“Outstanding hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center
Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in East Peoria
Lake Zurich, IL
“Outstanding hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have never been to Peoria before and were going there the weekend after Thanksgiving to meet up with some friends. The Embassy Suites in East Peoria was an exceptional hotel. Clean, modern, wonderful staff and one of the best Embassy Suites we have ever stayed in.
You will not be disappointed at this hotel. My husband and I were celebrating our 38th wedding anniversary and wow, did everyone make it special. From Kevin at the front desk, to Kelly in the lounge and Clinton the van driver. The rooms are well kept and clean. We were upgraded and it really made our anniversary special. When in East Peoria this is the place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lisa_Davis_AGM, Manager at Embassy Suites East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful response that we have shared with all of our staff! We hope to see you for your next anniversary celebrating #39!

353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Wiesbaden, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We have enjoyed numerous stays at this facility and average over 60 hotel stays across the nation each year. In nearly every case, the East Peoria ES provided superior quality and service nearly unmatched by any other hotel we've experienced. However, our 11/22/2012 - 11/24/2012 stay in Room 401 disappointed us---not during the stay, but five days later when we followed up on with our hilton.com folio.

Each room apparently has two bottles of water, reasonably marked at $3.00 each. In room 401, there was a bottle on the "kitchen counter" and we noticed another in the mini-fridge--a bottle that was surprisingly frozen and obviously not something we wanted to use. So, we left it as it was and didn't think about it again. Clearly it should have been reported to the housekeeping department's senior leadership to launch an immediate investigation, but I digress.

Five days later while reviewing that stay's folio on the web site, I noticed I had been charged $3.00 for "BOTTLED WATER" and an associated $.24 "MISC-STATE TAX."

Really? Seriously?

My expectation is that during the room contents validation process after our checkout, the completely unusable bottle of water in the mini-fridge was overlooked and an invalid assumption was made that the item was consumed or removed, thus justifying the charge. For such a prestigious location that has never let us down, this is a disappointment. $3.24 is completely trivial and insignificant to me---I bring it up to question where else the facility might be lacking in its attention to detail or hand-waving assumptions. Housekeeping? Food service? Security?

Final note, the facility remains great--even during the Thanksgiving Day/Evening/Black Friday period where there were surely minimal staffing efforts. However, having checked-out on the Saturday, I can assume there were no Thanksgiving-related staffing shortfalls.

To the East Peoria ES management that might read this, please accept my generous donation of $3.24 and contribute it to a thirsty housekeeper fund. I posit the "missing" bottle remains in the mini-fridge in Room 401. Enjoy, once the climate control is repaired and the frozen bottle has thawed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I apologize for the unfortunate mistake that was made on your room and the overcharge for a water never consumed. I can assure you that this is very distressing to hear that we failed you in that area. I have removed the charge from your card and would like to assure you that we are not happy with this error made on your billing. I appreciate you letting us know of this so that we could correct it accordingly.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Spent one night on a business trip (11/29-11/30). Arrived late (10:30pm) and was checked-in and in my room within 5 mins. The hotel is really close to the airport. Very clean and pleasant. The room was decent. Had a great view of the river. All of the rooms are situated around the atrium (front doors all overlook atrium). Ti was nice and quiet. The bed was very comfortable. TV remote control did not work well. Shower was great and had good water pressure. The best part of the stay was the complimentary breakfast. It wasn't just a continental, but a full on spread. It included an omelette station among other things. Great way to start off the day. Would return here if I had to return to Peoria.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your time and allowing us the opportunity to hear your concerns and utilize your response as a training tool. Since your stay, we have taken some extra steps to ensure that proper training of the areas of concern were addressed.

I hope that you and your family will come back to the Embassy Suites to give us another try as we look forward to servicing you again.
Macomb, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

First ao all the hotel is very nice and fairly brand new still. The cleaning ladies are horrible, inside of shower is not clean, plus the inside of curtain was very dirty they must clean them or wash them daily from scum. The most important is the older breakfast guy with the long hair, he is terribly bad deal, you can tell as soon as you talk to him that he is something scary. In bad mood always, since we all go there and we see him there most of time during breakfast. They should fire him and replace him with some other ones who may treat ppl. very nicely.

Room Tip: room on west are good
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Checked into room on 6th floor after a long day of travel. Very dissapointed to find highway noise behind master bedroom and dirty bathroom & bed linens. Hotel staff moved me two more times each room still had dirty bed linens with hair. Checked out after the third dirty room. Three strikes and your out in my book. The hotel front desk wasnt too concerned with my needing to change rooms and sent the bellman with new keys each time. This hotel does alot of conference business and obviously overlooks cleanliness.

Wouldn't recomend staying here for any other travelers.

Room Tip: Stay away from the highway side of the hotel. Check beds and bathroom for cleanliness and hair.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lisa_Davis_AGM, Manager at Embassy Suites East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I understand the condition of our guest rooms were of concern. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel over a year ago and thought it was great. It was even better this time. Front desk was very helpful, room was very clean, and breakfast was even better than my last stay. Overall a great weekend stay.

Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is yet another great Embassy Suites.I have stayed here once myself and found the rooms to be clean, nice, and spacious, and the breakfast to be superb. I have also held several conferences here for work and have found the staff to be great in helping to set up the event, and the rooms to be perfect for our needs. The location for the hotel is good also, and I would highly recommend the hotel for work or personal travel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center? Share your experiences!