“A conveinient place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Days Inn - El Paso
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   630 W. Main St., El Paso, IL 61738   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in El Paso
Davenport, Florida
“A conveinient place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

A good place to stay when you are on the road. It is clean, staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is more than adequate. Bed is very comfortable. We are here usually once a year while we are traveling.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Mason, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My step-daughter was getting married in nearby Eureka and my husband's family was coming from Wisconsin. Originally I had suggested staying in the Bloomington Normal area, but the majority wanted to stay at this Days Inn due to location and price.

Our room rate was only $65, which is appropriate for the level of this property. We had a very late check-in (1:00am) and we were not the only ones checking in at that hour. The front desk clerk, Robin, had to excuse herself to take a blanket to a room as she was the only one there. Check in took considerably longer than most hotels, mainly because this property is still doing everything old school. They even had a reservation book!! I didn't even see a computer.

We entered the building through the back door (facing a field and not particularly well-lit and likely not observed or monitored). It was a bit disconcerting that when we went to use the key card in the door it was apparent that it was not needed, the door was not locked (secure).

Guest room was on the small scale and there was peeling/torn wallpaper throughout. Overall the room was clean, but the entire property was outdated and, since there are still apparently "smoking" rooms, I felt that there was a cigarette smoke odor throughout the building, especially in the breakfast room. We enjoyed the breakfast room as a central meeting place for our group, however the breakfast itself left little to be desired. Stale bread, bagels, two kinds of Kelloggs cereal and some assorted donuts. Even the hot water for tea did not taste right. Like dispenser had had coffee in it previously.

If you are traveling and just want a cheap room for a good night's sleep, this is your hotel. Anyone looking for more should probably look elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SAINT PAUL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The staff at the hotel was incredibly warm, welcoming and friendly. We were impressed with the cleanliness of our room. This is not a high-end hotel, but it is clean and everything we expected. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Madison, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The service was excellent and apppreciated, especially when I locked my key in my car. The attendant found a phone number for On-Star and my car was unlocked in short order. The room was fine; I appreciated being warm, and being able to use the heater if I was cold. The bed was fine, but much too large for me, and I am not used to such a heavy spread. I just fold it back and ignore it. A hotel I was in recently had the heavy spread come only halfway up from the bottom; I liked that, it seemed practical. I hate those showers so high up in the air in the bathroom that one would have to be six feet tall to try to adjust them. But I cope. The water control in the shower seemed to be of an improved type.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

AUGUSTA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

They had no power when we first arrived and didn't offer a discount at all. Not even when we checked out. Bed's are no comfortable at all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Waupaca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

This is a nice motel, about the only thing we were disappointed in was the breakfast. Most of the Days Inns, where we have stayed, have much nicer breakfasts. This was very, very basic. Otherwise the room was clean, the linens were white and soft and the people at the front dest were pleasant. Would stay here again, but eat breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn - El Paso? Share your experiences!