“Disappointing All Around” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 14 Attractions in Elgin
More attraction details
Owner description: Measuring 400 feet long and 100 feet wide, this picturesque riverboat features 16-foot ceilings and more than 1,000 slots and a variety of table games.
Chicago
3 attraction reviews
“Disappointing All Around”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The main lobby is huge, airy and actually quite nice to look at with nice light fixtures. Sadly the casino boat is unlike the lobby. Slots here feel cramped together and, aisles are extra tight to walk through. The feeling inside the casino is cluttered. The staff working the player club in the lobby seemed disinterested and would prefer you did not bother them even with nobody else in line. This was disappointing. The casino has a mix of older digital and manual reel slots but only maybe a dozen penny slots. Most machines were quarters, dollars followed by 2 cent, 5 cent machines. Not enough variety of new machines compared to other casinos in the state. Sadly the slots also do not payout. Many slots don't even pay back your initial bet when hitting multiple symbol. Such a scam. So really you are constanlty losing regardless. The tables seemed overcrowded and not worth the trouble. Won't be back.

Visited December 2012

Downers Grove, Illinois
“Logo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I helped the contractors open the boat, & then was employed @ GVC before transfering out to LasVegas to go to slot school for Mandalay Bay-----while coming home to visit relitives "I went over to my boat" I think that in was "sortta stupid by changing the casino logo from Victoria to a Crown" the reason why I say that is because it looks a lot like the logo of "The 4 Queens Casino
that is located in downtown Vegas on Freemont Street" now I know how hard it was/is when it comes to getting players on the water, but, it "might just be a smart idea to change the Casino Logo back to Victoria" so that if some of the players that might live here in Elgin have a "BAD PROBLEM while visiting 4 Queens in Vegas' that they don't bring their problems back to GVC"

Christopher Blocker----Maintance

Visited November 2012
18 attraction reviews
“Quick stop at this riverboat casino”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife and I were in the Elgin area for a youth hockey showcase. We had some time between games, so we stopped by this casino for a while. We put a couple $20's into some machines (gone quickly) and played a few hands of BJ (won enough to cover slot losses plus a few $$ more).

For a casino, this place was pretty small. Table game limits were high (BJ tables were $25+/hand) with poor rules (6:5, CSM's). Craps was $15 min (meaning a realistic min of $18 for placing 6 & 8). I guess they can get away with the high min's and poor rules due to they have no local competition. I guess I'm spoiled by my yearly trip to Vegas where you can find great tables with low min's on Fremont street. Even the indian casinos in northern Michigan and Wisconsin have much better table game rules and lower min bets. My rating of "poor" is not a "sour grapes" review because I lost money (I actually won a small amount). Rather, it is based on my experience in gambling in close to 100 different casinos (Vegas and Indian). Though not aesthetically a dump (the place had a fair visual appeal), it ranks near the bottom of all the other casino's I have visited.

Visited November 2012
chicago burbs
4 attraction reviews
“Feeling the strain?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Once upon a time this place had a buffet to write home about. Took many a visiting relative there for the food as much as the casino.
Now the quality seems to be less - perhaps the ecenomy has hit them too....and the food selections have paid the price. Buckinghams is good, and the service is great.Thier $20 specials are worth the drive.

Visited August 2012
Elgin, Illinois
“Beware of scammer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Yesterday Evening in the Grand Victoria parking lot,man tried to deceive-my wife and three police officers with my wife has scratched his car door-White-Toyota SUV.My wife go out from casino to the parking lot where Three police cars became around 12.30 am.But scratch not to my pick-up truck it was 15 inches above the bumper,also my wife parked on 9.30 pm and a man parked in the parking lot on 10.30 pm,one hour after my wife.My wife was very upset and had lost in the parking lot about two hours to finish investigation.Did the Police should not punish a man with purpose prepared a scam?

Visited October 2012