“Perfect for road trip, very clean” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Elgin
New York City, New York
“Perfect for road trip, very clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011 via mobile

Stayed at candlewood while on a cross-country road trip to move out west. Hotel is located very close to I-90 which was important. Room was very clean, bed.was comfy and felt comfortable about leaving car I'm parking lot. Front desk was friendly and helpful also.

• Stayed June 2011

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

Our 3-night stay at the Candlewood Suites in Elgin was great. From my understanding, the hotel has only been open for about a year. The room and hotel in general were exceptionally clean. The staff was very friendly. They even have free (yes I said free) on-site laundry for their guests! Had we stayed longer, I would have definitely taken advantage of that. My only complaint is that the refrigerator in our room was noisy. If I'm ever in the area again, I'll stay at the Candlewood.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

We stayed here for 2 weeks over Christmas. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The entire staff, but especially Alisa, went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. Our ice maker didn't work so they brought us ice several times. The room was very spacious & clean. They have a full size frig, sink, two burner stove, microwave & even a dishwasher. They have dishes & pots & pans. I liked it because we didn't have to go out for every meal. The bed was very comfortable & the bathroom was a nice size. The location was perfect for us, since all our family is on the west side of Elgin. It was a little tricky to find the first time. They also have a nice fitness room & a free laundry. they do have a small pantry type store & free coffee. I used their computer in the lobby before we left to print boarding passes & a couple last minute needs. I needed a couple of envelopes & stamps, which I offered to pay for, but they just gave them to me. They also had free wifi in the rooms. We will definitely stay there next year when we go back for Christmas.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Lake in the Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

I was travel weary, and was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful rooms. I would highly recommend this hotel to all travelling around Chicago - nice place, newer, great laundry facility that is free, travelled with a pet and was very pleased.

• Stayed November 2010
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

The hotel was clean, the room was a comfortable size and nicely furnished. The pillowtop mattress was amazing. The full size fridge and mini-kitchen would make this especially comfortable for an extended stay. There's also a full computer/printer workstation in the lobby which was great for me to handle some last minute business.

My biggest complaint is that there are no ice machines in this hotel. I asked the staff and they told me I had to make ice in my room. When I'm a bit winded from carrying my things into my room and I'd like a drink of cold water from that doesn't help me. They do have cold drinks for sale near the lobby but one bottle of water/pepsi/etc is $2.50, which is obscene in my opinion. Breakfast items are also similarly price gouged. You're better off going to the 7-11 down the street.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

It is not the easiest to get to but well worth finding your way. Very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Cody, wy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

We found the room to be nice and the housekeeping was more than adequate although there were a few spots on the carpet that should have been removed prior to our arrival. The room size was good. The front desk person gave us some erroneous instructions for getting to our preferred restaurant which caused us numerous extra miles of driving before correcting the error. There was no continental breakfast that we saw. It was just a bit confusing trying to find our way to the hotel after leaving I-90 so you need to make certain that you understand the arrival instructions.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites Elgin - Northwest Chicago? Share your experiences!