“Peace Love Corvette and the Yeagers” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Attractions in Effingham
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
Sioux City, Iowa
23 attraction reviews
“Peace Love Corvette and the Yeagers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

First class operation. Clean, great bargains, class act Yeager family!

Saint Louis, Missouri
7 attraction reviews
“Small Museum.... But They Have 'Herbie'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

If you love Corvettes or VW's then you will enjoy this small, but detailed Museum in Effinghm , Illinois.

The 50's-60's motor head style of the museum is of a bye gone era when cars were fast and speed was more important than MPG.

While the Corvette section of the museum is much larger than the VW section, they do have 3 official 'Herbies'. Two from the older movie, 'Herbie Goes Banannas' and one from the more modern movie, 'Herbie Fully Loaded'. I was told that Disney sold the 'Herbie' from the latest movie to Mid America Motorworks because they were the official 'parts' company for the movie, 'Herbie Fully Loaded'.

Every year Mid Ameica Motor Works holds VW and Corvette 'Fun Fests' and while I have been to several Corvette Fun Fests and have enjoyed them, I have yet to attend a VW Fun Fest but I do plan on going next year.

So if your looking for a huge warehouse full of old cars this museum may not be for you, but if your a Corvette or Herbie fan then this musem, and very nice gift shop, is worth your time as your passing through Effingham, Illinois.

Visited May 2012
Lincoln, Illinois
74 attraction reviews
“Corvette Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

This is a corvette parts place, with several interesting exhibits. i personnally like the old gas station.

D'villate, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“Corvette lover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

I expected this museum to be a bit larger for some reason. So, initially, I was disappointed, but then as I looked around, I noticed that there is a awful lot packed into it. I was surprised that it included a VW area also. It is well laid out and very informative. I will definitely stop next time I'm passing thru the area as it is a short distance off of I-57 and I-70 highways.

Normal, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
“WOW! Want to see corvettes this is the place to go.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

A walk down memory lane! Corvette and VW lovers dream! The museum is loaded with memorbalia. Very clean and well kept.