“Worst hotel I've stayed at.” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Effingham
“Worst hotel I've stayed at.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Blood on the walls. Untouchable remote I set my clean clothes on the floor and picked up dirt and dust.the hotel across the parking lot might be a little but more expensive. So if you can't stay there sleep in your car

• Stayed December 2013
DJ P, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Effingham, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
We are really sorry that you had bad experience with us. we would love to hear from our guest. We will make sure and fix those issues if you tell us in detail So someone else will not suffer from that. Again really sorry for that. Hope you will give us one more chance. Hope to see you again in the future!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wadsworth, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

About 7 pm we exited 1-57 at Effingham (I know; sounds like a bad joke when you say it out loud) and searched for a place where we could park at our door. Rodeway Inn is right off the highway and had a pleasant, English-speaking local clerk. Pool and hot tub broken and no King rooms available, but we got a decent, clean room for $48. Not beautiful or fancy, but fine for us.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for you time to write a review for our hotel. We always try to make our guest's stay comfortable all the time. We try to provide best services as much as we can. Look forward to see again in the future!!!!!!!!!!
Rock Island, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I understand the problems you can have with an old property but for heaven sakes...Does anyone know how to clean a room? Disgusting handprints, stuff on the bathroom walls that I hate to think what it could be, lack of lighting in rooms a disgusting pool a nonfunctional hot tub. With all that, I can see the owners are greedy and don't have any pride or dignity for their property. Just make it clean. How hard is that? Another Patel hotel...Thanks a lot.

Room Tip: Very deceptive and filthy
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Flora, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We begin with the one nice thing we have to say about this place: <the guy working at the desk, Mr Willie was very nice. But look at this message: Dear Mr. or Mrs.

I found the webpage of your hotel in Effingham, Il on the internet, which contained excellent and attractive advertisement for your establishment, and decided to stay with my wife there on August 17th and 18th. Our stay was dissapointing and we feel misled and hurt, frustrated in our plans to relax, and fooled by the false advertisement. Accordingly, I ask to be compensated in some way, so that I won't feel the need to take other steps to let others know of our experience, as described below:
1. The heated pool contained dirty water, with no circulation and did not have the advertised heating./ 2. the Jacuzzi was not working and was in need of repairs./ 3. the bathtub in the room we were staying in (136) was dirty, slippery, with mildew under the floormat, disgusting, I myself had to take the hyginiec towels and clean the bathtub so that we could take a bath./ 4. there were bugs in the bathroom. / 5. the bathroom door didn't close. / 6. the room smelled bad.

TOMAS & RUTE DE SA'

Room Tip: .Rooms on the back side are more quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We arrived, chose this place because they had a pool for the grandkids to play in before bed. No one was at the desk, a note said to pick up the phone and dial "O". 5 minutes later, a clerk comes from the hotel next door, (which they also owned). Got situated in the room, didn't really look that clean... then the grandkids went to the pool... it was cloudy, didn't really look clean. Advertised a hot tub, which did not look like it had been in operation in months. When I tried to log on to the wireless internet connection, I could not connect, even though the guy at the counter said that the router was just above me, a couple doors down. Not a good experience overall at all...

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you're in Effingham.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Kansas City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Upon driving home FROM GETTING MARRIED, we got tired and needed a place to lay our weary heads. And so begins our night of nastiness (and not the the honeymoon kind).

Let me begin with the one NICE thing I have to say about this place - the guy working at the desk was very nice. Beyond that, I'd like to know how the #$%& this place stays open??? Suckers like me, apparently. This is what I got for $68:

First thing I noticed was that the white door was nearly gray from Lord only knows what. How can anyone's hands be that dirty unless they're changing oil outside? Also, the walls next to the bed and the sink were filthy as well. I found a hair on the pillow and stains on the sheets as well as on a hand towel that was hanging next to the sink. The courtesy shampoo bottle was USED (by the time I saw this I had already resigned myself to not showering there). The chair there had some sort of stain on it that I don't even want to think about. I can only assume that this a party/hooker hotel. And there was a hole in the bathroom wall. I'm sorry, but I've stayed in less expensive hotels that were WAY nicer. All I expect is a clean room, not a petri dish. I felt dirty after I left and now that I'm home, feel the need to get tested for some airborne stds. I would've rather slept on the floor of a bathroom at a Love's truck stop because at least they clean!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

This property needs major upgrading. Lobby is dark and grungy, it took 5-10 minutes for a simple check in. The room was filthy-walls were black, holes in the sheets. Room had no amenities to speak of. Only stayed for a few hours to rest while traveling. Not even worth it for that. Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Rodeway Inn Effingham? Share your experiences!