“great value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria

You added Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria to your Saves list
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Mariners Way, East Peoria, IL 61611   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in East Peoria
USA
“great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We've stayed here several times over the past few years and have always enjoyed our stay. We have two little boys under six years old. They are noisy by nature and we never feel as if we are disrupting anyone at the hotel. The hotel always seems to be busy but the staff are always attentive and friendly. The rooms are clean and up-to-date.

Room Tip: If you can splurge, the family suites are great!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We spent one night here, they had great decor just like a mountain lodge with some sea side pictures. They had a bar and lounge area. The place was clean and customer service was very good. The King room had a 40" LCD TV, desk & chair, refrigerator, sink and Lazy-boy. Down the hall was Ice, vending and laundry machines. The pool room was terrific with Hot tub, the actual swimming pool extended out side with a patio and lounge chairs, great for after dark relaxing. The Peoria river and boat docks were a short walk and there was also hiking trials in the woods. The breakfast had eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles and the usual fruit and dry breakfast. We enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is the third time I've stayed at the East Peoria Stoney Creek Inn. Each time my room has been just great and, most importantly, squeaky clean.

There's just something about this place. It's NOT the typical, cooky-cutter hotel ! it's always fun to stay here. There's an attention to detail that usually is only found in a B&B. It's sort of like an animated, North Woods cartoon but not in a cheap or trite way. Whimsicalyet sophisticated in its own Adirondack trendy way

I've only ever stayed at the East Peoria location along the Illinois River but there are a dozen or more of these places located in scenic areas of Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin and Missouri. Based on my experience here in Peoria I'd travel to all of these hotels.

Indoor pub has a limited menu but there are other eating establishments within moments of walking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
spring, tx, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I traveled with husband (his business trip) along with 6 year-old grandson to Peoria from Houston in June for a six night stay. This is a trip he has made many times and usually stays in the Hampton Inn down the street but no rooms were available. I have also stayed at the Hampton and was excited about getting to stay in this resort hotel . I really wanted to like it but I didn't.

The place is different, lots of wood and stuffed animals. Its all sort of dark and dated. Our room was small and has been stated had no closet. No fridge or microwave either. There was also a stuffed teddy bear on the bed that was available for purchase. I found that "kinda icky" for
lack of a better phrase, not knowing how long it had been in the room and assuming it had not been cleaned in any way. I would have put it away in the closet but there wasn't one, instead I had to put it on the small shelf in the room. Otherwise the room was OK but the other areas not so much. The entrance glass door had the same whole hand prints the entire stay and the hall carpet needed a sweeping. We were on the third floor and elevator and hallways were extremely warm.

Breakfast was OK and what you would expect but it starts later than most hotels. I think 6:30 or 7. Husband was at work by that time. No "grab and go" option for breakfast was available.

Pool was nice. It was both inside and outside which was different. I was there during the week days and the pool was not overly busy but it was apparent that most of the swimmers were guest of employees. They were all very well behaved and even shared toys with my grandson.

Hotel staff were fine but not what I would call friendly. I spent a lot of time in the hotel and was rarely greeted with a "good morning" and was not once asked by a single hotel employee "how I was enjoying my stay".

If you stay ask for a room in the back facing the river. My room was in the front and traffic noise was a problem. Its not far from a busy road and on two occasions a group of motorcycle riders not hotel guest pulled into parking lot and made a lot of noise waking me.

Also be aware that the hotel is often filled with large groups of softball teams on weekends. When I was there they were somewhat loud and full of energy Friday but settled down at a reasonable time. It can make for a crowded breakfast during the weekend

Room Tip: If you stay get a room in the back facing the river
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Pat H, We really wanted you to like it too and are very disappointed that we were not what you may have expected prior to arrival. Let me address a few of your observations, starting with our Buddies on Beds program. The various stuffed animals (they aren’t always teddy bears) that greet our guests upon arrival in their rooms are refreshed frequently, often adopted and taken home. A large portion of the proceeds from the sale of them are annually contributed to children’s charities in the Stoney Creek territories. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and friendliness and will certainly communicate with our staff regarding the public areas and lack of personal attention you described. The ‘dated’ look may have been your perspective if you were not expecting a ‘great outdoors, indoors,’ Northwoods theme prior to your arrival. The busyness created by softball teams and motorcycle groups was just the luck of the draw on the timing of your stay, and the vast majority of our rooms do have both a microwave and refrigerator. We certainly wish we could have made your stay more pleasant and thank you for sharing your constructive criticisms. Thanks as well for taking the time to submit a review.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We spent 3 nights here last week...could not have chosen a better place to stay in Peoria.
This place has real character, the staff are polite & knowledgeable about local dining, attractions etc.

The river & marina, as a backdrop, are a lovely way to start the day with a stroll, wildlife to see, and some great photo ops.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear travelnutVictoria, It is so nice to receive such kind words from a self-proclaimed ‘travel nut’ and I thank you for sharing your views. We always share reviews with our staff and are proud that you considered them fantatistic!
IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We went here because we've been to other Stoney Creek Inn's in Moline and Galina that we loved. We just wanted to get away for a couple days, and let the kids swim in the pool. All three days we were there, the pool was packed. So packed, it wasn't even fun for the kids. Everytime anyone left, they got in their car, in their swim suits, and drove away. We saw people pull in, and someone would go open a door, and in they came, in their suits. One large family was there all day, and was even quite rude towards our young kids that wanted to play, and sure enough, an employee stopped in to say hi to them, and later, they all went out the gate, got in three cars, and drove away. We emailed the manager, and they wouldn't respond.
The hotel is nice, but if you're going to enjoy the pool, go somewhere else. Unlike the other Stoney Creeks, this is a public pool for any friends of employees.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear N S, I am so sorry to read of your unsatisfactory experience. Your disappointment is understandable and what you have described is certainly unacceptable to us as well. In addition to my sincere apology to you and your family, rest assured that we are reviewing our pool monitoring and our employee families swim policies to insure no one else experiences what you did. Thank you for the positive remarks you included as well and we hope that you give us an opportunity in the future to prove that all of our Stoney Creek locations, including this one, strive for first rate experiences for all of our guests.
Sesame Street
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I travel to Peoria often for work. Unfortunately, I have no friends. But the staff at Stoney Creek Inn is friendly. Now when I come to Peoria I have friends. And I feel like Im at home. (How's that, Amber?)

Unlike other hotels, Stoney Creek Inn is decorated in such a way that does not make me feel like I'm at a hotel. This is ideal for me because I am in Peoria for months at a time working on projects at Caterpillar. Each room is decorated very creatively, especially if you stay at their themes suites.

Is this 200 characters?

Room Tip: Join their Northwoods travelers program. One free drink per day from the bar the moment you do!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear L&S, or TimmmmmmmBo, if you prefer. We strongly believe that having fun is contagious and based on the nice review you posted I would guess you may actually BE 200 characters. To be sure, you have more than 38 friends just at our hotel, including Amber, who all look forward to your continued stay here at home with us. Your new friend, Jack.

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria? Share your experiences!