“Great Date Night” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Staunton, Illinois, United States
“Great Date Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Enjoyable atmosphere for a dinner with my husband. Not crowded when we arrived but packed with several people waiting. We both had NY Strip dinner. Both steaks cooked perfectly with great flavor, mashed potatoes were delicious. House salad was a seasonal salad with strawberries and nuts. I liked it but was not what my husband would like so he had to order a different salad with his dinner. Staff was friendly and service was quick. Glad to have a local steakhouse we enjoyed. We will recommend to friends and go back again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Illinois
“Nice Lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Had a nice lunch with friends at Craft Chophouse. I will have to say that is was not crowded and the service was just ok. It took forever, just to get refills on water. I would go back because the taste of the food certainly out weighed the service.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edwardsville, Illinois, United States
“Very good meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Enjoyable atmosphere to have dinner with friends. Had a very nice meal and a wonderful evening. Nice staff, friendly and knowledgeable with regard to menu and wine selection.

Visited February 2013
st. louis, mo area
“Second Time Around a Bit Better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I went for our anniversary; mainly because we had a gift certificate that barely covered one entree. I had the filet and he had the strip (I believe). My steak was done to perfection and had an enormous amount of flavor for a filet. In fact, it had more flavor than my husband's steak. The mashed potatoes were very good, also. The salad was fairly small, but it did have good greens. We also had the creamed spinach (one serving) which was an extra a la carte side. I had one glass of wine and he had a beer. The service was OK. I was hoping they might give us a little suprise dessert for our anniversary, but that did not happen. If you are a huge steak fan then I guess this would work for you. I just am not a fan of paying $24-$36 for a steak that I can cook at home. I would rather have something I do not eat much such as seafood, so my review may be biased. Give it a try and tell Trip Advisor what you thought.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edwardsville, IL
“Good restaurant overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was my choice for my birthday this year. I always like to go somewhere where it is special, and this lived up to my expectations. We started out with a mixed greens salad, which was good, but not spectacular. My husband ordered a fillet mignon and pronounced it excellent. I was a little disappointed in my sea bass, however. I know it is tricky cooking fish, but, getting it right is their job afterall, and it was on the dry side--a little too overbaked. I enjoyed it anyway, but I would have enjoyed it even more if it had been cooked correctly. For dessert, we had a slice of carrot cake which was very, very good, and had excellent presentation. We'll be back, but I don't feel like we need to hurry back--Edwardsville has a lot of really good restaurants.

• Visited March 2013