“Need new beds and some maintenance” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria

Save Saved
You added Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria to your Saves list
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Mariners Way, East Peoria, IL 61611   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in East Peoria
Seattle, Washington
“Need new beds and some maintenance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have stayed at Stoney Creek over the last 7 years, when I've visited East Peoria. The staff is friendly & the rooms clean. The breakfast is lacking, but okay. The bed wasn't very comfortable. We had a patio but afraid to use it due to the spiders. When we opened the door after we checked-in and got to our room (theme suite), there was a spider hanging over the opening (outside, at least). We killed it. The next night, another spider in same spot. There was a broken slat on window shutters. If you need dark room for sleep, this is not the place to get it. I have really bad allergies and I kept sneezing in the room. Perhaps mold? There was obvious water damage, ad the wallpaper was falling off the wall/buckling above the vanity and around a/c unit. The pool was clean (a problem in the past). The hot tub seemed more bubbly than 'jetty", but the dry sauna was nice. The housekeeper told my boyfriend ice machine on 2nd floor (we were on 3rd). The 2nd floor is the only floor WITHOUT an ice machine. ?
Would recommend this hotel, it just needs new mattresses and some maintenance and possibly mold removal. Don't stay if you have allergies.
Brittany at the front desk was more knowledgeable than the others I met, but all very friendly!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear LittleFeet, I’m very happy that you continue to recommend our property and have been a steady guest for the past 7 years. We, of course, hope our relationship will continue. We want you to know that we will take care of the broken slat and the paper around the vanity and air unit. I assure you there is no mold issue, as we regularly test for that. There is, without doubt, plenty of pollen in the air this time of year and being in close proximity to a beautiful river, we constantly strive to deal with insects when we can so our guests going outdoors don’t have to. Spiders, like at home, are hard workers and can rebuild rather quickly. I can only hope that the directions to a non-existent ice unit you were given was a misunderstanding. Because you have been with us so often, I’m sure you understand that these were not the usual circumstances and look forward to your next trip to East Peoria and a stay with us with no negative experiences. Thanks again for sharing.

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have stayed at multiple Stoney Creek Inns in the past and have always had a goog experience. I was very excited to find that there was one in Peoria for our quick visit to the city. We were only staying for one night and our stay was fine until the morning of our departure. I went into the bathroom and took off all my clothes to get in the shower. When I went to grab the shampoo, conditioner, and soap for my shower I could not find the tiny bottle of conditioner. My thoughts were just that housekeeping forgot to place it in our bathroom. I grabbed a towel as and called the front desk to see if I could send my husband down to pick me up a bottle. The lady at the front desk said they never put the conditioner in the bathrooms with the shampoo and we had to come to the front desk to get it. I was really confused by this. Why is all the conditioner held at the front desk? When my husband came back with it he said the front desk told him that people steal it, so they don't put it the bathrooms. How do you steal something you paid for when you book your room? These "people" aren't thieves, their customers! The shampoo and conditioner are a set!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jane H, My sincere apologies for your conditioner experience. Your husband was misinformed about the reason we don’t put conditioner in our rooms. The fact is that we were finding most people preferred bringing their own and there was just not much call for it. We treat it like combs and toothbrushes; you need it, we can provide it, free of course. We will re-educate our staff immediately and re-consider our decision to not provide the ‘pickle’ you anticipated in-room in the future. I agree that it certainly wouldn’t be stealing and I am at a loss as to why any memeber of our staff would ever think that as a reason. Again, please accept my apologies as well as my thanks to you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Stay here with a group 1-3 times per year for the last several years. Better service than other Peoria hotels that I have stayed at. Will continue to stay when in Peoria.
Close to bridge into Peoria. Very good breakfast.

Stayed September 2013
Mt. Prospect
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I've stayed here on several occasions, and have never been disappointed. Staff makes you welcome from time you step through the door.
Special thanks to Mike! You are terrific!!
Kristi was great, too. Gotta love the cuddly stuffies on the bed.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I travel to Peoria frequently for business and have found the Stoney Creek to be exceptional. It's just a couple of miles away from downtown so you get to avoid the traffic and congestion. The rooms are large and the beds are quite comfortable. It has such a rustic, fishing-lodge decor that makes you feel right at home. The staff are welcoming and gracious. There is a wonderful seafood restaurant right next door.....I believe the name is Jonah's. There is also a restaurant almost in the same parking lot as the hotel that is called The Galley. The hotel, of course, offers a decent breakfast with eggs, sausage, waffles, muffins, juice, yogurt, etc. The Stoney Creek offers a great value for the money.

Room Tip: I've stayed in rooms on each end of the hotel. They've all been comfortable. My only compl...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The room was has big as an condo. It was extremely clean. Everything was in it's place and fresh. Did not have hotel odor. Bed very comfortable. Would stay again. High five to housekeeping and staff.I did leave a note to Jennifer and Ashley; head of housekeeping

• Stayed September 2013
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Joannebl1, A high Five right back at you for both taking the time to post a review and for recognizing the pride our staff takes in providing a clean, safe and comfortable atmosphere. We will share your comments with them and our entire team looks forward to your next stay!
Urbana, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I Was there for 4 days of classes and the stay was good. Friendly desk clerks, nice room, quiet, and all in all a good stay. Breakfast was good. Making of the bed was a little lax but I got along with that okay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria? Share your experiences!