“A Sports Bar for Those Who Like Sports and for Those Who Like a Fun Place to Eat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bull and Bear Grill and Bar

Ranked #37 of 99 restaurants in Edwardsville
Cuisines: American
O'Fallon, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Whether you like sports or just want a fun place to eat, this is the place for you. There is something for everyone -- whether a sports nut, student, family, traveler, or senior citizen. While there are the typical number of television sets, covering a wide variety of current sports, the noise level is not overpowering. and there are quiet areas for those interested in conversations with friends. The Bull and Bear even has some diversions for kids of all ages. The best thing, however, is an excellent menu offering a wide variety of dishes from great queso dip to very tasty Carribbean jerk pork chops. If you live or travel in the Edwardsville area (or nearby towns) this is worth sampling.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

61% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

overcooked fried fish, not good. ate here previously and enjoyed it, but not this time. restaurant has more of a bar atmosphere vs. restaurant.

Visited October 2012
“Easy going atmosphere with no congestion.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Menu had a lot if selection for decent prices. Many girls checked on us and were accommodating. Place was large, decorated nicely and very clean. Hosted properly and overall an enjoyable experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edwardsville, Illinois
“MANY better choices to eat”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

This place has really gone downhill over the past few years, from the sketchy customer service and dwindling quality of food. there are many, many better choices nearby to eat.

“Should be better than it is.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My wife and I went to Bull and Bear Grill and Bar last year and were not impressed at all. We were taken to our table and told that someone would be there to take our order. Well, we waited for about 15 or 20 minutes and no one came over so my wife went and found a server. I ordered the Jamaican Jerk Pork Chops and when i got them they were completely raw on the inside. Nobody watched the tables at all. It was like they couldn't see us so they would just walk past our table. Once we were able to flag down a server, I sent my chops back. When I finally got my order the second time it was cooked done and very good. I hope they just had a new cook and not one that just didn't care. As far as the servers go, there is no excuse for customers to be ignored as long as we were. I will probably give them another chance some time, but not in the near future. Hopefully things will be better next time. By the way, I hardly ever send food back when we eat out. Even if its over cooked or a little under cooked but when it's as raw as those chops were, it has to go back. I also normally tip my servers very well, but not when they keep walking past me like I'm not even there. Now I'm not blaming everything on the servers and cooks, because you have to have a manager who makes sure that everyone knows how to do their job and that they do their job. Ok, I'm finished now.

• Visited December 2011