“It's a Hampton... with Great Customer Service!” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Double Points
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in East Peoria
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, IL
“It's a Hampton... with Great Customer Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

To be honest, I vacillated between a 3 and 4 rating, but finally decided on a 4 for a couple of reasons: one is that I need to keep in mind that I cannot compare a Hampton to a main-line Hilton or Marriott and, as far as Hampton Inns go, it's acceptable (see below). Secondly, and primarily, the customer service is outstanding, almost to a fault! There was never a time that I wasn't greeted warmly, welcomed back, wished a good trip, or asked if everything was to my liking; they take their 100% Customer Satisfaction commitment seriously here, far more seriously than any other Hampton I've visited. They even baked more chocolate chip cookies for me one night when the previous batch had all been eaten!

When you find the building (you have to wind your way around the casino complex being careful not to hit the Senior Citizens who are streaming between the casino and the casino hotel), expect to find a your typical Hampton Inn from a style and structure perspective. As soon as you step into the lobby, you'll be warmly greeted by the friendly Front Desk staff, though you'll notice that the interior public spaces are a bit "worn." I have to say worn as I really can't put my finger on how I felt about it; suffice it to say, whether the carpets are dirty or whether, perhaps, it's just the choices of colours they used, I was quite underwhelmed and didn't have high hopes for the rest of my stay. Thankfully, that changed when I entered my room.

The rooms - or, mine, at least! - are very nicely appointed and have wood cabinets built into the far wall which make up the closet, a work space, and even some nice mood lighting. The bed was very comfortable and I slept like a log every night I was there. Wireless internet performed adequately, and there are plenty of lights in the room once the sun goes down. The bathroom was well lit, bright, and clean, though I have to say that the material used on the walls of the shower has these streaks in it which make it look as though it has been marred; in reality, though, it's just part of the material. Overall, the room was great and I was genuinely pleased with the accommodations.

In the mornings, you'll find your typical Hampton Inn breakfast complete with everything that you'd need to make either healthy or, shall we say, rather less-than-healthy choices, but everything is warm or cold as it should be, the whole area is clean, and the staff is fabulous! Pearl made me feel like the only reason she was there was to make my breakfast and to see to it that I had everything I needed to get my day started off on the right foot.

In all, though it stumbled a bit at the start, this Hampton finished strongly due, in no small part, to the people who work there and make it what it is. If I'm ever back in the Peoria area, I'd have no reservations about staying at this Hampton again.

Room Tip: I was in a room at the end of the hallway closest to the highway and away from the water. The traffi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

From the outside it looks like any other budget hotel however as soon as you walk in the door you find a very pleasant difference. The customer service as soon as you walk in was excelent. The front desk was helpful with suggestions in the area and directions. They seemed to really connect with there clients. The best part of the hotel was the rooms itself. They are large spacious and modern. Our room was directly over the front door on the second floor but couldnt hear any outside noise. The decor is a lot better then I have seen in many hotels that cost twice as much. Great for visit to University, business or casino visit. I was very impressed.

Room Tip: Pick this one and you will not be disapointed
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DMV area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This hotel is nice. But what really stood out for me is the level of customer service from the employees. One morning my key card malfunctioned, I had a meeting to get to so I could not hang around until the matter was resolved. Later that evening when I returned to my room, hotel staff had placed a hand written card on the night stand apologizing for the inconvenience. I really appreciated the gesture.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Chicago Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed here before they renovated, and it was worth going back. Finally , a hotel had a decorator who added nice touches. The bedside lamps swivel for reading (enough light!), free internet is now wireless, blackout roman shade, room was very clean, staff was very friendly and helpful. I saw many men with large breakfasts (prepared omelets, turkey sausage, waffles, etc.) but I just eat the fruit (melon, apples, bananas). Comcast digital tv (swivels) with the channels I watch. Very comfortable bed. Enough light in the bathroom to put on makeup. USA Today in lobby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Burbs of Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for Peoria softball Tournament for 2 nights. This hotel is located in the Parking lot of the Par a dice casino right on the river. Hotel worked with group for nice rates. Room is comfortable but tightly packed with furniture. Bathroom was very nice and modern. Staff was very accommodating to meeting the needs of my diabetic daughter. Breakfast buffet was quite good with many choices. Much better than the HIE chains in food choices and quality. My one complaint would have to be the peeling wallpaper on the wall near the bottom of the tub. Not much within walking distance so have to drive to restaurants and stores.
Would stay again and will look for Hamptons as choice when traveling in future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mills River, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed only one night, sprung for the hospitality suite. It is a nice big room with couches and chairs, two televisions, bar, frig, microwave, two AC units and king bed. Unfortunately it had a stale cigarette smell and was in need of a make-over. However, it was clean and comfortable and we were okay with everything. The location is near the river and between two casinos. There are numerous restaurants in the area but you'll have to drive unless you want to eat at Boyd's which is a very overpriced steakhouse in the Casino. It's a good hotel and my only problem was the cigarette smell in our room, which was a non smoking room on a non smoking floor.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Godfrey, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

The reason for my average review is due to housekeeping. When I returned to my room after a long day of business my room had not been touched. I had to call the front desk for clean towels & to have my trash taken out. Ryan was excellent at taking care of things where housekeeping failed. Thank you Ryan!

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Peoria-East At The River Boat Crossing, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay at our Hampton Inn East Peoria, IL. I understand you were unhappy with the lack of housekeeping services and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride to make sure our guests are comfortable and satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Peoria area that you will consider staying with us again.

Been to Hampton Inn Peoria-East At The River Boat Crossing? Share your experiences!