“dissapointed” 1 of 5 stars

Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 South Front Street, East Saint Louis, IL 62201   |
“dissapointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2005

My husband and I have been coming to the casino for several years. Recently we bought a motorcycle and on september 17, 2005 we were there with my daughter and son-n-law. we had spent quiet a lot of money and they gave us a deli, when we got ready to leave we picked up our deli and were told we could not have a bag to carry them in. We were told to ask for a garbage bag and we were told by the janitor he could not give us one. I am totally dissapointed with the casino, we live within 6 miles of the casino and enjoy coming but probably won't be back. HOW do you ride a harley and carry two deli's. What was the problem with having 2 bags.

Stayed September 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2005

At first I was very reluctant to book a room at the Casino Queen. But after reading the reviews on here I thought I would give it a try. It started out bumpy but ended up being a wonderful weekend.

We booked the room on hotels on the Thursday before our stay. I called the hotel on the Friday to make sure they had the reservation. The women on the line was very rude and told me that we had to book 48 hours in advance or we would not receive a room upon arrival. This was so confusing. I asked her to explain to me how we could book the room online and pay for it in advance, but not have the reservation available. She said “you wouldn’t understand” I asked her again to please explain this. She said “I can’t handle your attitude.” Then I was placed on hold until the front desk picked up. If the women on the line at the front wasn’t overly pleasant and apologetic, I would have canceled the reservation.

We arrived Saturday night. Check in was perfect and fast. Our room was ready when we arrived and was exactly what we booked. We were given a quick verbal tour of the Hotel and it’s amenities. Our room was excellent. Very clean, spacious, and modern. This was completely unexpected. The continental breakfast included with the room was a nice perk.
The Casino attached to the hotel was a nice Casino. Not up to Ameristar or Harrah’s standards, but much nicer than the President across the river. The Casino offers $1 drinks (well and draft beer), a non-smoking gaming area, lots of tables, and tons of slots.

Despite the incident on the phone with the reservation, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2004

We went to Saint Louis July 12-15. My husband and two kids. The staff was really friendlyand helpful. The restaurant was exellent. We all had a great stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2004

Best Hotel we stayed at during our week long trip to St. Louis. All toiletries were by the Neutrogena Company and they were generous with the soaps! The towels were big and thick like you would buy for your home! Quite a change from other hotels! Food was very reasonable, breakfast was complimentary. Room service meals were great! Our rooms looked out over the Arch and security was a priority. Refrigerator in every room. The new Metro Link was accessible from the parking lot. A quick trip to the Arch, Busch Stadium, Lacledes Landing and more (even the airport) via the Metro. Skip the pool. It was small and indoors, but the exercise room was nice. Definately walk a short indoor ramp to the Casino Boat. With two for one dinner coupons, free non-alcoholic drinks and $1 alcoholic drinks, it's a fun night out. Even if you don't win the jackpot it's entertaining and a short walk back to your room.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2004

From the first moment you walk into the hotel lobby, you realize what a really great place this is to stay. The hotel was super clean, comfortable and easy to get around in. The front desk staff were so very friendly and helpful as were the house-keeping staff. A really nice complimentary breakfast was available each morning. If and when we go back to this area, we will certainly be staying with this hotel again..

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2003

Very friendly people, curteous service, very clean rooms, seperate no smoking floors. Unfortunately very hard to find on the Internet. No mention of it in the St.Louis web-pages. People don't know what they are missing!

Been to Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park

Address: 200 South Front Street, East Saint Louis, IL 62201
Location: United States > Illinois > East Saint Louis
Bar / Lounge Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in East Saint Louis
Hotel Class:3 star — Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Casino Queen Hotel East Saint Louis

If you own or manage Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.