“Much better than two years ago!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in East Peoria
Chicago, Illinois
“Much better than two years ago!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Had a great stay at East Peoria Super 8! Check-in girl was friendly and helpful. I requested a quiet room away from the elevators and ice machine. Great location near Water park, casino, restaurants on the East Peoria riverfront, and downtown Peoria. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chicago area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

I had to stay in Peoria for an event and needed an affordable hotel. This one had pretty good reviews, so I went ahead and booked a room. What a pleasant surprise! Super-clean room, nice (and clean) microwave and refrigerator in the room, almost no noise from traffic despite being right off an exit ramp. Great cable stations, and a super breakfast! I would definitely recommend this hotel to others who are less interested in a fancy name and more interested in value.

• Stayed April 2010
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

I thought, given that I was a bit overwhelmed sifting through incomplete reviews of hotels when booking, I owed it to fellow travelers to contribute. I had an overall pleasant experience. Very close to Interstate 74. All internal corridors made a more secure stay, which is important for a single traveler. Staff was very helpful and friendly at both ends of my trip before/after Christmas. Free internet was a plus and worked without a hitch first night. Returning it had glitches (even with tech support) which hindered my checking changing weather patterns and travel departure planning, but staff did what they could for me, even though the lobby computer's browser was also down. Rooms were clean and (mostly) quiet. It's not the fault of the staff, but construction of the building was obviously thin-walled, as one night I could hear every vocalization and snore the man on the opposite side of my bed wall made (a little creepy, but I put on my earphones and got enough sleep to get by). I saw folks with kids, and pets, on both nights of my stay. Yet, I didn't hear either, which means they were all quiet, on different floors, or perhaps some dividers had better sound-proofing. As a pet person, I appreciated that this is a pet-friendly establishment, and (despite having to take smoking rooms reportedly) would consider it for cross-country trips with my own companions. In-room fridges with ice compartments were a big plus for someone who always (even on day trips!) travels with food and ice packs. I only took advantage of the free cable one night, but everything seemed in order. Parking was well lit, ample, and convenient to the entrance. Continental breakfast would be adequate for most travelers with average dietary needs. I took advantage of the ready hot water for my own tea, and the toaster for my own bread products, and these were available at all hours. I didn't avail myself of the laundry facilities, and forgot to ask whether they were free (I thought I saw coin slots) but they were centrally located on the main floor. Elevator assisted with loading/unloading comfortably. Rooms were almost spotless (an occasional oversight here or there but nothing gross). Beds could have been firmer but sufficed. I appreciated the couchette with coffee table or alternately the easy recliner chair with table/lamp provided in the single rooms I had. One thing I'd never seen were the free key-lock small safes in every room. I did try them out for my laptop and wallet when out of the room during my stay. I'd stay there again, as it's close to halfway between my home and relatives'. If Amtrak (or a decent accomodating bus service) ran between our homes, I'd skip the hotel deal altogether. But seeing as it's the U.S., hotels it is. This one was better than ok.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
St Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

The room was clean and overall we were pleased with the experience. This was our first experience to travel with our dog and it went well. The staff were all very nice. This is a nice clean, pet friendly motel for those on a budget.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

All in all, this hotel is alright. It was terribly hard to find because it's just off of a one-way street. The rooms are pretty normal. They're big but lack normal closing closets. The desk in the room was a good size. One big plus was that there was juice and coffee available even at night downstairs.

I don't really expect a huge amount out of a Super 8 besides a comfortable bed, a clean room, and a simple check-in experience.

The best thing about the hotel had to be that I thought I'd locked my keys in the car, and one of the men who worked there helped us for an hour in the snow to try to get the car open. The keys ended up being packed into the bottom of one of our bags (how the HECK did that happen?!), but he was very nice to us. He even let me borrow his coat because we'd come from St. Louis and didn't realize that there would be a freaking snow storm in Peoria (it was about 60 in St. Louis when we left).

The worst thing was that it seemed the entire family of the front desk clerk seemed to be hanging out in the hallway, which was a little unnerving when you walked past. Also, the woman at the desk allowed another guest to haggle price right in front of us, which bothered me because she got a lower price than we did. Oh, well.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

we were in town for a funeral they offered a discounted rate and printed us directions to were we needed to go,everyone from the manager to the housekeepers were freindly and always greeted you with a kind good morning or hello. rooms very clean over all great service

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Peoria IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

This is the 3rd year in a row that my husband and I have stayed here for my birthday getaway.
Even though the hotel resides next to the Interstate, the rooms are incredibly quiet. We even slept right through a severe storm.
The rooms are clean, fresh, and spacious with a desk, dresser, fridge, micro, coffee maker, iron/ironing board, hair dryer and color TV with free HBO. They also have free wi-fi.
This is a pet friendly hotel, but there are no foul odors to be smelled.
They have a washer and dryer.
They do not have a pool but they do rent a key to go to a local activities center that's re-imbursed when the key is returned. (that was as of 2008, I'm not sure if that is still in force)
The free continental breakfast is nice with long hours, 6am-10am. The only thing that would make it better is if it had the waffle maker like the Peoria Super8 has.
They now also offer sandwiches for sale when the breakfast room is closed.
The staff has ALWAYS been friendly and most helpful with any of our needs.
We WILL be staying again whenver we want a mini vacation, for we live right across the river.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Peoria/East? Share your experiences!