place on tripadvisor include the pride we have in our mission to be "the cleanest and friendliest hotel", and I apologize this was not your experience. I would love to speak with you and get more detail so we may follow up on whichever room you were in as we do not have record of any guest complaints matching your comments in recent history.
We are also very glad to see that your enjoyed our restaurant, and hope that you come back soon to give us another chance.
Thank you again for your feedback, Happy New Year!
Lakeville, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We booked 8 rooms for 6 days at this location for a business trip that we organized for some of our business associates travelling from France. Everything was perfect, from the time I booked the rooms with the efficient and flexible help of the Director of Sales on location, to the time we all left the hotel and even after, when the hotel was helpful in keeping a few of cases of products for us until our local distributor picked them up later in the day.
The entire staff was always courteous and helpful. The restaurant was a great place for us to crash after a whole day of work, the ambiance is very nice and the american style food quite good.
We will definitively stay here again on our next stay in Chicago.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Great! Thank you for your posting, we're glad to see that our sales department was able to make your group trip a success! We'll certainly pass on your comments to our Shelby Campbell's restaurant as well! We look forward to your next trip. Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove? Share your experiences!