“Stay AWAY!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Effingham

You added Days Inn Effingham to your Saves list
Days Inn Effingham
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1205 North Keller Drive, I-57/70 Exit 160, Effingham, IL 62401 (Formerly Ramada Limited)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Effingham
Davenport, Iowa
“Stay AWAY!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This place was horrible, and as you can see from my other reviews, I am fairly easy to please. This place should be sued for false advertising as for their pics, it looks like a halfway decent place. In fact is is absolutely disgusting. The pools paint was chipping and the "hot" tub was colder than the pool and smelled like dead fish. I honestly and truly cannot see how that pool area can legally stay open. Our room had water or mold stains on the ceiling, the grout was missing from tiles in the bathroom, and when I went to lay down, my pillow was covered with a huge blood stain. I took the pillow to the front, and all they did was give me another pillow. This place was so bad, I was calling other hotels at 11:30 at night trying to find somewhere else to stay. AVOID at ALL COSTS.

Room Tip: Stay away- choose a room at another hotel in the area.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I am not impressed what so ever. The shower curtain was ripped, shower rod was very close to falling off the wall, breakfast was crowded due to small dinning room consisting of 4 tables. I thought it was supposed to a star better that Super 8 motel. I stayed in Super 8 the 2 nights before and I now wish I had stayed there this time.  Oh and maybe I'm just lazy but they don't have an elevator it would have been nice so I didn't have to carry my luggage up the flight of stairs. My advice there's a Super 8 right next-door stay there!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Stillwater, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Booked through travelocity's undisclosed hotel deals and ended up here for $35. Should have just went with a more reputible chain for $30 more. The room was musty smelling and the carpet was damp. I lined a path from the bed to the restroom with towels. Slept on top of the blanket because the sheets felt damp from the humidity in the room. Carpet was torn up in the bathroom entry way. The decor and fixtures our simploy out dated and old. When I checked in, the clerk told me my door handle was broken and I needed assistance to get into the room each time. If I hadn't been so tired, I would've requested a room change... better yet, just changed hotels. Avoid this Days Inn if you can!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Newburgh, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Room was clean with plenty of towels, good shower pressure, sink outside of the shower which we like a lot, good lighting and comfortable bed, excellent wireless connection.
There is a LOT of construction going on in the area. This may explain the run-down appearance of the hotel as a whole. It was fully booked, as I'm sure it is every day with all the construction workers.
Once all the highway construction is finished it is definitely time for an extensive remodel to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My kids and I were very disappointed. The only thing we liked about our stay was the set up of the room. Service and outside the room were the problem. The pool, which my boys insisted on, was at the hotel across the parking lot (the two hotels shared a pool). The pool itself was freezing and had cracked/broken concrete. The hot tub, another reason for booking there, was set at 75 degrees and could not be raised. It took the attendant 15 minutes to get towels for us and to check on the hot tub. This hotel was also in need of immediate attention. I've never been this disappointed in a hotel/motel.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I will never stay there again. Smelly, hole in wall in room, small rack hanging on wall of room and called it a closing. Carpeting dirty, dust on furniture, carpet not vaccued to edges and corners, pop machine not working, breakfast not good... All fruit in basket old and rotting, coffee so bad couldn't drink it. Don't go there. Had to pay $79 with a Vet discount for that!

• Stayed May 2012
Wadsworth, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

They are much nicer places to stay in Effingham -- and some are cheaper. We tried to cancel our reservation after getting to the hotel but the desk clerk gave us such a hard time -- it was 3 pm on the Sat. of Memorial Day weekend -- she said on holidays they require a 24-hour cancellation -- that we ended up staying there. They advertise a pool -- but they share it with the Rodeway Inn -- and after walking over to see it, we decided not to allow the kids to get in it -- was afraid they'd catch "something" in it. Check out the Quality Inn if you need a decent place to stay that's lower in cost -- rooms there were $79 vs. $89 a night at the Days Inn -- and the hotel and pool appeared to be much better maintained. We've stayed in very nice Days Inns previously - this one has not been maintained & is overpriced in comparison.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Effingham? Share your experiences!