We were greeted warmly upon entering the hotel lobby and assured that everything we requested was attended to for our overnight stay at the Embassy Suites East Peoria, Il property.
Celebrating our quadriplegic son's birthday with a quick trip from the Chicago area to see "Wicked" on tour at the Peoria Civic Center and also found a concert to attend the same weekend at the Peoria Civic Center Arena. Embassy Suites is located a quick 5 minute drive across the bridge. SO EASY to navigate around the Peoria area from ES (Embassy Suites)!
Embassy Suites made every accommodation we required traveling with a special needs family member. Communication prior to our arrival made it easy for medical equipment to be delivered and ready in our room upon arrival. ES staffers even had their maintenance crew raise the bed in the ADA compliant room to enable use of equipment during our stay, so when I say ES staff made every accommodation, I really, really mean it!
We had pre-ordered room service beverages, cheese & fruit assortment and sandwiches for our arrival. Everything was in our suite upon arrival and beautifully arranged and very tasty! I particularly enjoyed the cheese assortment with chutney on crackers. My son and husband preferred the steak and blue cheese salad and the panini w/fresh mozz & basil.
Before heading out to our evening concert, we enjoyed a glass of wine and snacks at the ES managers evening reception. I really wasn't expecting much in a house wine and was pleasantly surprised at the nice smooth cabernet sauvignon that was served!
An impressive breakfast is served in the atrium every morning. ES serves a wide selection of breakfast choices. Made to order omelettes, fresh made waffles and pancakes are available at the chefs station. The buffet offered fresh cut melons, pineapple, apples, oranges, bananas, yogurt, granola, bacon, sausage, fried potatos, biscuits n gravy, dry cereal assortment, oatmeal and more.
The suites are spacious and clean! A mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, wet sink are provided in the sitting area with a desk & extra chairs and LCD TV adjacent to the sofa sleeper and side chair. The bedroom area has an additional TV and desk work space.The toiletry amenities are Crabtree & Evelyn product.
Both rooms in the Executive Suite boasted a great river view across from Peoria city limits. We enjoyed the city lights reflecting off the river at night and during the day we watched local canoe-er's as well as recreational boaters and even a river barge.
The ADA room had river views from the sleeping area but not from the sitting/living room area. The floor space was planned well for wheelchair users and this suite had a roll in shower that gave plenty of clear access to transfer from chair to shower with assistance of a lift and health care attendant that we traveled with. Sorry! I didn't think to take pictures of the ADA shower area! Which could be useful to other wheelchair travelers.. whoops! my bad! next time I'll be more aware.
All in all, we're extremely pleased with the Embassy Suites location, service and accommodations. This will definitely be our choice of property when we return for any events in Peoria/East Peoria in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our East Peoria Hotel is perfectly situated on the Illinois Riverfront, located close to everything Peoria has to offer. The Embassy Suites East Peoria - Hotel & Riverfront Conference center has it all, including 50,000 sq/ft of conference space. We offer an eclectic dinner and lunch menu with our riverside outdoor patio at the Riverside Cafe, and flexible catering options for you next business or social event. Stay in one of our impressive two room suites, featuring a separate sleeping and living area with a host of value added amenities. All guests can join us for a delicious coked to order breakfast buffet and evening reception, complimentary. You can relax and unwind at our tropical swimming pool area, or stay fit in our fully equipped fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites East Peoria Hotel East Peoria
- East Peoria Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Peoria
- Peoria Embassy Suites