“Delux Motel” 4 of 5 stars

4217 Missouri Ave, East Saint Louis, IL 62207-2745   |
Portland, Oregon
“Delux Motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The actual name is Delux Motel. It's in a very quiet part Of town, only 15 mins at most from St. Louis and attractions. It is right off the highway, and you turn into a gravel driveway. It's not in a bad part of town, just dark and quiet. Walmart and fast food is nearby just ten mins for convince. I paid 40.56 totalfor a king sized bed, very clean big bathroom, ac and cable r! Can't best the price, they even brought my special request to.my door right after a pleasant check in!

• Stayed July 2014

Families
Solo
Business
Chippenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

So my friend & I were road tripping across the USA and he booked this motel as a stopover point for the night. I usually look at tripadvisor reviews before booking but he didn't... And only now I realise that's because there are no reviews!

The motel is situated just off the highway, but surprisingly you cannot hear the cars on the road. The drive into the motel didn't fill us with much reassurance - the road was battered, and the outside of the motel looked a bit rough. We even considered turning around in the car park and finding somewhere else, but decided to stick with it.

We walked into the office and it was empty. We pressed the bell and waited, then a man turned up. He was really friendly, asked us if we like cricket (being British we probably should I guess!) and checked us in. Even though the staff were friendly, I was dreading seeing the room...

But alas, it was great! It was actually one of the better motel rooms we've stayed at. The bed was massive, we had a sofa, two desks, big bathroom... And for some reason two TVs! We only used the one, and there was an abundance of channels to choose from.

The location of the motel was decent too - about 5 minutes away from a centre with food&shopping (I recommend Buffalo Wild Wings!), and then about 20 mins away from downtown St Louis & the arch.

One thing I will say is that the area does seem a bit rough - on our return to the motel at night, there were two guys meeting each other just on the street outside the motel. Suspicious, because there are no houses here whatsoever. But we had no trouble!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Deluxe Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Deluxe Inn

Address: 4217 Missouri Ave, East Saint Louis, IL 62207-2745
Location: United States > Illinois > East Saint Louis
Ranked #1 of 2 Specialty Lodging in East Saint Louis
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Deluxe Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Deluxe Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.