“Perfect pamper day” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roslin Beach Hotel

You added Roslin Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Roslin Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Thorpe Esplanade, Thorpe Bay, Southend-on-Sea SS1 3BG, England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Thorpe Bay
“Perfect pamper day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I booked a surprise bridal shower pamper day for my sister, the staff were super! the ballon company we booked were late and the managing directer did the chasing up of them for us and were completely on top of everything, they even indulged my idea of blind folding the bride to be so she had no clue where we were going and allowed us to enter the room via the back garden to make it even more special the treatments were amazing the salon staff were really good at there jobs and were very approachable and friendly the reception team were very accommodating and helpful Megan the lady that I dealt with through the booking popped in and made sure we had everything we needed the room was second to none very luxurious clean and smelling beautifully the food was very tasty we had a full English breakfast with fruit and pastrys with lots of different juices and extras and a champagne afternoon tea it was all very 5* we all had an amazing time well done everyone who works there will be coming again or sure

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
west country
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Been staying here on and off for 4 years have not been for 18 months still good nice rooms food still excellent.

Would defo recomend they make you feel very welcome very nice when your away from home Jade the receptionist always remembers your name.

Jackie the manager is very nice always takes time out to sit down have a chat just nice touches.

Well done Roslin team ps hope u didn't hurt anybody with the chilli jackie.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

One night here was better than a whole week elsewhere for creating a relaxing,friendly get away. Great to wake up to a sea view, to walk along the shore amongst wild flowers and oyster shells. Yet all the fun of "Saafend' was only a mile or two away. Felt like the South of France sitting on the terrace in the sun.
Service excellent, friendly but professional. Had the best file and polish ever which was still unchipped ten days later in spite of four grandchildren, garden and allotment. Gave me a lovely reminder of a good stay.
Can't wait to go again.
Christine

Room Tip: Had a south facing room with sea view and vital air con in 2013 summer.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I booked an Endulgence Day after receiving an offer via email. For £69 per person we received a buffet breakfast, use of a king sized room, one basic treatment and champagne afternoon tea. (For a small additional cost you could upgrade treatment which I highly recommend!)
Firstly the hotel itself is beautiful, very clean, the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and make you feel very welcome.

The buffet breakfast was nice, there was plenty of choice and it was always restocked. My only slight criticism was upon requesting more pastries they were swiftly bought out but still slightly frozen.
The afternoon tea was delicious, generous portion and everything was made beautifully.

The room
It was smaller then I expected and I certainly would not pay the full rate for the night (£180) but whilst planning the break I dealt with an incredibly helpful member of staff (Megan - she's amazing) who booked three of the party in for an overnight stay at a reduced rate which included breakfast the next day, fantastic! The room had a small veranda which on a hot sunny day was very nice. The hotel had originally planned to serve us afternoon tea in the room but there was 8 people in my party and none of us wanted to eat in the room so the hotel swiftly accommodated us in the restaurant with no issues. Lovely big bed with a pull out camp bed for additional room. One thing I would say is the camp bed could possibly be the most uncomfortable bed ever created. Be warned!

Spa treatments
The spa itself is small but perfectly equipped. The staff are knowledgable and friendly and the
treatment was heavenly. I felt like I
floated back to the room.

All in all we all l

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had the afternoon tea again and as always it was a real treat! The welcome, atmosphere, view, location, surroundings, and service all enhance further the experience created by the amazingly presented and perfectly made dejection of sandwiches, pastries and cakes. I'd love to see the Afternoon Tea served on the sun terrace in the summer - that said it was still a fantastic visit and my friend is now a loyal regular after her first visit.

• Stayed August 2013
essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Starting with the Owner Nicky what an amazing Guy, this place is his little Baby too. He cares for it with a passion and often asks how is everything if you have any issues he just sweeps around with his fairy dust and a smile, nothing is too much trouble.... I have never known anything like it in all my years of travelling to the best places in the world..
Then of course it filters down to the management Team Jackie Harris is fabulous not adverse to rolling up her sleeves in the kitchen to help out, she made the best fried potatoes for breakfast just like mamma used to make.
We ended up staying 2 more Nights as did another Lady who we met who booked for 3 nights and ended up staying 10 with her children.
The Staff to name but a few George Colette Zed,lea Corina and the man behind the Bar with the glasses?
Megan who runs the Elemis Spa is Great she recommended a Facial with collagen which revitalised me after a long Lunch was Incredible.
Going to book a spa Day/Night as soon as my daughter is Free?? cannot wait!!
Thank you Roslin Beach feel Great for it..
See you all Soon xx

Room Tip: I can,t tell all my Secrets now. All Rooms with a view of the Sea
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
northampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, rooms are lovely & a good size very clean & amazingly doggy friendly. We stayed over a bank holiday weekend, you hear the usual hotel noise, people moving about & going to the toilet, showering etc.. doesn't matter how good the hotel is you always get woken by something. As in every hotel I have ever stayed in the room was roasting, an amazing fan was in the room, but too noisy to have on at night & couldn't have windows open at night due to some road noise (light sleeper) & curtain thickness, which was a bonus on keeping the light out, with additional blind (you loose some you win some ;-) ) We were right on the front, sea view, we had a patio area which we used, another room does have access to it.. The breakfast area is lovely & if you get the sea view tables that is a great bonus, very relaxing. Breakfast was lovely, help yourself to cooked breakfast, fruit, pastries etc, all lovely. It did depend on who if anyone seated you to the service you received, some people were lucky & got asked if you wanted toast, tea, anything cooked to order, or not so lucky & kept having to asking for things. They did like you to have your money's worth by jokingly telling everyone that they couldn't leave till you had had all 3 courses, which was nice.The manager at breakfast was very attentive & chatty. Evening meal again was very good, all meats are from there own farm, in another part of the country (escapes me now where). The waiters were very attentive, our main server rushing to pour our wine when he saw my partner going for the bottle (drunk a little to much wine & forgot to tip, sorry, but then again I work hard & no one tips me, sob sob) we did have several people serving us, which surpised me. I did how have to send my meal back as it was cold & the chef did REFUSE to send my daughters meal out with mushy peas instead of normal peas, I know he probably has his standards but all he had to do was a dish of mushy peas, then not ruining the look of his dish. We had to ask for our side order of veg twice, so dinner did not go with out a hitch (we were also told we were in the posh bit for dinner, not the crazy bit!!! but then found ourselves in the crazy bit, didn't seem so crazy ( what ever he meant by crazy, not sure) On the whole we had a lovely stay, service on the whole was very good & we would return, not a cheap stay but a nice treat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Roslin Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!