“well worth the price, nice for a couple nights” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 8 hotels in Elgin
Rockford, Illinois
“well worth the price, nice for a couple nights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Quality Inn on Tollgate Road, Elgin, Illinois is nice, clean, well cared for. The shower head was terrific! I loved the settings and the fact that I could get that 'needle-like' spray that rinses soap out of long hair so efficiently.
The room was odor-free and clean, the sheets clean. The shower "body" towels could be a little bigger. Also the toilet in my room seemed to run for a really long time before the tank was full enough.
Other than that this was a decent hotel experience.
I have stayed at this hotel before and will do so again when I am working in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
General_Mgr_Elgin, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. And I apologize for the delay in response. We are so pleased to hear your experiences with our hotel and staff. It is with great pride do I say we are sincerely fortunate to have the staff we do, who care for the product and service they provide.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kindest Regards,
Nikki Del Rio

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
MONROE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We needed to be in Elgin for a week for a funeral. We really wanted an inexpensive but decent option. The Quality Inn more than met our needs. The staff is very friendly and helpful. (I left my Nook charger and Jim mailed it back to me Priority Mail - no charge to me!). They provide a decent breakfast that actually includes some protein! Very clean- excellent value!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very sorry for the loss you experienced in April. We are thrilled to hear that we met and exceeded your needs. Our staff is always going above and beyond to provide the most excellent care for our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future should your plans brings you to Elgin.

Kindest Regards,
Nikki Del Rio
WGC - Hertfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I choose this hotel because it was close to our office and all I needed was a bed for the night. Although low cost the reception welcome was quick and friendly and the room clean and spacious. WiFi connection worked and I had no issues with speed.
There is very little close to the hotel, so do not book this place if you do not have transport, unless of course you want to stay in all night.
Breakfast was simple, basic and self-service, but it is included in the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

it had been about two years since my last visit to elgin and i was looking for a spot to lay my head, my camera gear and my two overnight bags.
had planned on staying in chicagoland for about three days and ended up staying there for 2 weeks. a much needed vacation/holiday after two years of all work in detroit.

the hotel night clerk, bill, and the general manager, james, are the utmost professional and great senses of humour. they are kind, courteous, accomodating. they are like family to me now. i consider them my big brother bill and uncle james.

my two cohorts - one model and videographer and i were in need of a shower and rest and found quality inn (per their suggestion from previous experiences). we just wrapped up a 12 hour photoshoot in downtown chicago and needed a place to stay for the weekend.

without a doubt, they service was stellar, the breakfast was exceptional. there is wifi in the lobby. the other guests are also business minded and friendly. children are welcome and they are conveniently located from the highway.

i highly recommend Quality Inn of Elgin over any of it's competitors, if you are in the Elgin Illinois area and need great service, rooms, and accomodations.

cheers,
xiang cclc
team sundance llc

Room Tip: ask the night clerk about discounts and what rewards programs you may have. also mention that you f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

For $59.00 with Expedia I had my suspicions -- but they were unfounded! VERY clean throughout! This is formerly a Budgetel Inn ( I can tell by the construction design) nevertheless they keep the hotel up nicely. Both desk clerks I dealt with we're very kind and helpful. Nice surprise! This is where I'm staying when I'm in the area again! If not for TA I would not have chosen this hotel. Thanks TA!

Stayed April 2013
Joplin, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days in late Dec of 2012. The rooms were about average size for a Q Inn. They were clean. The housekeeping service did a thorough job despite the hotel's age being able to be detected. The Wifi was moderately fast. The breakfast was a standard hot breakfast. For some reason, the coffee was above average. Most of the hotels water the coffee down =, but here it was hot and strong. Front desk staff was friendly and efficient. We had a problem with our toilet and while the maintenance guy was quick to respond and get working on it, he was obviously not happy about it, letting out some swears. Being in construction, they did not surprise or bother me, but would be inappropriate around children. Overall, I would recommend this property. Rooms were value priced...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
minneapolis, mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

For the very economical price we paid, this place was great. Clean, comfortable, friendly and attentive to guests' needs. Pet friendly and affordable. Easy to find right off I-90. They gave us a room near an outside door so we could easily go outside with our 2 small dogs when the need arose. There is a small fee for pets but the regular rate is very affordable for such nice accommodations. The best bonus was a really good breakfast buffet. I don't know if weekdays feature such a great breakfast (we were there on a Saturday morning), but they even had biscuits and bacon which was a treat!! Check in was a breeze too. Efficient and friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!