“Christmas Cheer!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Effingham
Cleveland, Ohio
“Christmas Cheer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We walked into the hotel and it was decorated for Christmas! So cute with snowmen. The rooms were clean. Our check in was very late. We were so glad to have a room ready. We also enjoyed the hot oatmeal, biscuits, and chicken patties for breakfast. I love Country Inn and Suites!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Muncie, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stopped here in ad hoc fashion on the way back home. Despite being a last minute no reservation stop the price was very affordable. Great room - clean and well maintained. Great beds and lots of room in the bathroom. Good breakfast. To date I have not been let down by Country Inn & Suites. I am very pleased with the price for a room at this location. Most affordable hotel all trip. It's rare I stop in Effingham but if I ever do again this will be my first choice. My only complaint is that it's kind of odd how you get to the hotel (remember it was late and dark) but other than that a perfect stay.

Room Tip: Our room faced the interstate but it didn't seem too noisy. For extra quiet you might get a roo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

What's with hotels in Illinois? They always seem to be expensive, and the hotels in the Effingham area the day we needed a room where sold out for some reason, all the way to Mount Vernon. Anyway, the clerk gave us a deal of 20% off, but it was still over $130+ for one night. The employees where very nice, the breakfast attendant was very welcoming, and the night clerk got me some utensils and plates for us to use with out being put out. Walmart was a short walk away for supplies, and restaurants are near too. The area seemed safe and quiet, accept the constant noise of the highway and Jake brakes. They are doing construction on this portion of the interstate, which had an off ramp is literally 5 feet from the parking lot. The pool was super warm and open until 11pm, the hot tub was nice too. My only complaint would be the price and the smell. Our room smelled like some had smoked and then they tried to cover it with some stinky spray. The AC unit outside our door smelled musty too. The bed was comfy but the "Euro" pillows a little small for my liking. Still, the staff's customer service made up for these negatives. We didn't make our reservations in advanced, and all the other hotels in the area where sold out.

Room Tip: Rooms near the back have a lot of highway noise. Pool is super warm and open until 11pm. Fitness roo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Venice, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We use a lot of Country Inn & Suites while traveling but this one is exceptional. The rooms are immaculate, the beds comfortable and the breakfast is enough to fill you up till lunch and then some. The staff is very accommodating and pleasant. We stay there everytime we are traveling through the area and would recommend this spot whole heartedly. In fact, we delayed our trip one day because they did not have a room available. We could have gone somewhere else, but chose to wait a day to we could stay at this location. Excellent place to stay.

Pat & Al Renfrew

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

When returning to Alabama after visiting our family in Wisconsin, we usually stop in Effingham, Illinois for the night. The usual evening desk clerk, I believe his name is Robert, is always very friendly and very accomodating. The rooms are always comfortable and clean and very affordable. There is a continental breakfast every morning which has always been good when we've eaten there. So, if you ever find yourself in the Effingham area, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I just returned from staying at this hotel for a week of training in the area. Check in and out were quick and efficient, the room was clean and well stocked, the property well-maintained, and the bed was comfortable. The breakfasts were the typical fare you find at a Country Inn & Suites. The hotel is located in a good location with a Wal-Mart and many restaurants within walking distance.

The only issues I had were that the alarm clock did not seem to work so I had to rely on my smart phone to wake me up in time. And when I tried to turn on the heater it set off the smoke alarm in my room so I had to turn it back to the AC. Fortunately it was warm during my stay so I didn't need to rely on the heater. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New Matamoras, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in September in a suite. The room was very nice and John at the front desk sent us to a great restaurant. I will stay there again. The interstate was under construction and it was great to get out of the traffic and get in a comfortable room. This hotel is right at the exit, so it was easy to leave the next morning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Effingham? Share your experiences!