“Great Night Sleep” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 20 hotels in Effingham
Wisconsin
“Great Night Sleep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were greeted by a friendly staff. We had a 2 double bed room and it was very large. The hot tub in the pool area was clean and worked out all the tension from driving 8 hours. The mattress in the room was literally like sleeping on a cloud. In addition to that, we had a free eggs, sausage and other items for breakfast in the morning. It is literally 2 blocks from I75 so fast off and on. Lots of restaurants and stores nearby. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Quad Cities
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

My family of 5 stayed here one night during a road trip. This hotel is conveniently located off the interstate and close to restaurants. We had a two room suite and it provided us with great space to relax. Staff was friendly and the breakfast met our needs. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was just passing through and I was too sick to continue my trip any further, so I decided to stay at this hotel. I was on the fourth floor and I did not hear any road noise during my stay. The beds were comfortable and the hotel has a list of nearby restaurants that deliver. I would stay here again. It is one of the nicer Fairfield Inn's I have stayed at. It is a little tricky to get too based on the signs and you will have to go down a rough road to get here. I was able to get a lower rate by mentioning the "special rates" sign they had in the front, which lowered the nightly rate by around $30.

My only complaint is the breakfast. It seemed pretty bad and they had no healthy options. The protein source was a boiled egg. No scrambled eggs, bacon, or sausage her. There isn't much to do in the area, but that should be expected. This hotel seems to target the travelers who are to weary to continue their drive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Marion, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was recently in Effingham for a training session with my company and stayed at the Fairfield. It was easy to find and proved to be a very pleasant oasis after a long day of training. The staff was very pleasant and met my every need. The rooms in the hotel are very nice and clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a good value and a nice place to stay. The beds were extremely comfortable, or maybe I was just so exhausted. Give this hotel a try next time you are in Effingham.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Larkspur,California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is our first stay at a Fairfield Inn, although we are Marriott members. Welcoming, friendly and helpful staff. CLEAN! The bathroom vents were clean and clear! Way better than most hotels.The food area was clean and comfortable. It is clear whoever is in charge of the breakfast area also pays attention to detail. Microwave oatmeal was available, but the line was for the homemade oatmeal along with brown sugar, raisins, nuts and butter. The banana bread was perfect.Coffee excellent.Good tea selection. Fruit and eggs and other goodies. We stayed in December and January with our two standard poodles. There is plenty of outside space to walk and most people picked up after their pets so the outside was tidy. One recommendation: book early. It is a popular place and with good reason. Big thumbs up for the housekeepers!

Room Tip: The rooms away from the Interstate are quieter, if truck noise bothers you. Both sides were OK with...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It's very clean, to the point that it still feels like a brand new hotel. It is also pet friendly, which is a plus: I typically find I have to lower my expectations and fear the worst when taking my dog to a pet friendly hotel.

My wife and I stopped here on a lengthy road trip. The hotel is right off the highway, and further down the road are several restaurants. In short, there are plenty of options for takeout or eating out. While the clerk wasn't well versed on options in the area, the staff was otherwise very helpful.

Breakfast could have been better. My wife described it as a "carb party" -- there are a lot of options, but none of them are very feeling. There are no eggs, no meats, etc. Plenty of things to sample, but if you're on a trip like us, you'll be hungry again before you know it.

That is, in part, why I docked it a star: if this hotel was about $30 cheaper, I'd rate it much higher, but for the premium price they're charging, I expected a little bit more. I have no regrets, and would tentatively recommend it. If you can get a rate closer to $100 than $150, this is a no-brainer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Rancho Mirage, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely no complaints. Very nice lobby and breakfast area with fireplace. The were more items for breakfast than most Fairfields. Room was very clean.

There was one thing which I found odd though. I've stayed in Marriott hotels for over 25 years and this was the first time I've ever been asked to sign a "hotel policies" form stating I agreed to quiet time between X-Y hours (whatever) and the hotel had the right to do this and that. It was a full page. Not a problem, just odd but they do have a nice property and maybe helps them keep it that way.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Effingham? Share your experiences!