“Not impressive” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 107 Restaurants in Edwardsville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pizza & Pasta, Italian, Steakhouse, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bella Milano offers contemporary Italian with old world flavor. We have full lunch and dinner menus along with great party planning options, private rooms, and a full catering department for you convenience. Join us for date night, family night, or cocktails with friends. Bella is perfect for any occasion!
Belleville, Illinois
“Not impressive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was recommended this place by a friend, and I was just not impressed. It was expensive for what is was and the food was just "ok". I would say Olive Garden is MUCH better (that's saying something), and you get more for your money. I really wanted to give this place a better review, but they did not earn it.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Troy, Illinois
“Pretty Good Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My go to local Italian restaurant, better than the chains. There house salad is a big hit, but be warned, if you don't like sweet dressings you won't like this. Your only other option is a Caesar. They are great with a crowd. Also we went in 30 minutes before the closed after my mother's visitation and they were very accomodating, served us and didn't try to rush us out the door.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fantastic pasta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I live for their pasta. It's so good, and the portions are HUGE, which means one thing -- leftovers! The staff is very nice and helpful. The decor is contemporary, so it isn't overdone. Great restaurant.

Visited December 2012
illinois
“Bella Milano Ofallon IL location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a great dinner there the food was exceptional the rainbow trout special was great! Always pleased with the food and service.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belleville, Illinois
“Poor management and communication skills”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

CAUTION if planning a large office function using the buffet option...make sure a contract is drawn up that stipulates you are responsible for the number you confirm with the restaurant.
Recently held an office farewell party at the O'Fallon, Il location. 63 people responded to the office invite; however, on the day of the luncheon only 44 people showed up. The GM insisted because he prepared enough food for 63 people that I (the one who made the arrangement) be responsible for payment for the no shows. Had I known this information at the time the reservation was made I would have ensured this information was communicated to our co-workers that we would be responsible for those who do not attend. In the end the GM felt he should not eat the total cost of the loss and the difference should be split between us. This was unacceptable to me but rather than be confrontational like an IDIOT I agreed to pay for 10 plates. I WILL NEVER eat there again. Bad business practices.. contemplating whether to file a complaint with the better business bureau....I should not have been held liable for this cost when there wasn't a written agreement stipulating the repercussions of no-shows. I was penalized due to this lack of communication between the managers, GM, and myself.
Overall the experience from those in attendance were pleased with the food and wait staff; however, not sure they would be pleased how we were treated in the end with the final bill.

• Visited September 2012