“In line with most Embassy Suites” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Conference Center Dr, East Peoria, IL 61611   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free WiFi Special
Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in East Peoria
Crawfordsville, Indiana
“In line with most Embassy Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The first plus about our stay was a desk attendant greeting us as we entered with our luggage. She had some bottles of water, popcorn, and candy bars for us (since we are gold members). She was SO friendly to us, and especially to our daughter. I believe her name was...Veronica?

Before each hotel stay, my husband and I thoroughly check under and around the bed for signs of bedbugs. We have seen things we wish we could un-see in some places, so we never quite know what to expect. In this hotel, we pulled back the bedding and lifted the mattress....and it was CLEAN under and behind the bed! I don't know if we have EVER seen that! I called the front desk immediately to complement them!

Next, we always go over the surfaces with disinfecting wipes, just for our peace of mind. We often end up with lots of dirt on our cloths. But in this hotel, we ended up with fairly white cloths. Another indication of the cleanliness of the place!

The breakfast offerings were exceptional and well presented.

The ONLY reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because we set the thermostat to our usual mid-60s for the night, and it never did get cool enough. We were sweltering. When we left the room in the morning, there was a 10-15 degree difference when we opened the door to the atrium.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lisa_Davis_AGM, Manager at Embassy Suites East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
We are very pleased that we have met your expectations and Thank You for a very good review! I would like to forward your concern of the thermostat onto my Chief Engineer and was wondering if you would email me directly with more information so that I may take care of this? Thanks again and we look forward to your future stay!

356 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because my partner needed miles to maintain his Delta Medallion status. Hilton and Delta had a promotion, that any 2 night stay would earn 250 Medallion Qualifying Miles. He needed 125. It was an excuse to stay in our local hotel. And finally experience why our friends who come to Peoria for business, only want to stay at this hotel. This Embassy Suites is Peoria's best hotel!
Check in was a breeze. Our suite was on the top floor, corner unit. Embassy Suites are truly all suite hotels. Our suite was one of the larger that I have been assigned at the Embassy chain. This hotel is about 5 years old and one wouldn't know that unless they researched for the date. The hotel is well maintained and an awarding property in the Hilton chain. Our suite seemed almost new. This hotel's suites are very well designed. They have great layouts and really nice, large bathrooms. Carpets and furniture looked great. Bathtub had a chip in it, that can easily be fixed, but overall the bathroom was very clean and nice. And this hotel does not seem to run out of hot water.
The manager's reception really is a happy hour. Some nice little munchies and most alcoholic beverages. No elaborate mixed drinks, but still a nice spread. We did have dinner in the restaurant. Menu isn't large. We had some soup, a club sandwich and a burger. All tasted good and the server was friendly and efficient. The buffet breakfast was very good. Numerous items and custom cooked eggs. Having stayed at numerous Embassy Suites, this one has the largest and nicest buffet breakfast. It was almost as elaborate as some cruise ship buffets. If you walk away hungry, it is by your choice.
The hotel has indoor pool and jacuzzi. Which is nice in December. They also have a coffee bar/snack/sundries shop.
This hotel is probably rated as 4* facility, but I would say it is 4* plus, because of all the extras that Embassy Suites include. We had no issues during our stay and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view suite.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wow! I could never say Thank you enough! You have put a smile on many associate's faces as they read your GREAT review! We look forward to your return stay with us! Check out our 4th of July Package. A lot of our local guests love it!
Lake Zurich, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have never been to Peoria before and were going there the weekend after Thanksgiving to meet up with some friends. The Embassy Suites in East Peoria was an exceptional hotel. Clean, modern, wonderful staff and one of the best Embassy Suites we have ever stayed in.
You will not be disappointed at this hotel. My husband and I were celebrating our 38th wedding anniversary and wow, did everyone make it special. From Kevin at the front desk, to Kelly in the lounge and Clinton the van driver. The rooms are well kept and clean. We were upgraded and it really made our anniversary special. When in East Peoria this is the place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful response that we have shared with all of our staff! We hope to see you for your next anniversary celebrating #39!
Wiesbaden, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We have enjoyed numerous stays at this facility and average over 60 hotel stays across the nation each year. In nearly every case, the East Peoria ES provided superior quality and service nearly unmatched by any other hotel we've experienced. However, our 11/22/2012 - 11/24/2012 stay in Room 401 disappointed us---not during the stay, but five days later when we followed up on with our hilton.com folio.

