“Good Food at Reasonable Prices” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Chicago, IL
“Good Food at Reasonable Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I went to Jimmy's Charhouse with another couple and we all had good meals and a good time. My dish was the broiled lamb chops and broiled pork chop alforno. Along with it I had a delicious salad and rice pilaf. These chops were the best i had in years. I rarely order pork or lamb in a restaurant, but the server sugested them, so I tried it. Delicious! The meal was reasonably priced and worth it.
I recommend Jimmy's to everyone! Also, the atmosphere is very quaint; Italian styled.
There is a separate bar area that was jumping when we came in, but from where we were sitting, the noise did not interfere with our conversations. The server was attentitive and made suggestions on the wine, which was very good also.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Elgin, Illinois
“New Year's Eve”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Had reservations for 6.Had to wait about a half hour to be seated. Guess that's not too bad for New Year's Eve. Tables were very close and the noise level was loud. Hard to hear across the round table. We were in the back corner of the restaurant and it was cold. Server was excellent. The food was very good. We had four different meals ( fish, chicken and steaks) and everyone was satisfied. We have eaten here many times and have really never had a bad meal. The food was pricier than normal but again it was New Year's Eve.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Huntely, IL
“Jimmy's should be better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Five of us ate there last night. Four of us had the prime rib and it was a huge disappointment. We all eat out often so we know what's good and what isn't. Bottom line: it was tough and sinewy. It was served with choice of potatoes and we all agreed they were average. Three of us had the side salad which was a plate of iceberg lettuce, one small cherry tomato and some rather tasteless dressing. One of our group had the rib eye steak and said that it was delicious. We all had various desserts which proved average to good. However, our cocktails were excellent!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Poor service and food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Six friends walked in(1 wheelchair bound), and we were seated at a round table that was very close to other tables, and one of my friend has to squeeze into her seat. We sat there for 5-10 minutes, wating for water, and the server. He cam to the table with an attitude from the start. When we asked for separate checks, he was not happy. He never once smiled, and acted "put out" by us being there. We finally got water, and it was never refilled again. Right befoer the food came he put the place setting on the table for three of us, since they were missing. Our calamari was disgusting, as it was not cooked enough, and it had to be sent back to be recooked. It still did not tast right. The chicken sandwich that I had was like shoe leather, and the fries were cold! I did not even take my leftovers. The server was a jerk, and we told the manager on the way out I've been here in the past, and the food and service have gone downhill. I would not go back again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Steak and Potatoes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Get steak cooked to perfection. The staff really took care of me. The Candlewood Suites sent me over. I thought they would get some sort of kickback for sending me over there, but the food was worth it if they do get one!

Visited October 2013