Each room apparently has two bottles of water, reasonably marked at $3.00 each. In room 401, there was a bottle on the "kitchen counter" and we noticed another in the mini-fridge--a bottle that was surprisingly frozen and obviously not something we wanted to use. So, we left it as it was and didn't think about it again. Clearly it should have been reported to the housekeeping department's senior leadership to launch an immediate investigation, but I digress.

Five days later while reviewing that stay's folio on the web site, I noticed I had been charged $3.00 for "BOTTLED WATER" and an associated $.24 "MISC-STATE TAX."

Really? Seriously?

My expectation is that during the room contents validation process after our checkout, the completely unusable bottle of water in the mini-fridge was overlooked and an invalid assumption was made that the item was consumed or removed, thus justifying the charge. For such a prestigious location that has never let us down, this is a disappointment. $3.24 is completely trivial and insignificant to me---I bring it up to question where else the facility might be lacking in its attention to detail or hand-waving assumptions. Housekeeping? Food service? Security?

Final note, the facility remains great--even during the Thanksgiving Day/Evening/Black Friday period where there were surely minimal staffing efforts. However, having checked-out on the Saturday, I can assume there were no Thanksgiving-related staffing shortfalls.

To the East Peoria ES management that might read this, please accept my generous donation of $3.24 and contribute it to a thirsty housekeeper fund. I posit the "missing" bottle remains in the mini-fridge in Room 401. Enjoy, once the climate control is repaired and the frozen bottle has thawed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I apologize for the unfortunate mistake that was made on your room and the overcharge for a water never consumed. I can assure you that this is very distressing to hear that we failed you in that area. I have removed the charge from your card and would like to assure you that we are not happy with this error made on your billing. I appreciate you letting us know of this so that we could correct it accordingly.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Spent one night on a business trip (11/29-11/30). Arrived late (10:30pm) and was checked-in and in my room within 5 mins. The hotel is really close to the airport. Very clean and pleasant. The room was decent. Had a great view of the river. All of the rooms are situated around the atrium (front doors all overlook atrium). Ti was nice and quiet. The bed was very comfortable. TV remote control did not work well. Shower was great and had good water pressure. The best part of the stay was the complimentary breakfast. It wasn't just a continental, but a full on spread. It included an omelette station among other things. Great way to start off the day. Would return here if I had to return to Peoria.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your time and allowing us the opportunity to hear your concerns and utilize your response as a training tool. Since your stay, we have taken some extra steps to ensure that proper training of the areas of concern were addressed.

I hope that you and your family will come back to the Embassy Suites to give us another try as we look forward to servicing you again.
Macomb, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

First ao all the hotel is very nice and fairly brand new still. The cleaning ladies are horrible, inside of shower is not clean, plus the inside of curtain was very dirty they must clean them or wash them daily from scum. The most important is the older breakfast guy with the long hair, he is terribly bad deal, you can tell as soon as you talk to him that he is something scary. In bad mood always, since we all go there and we see him there most of time during breakfast. They should fire him and replace him with some other ones who may treat ppl. very nicely.

Room Tip: room on west are good
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Checked into room on 6th floor after a long day of travel. Very dissapointed to find highway noise behind master bedroom and dirty bathroom & bed linens. Hotel staff moved me two more times each room still had dirty bed linens with hair. Checked out after the third dirty room. Three strikes and your out in my book. The hotel front desk wasnt too concerned with my needing to change rooms and sent the bellman with new keys each time. This hotel does alot of conference business and obviously overlooks cleanliness.

Wouldn't recomend staying here for any other travelers.

Room Tip: Stay away from the highway side of the hotel. Check beds and bathroom for cleanliness and hair.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lisa_Davis_AGM, Manager at Embassy Suites East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I understand the condition of our guest rooms were of concern. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Been to Embassy Suites East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center? Share your experiences!