“Good!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sandwiches
Peoria, Illinois
“Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I stopped for lunch. I had the #43: chipotle cheese steak. It was very good . They have a chipotle mayo on it that I liked. Next time I'll ask for extra meat and they were a little skimpy on the onions and green peppers. I love that the bread is really soft airy. My husband had #13: original Italian. He ordered the giant and it was huge. He thought too much oil but other that he liked it.

“Great people; ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Nice people behind the counter here. Fresh food and very clean. Better than subway but not my top sub shop pick. Good for a change of pace.

Chicago, Illinois
“Deeeeelicious subs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I am not usually crazy about subs, but the one I had a Jersey Mike's today was so good. I signed up for their email club a while ago but never went. Today I received a coupon and decided this was the day to try them. I arrived around 11:30 and there was aline but it moved along nicely. No wait, no hassle. I was a bit overwhelmed by the menu - it isn't huge, but there are a lot of choices. I decided on the Original Italian (#13) and got it Mike's Way (lettuce, tomato, onions, vinegar, oil, seasoning). It was a regular which was around 8 inches long. I got it to go since all of the tables were taken. The sandwich tasted very fresh. The cold cuts were great, the lettuce and tomato just right. The vinegar gave it a nice tang. After finishing my sandwich, I downloaded their app and will be part of their loyalty program. This will be the first of many visits to Jersey Mike's for me!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Peoria, Illinois
“Good Sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had the cheese steak sandwiches which were very good. Mine was supposed to be on wheat, but it was served on white, unfortunately we had take out. They were probably the best cheese steaks we have had. Mine had a bit too much cheese though. I know, how can it have too much cheese?? It was just too rich with all that cheese. Overall, it was good and we will be back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Peoria, Illinois
“Mouthwatering subs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Jersey Mike's just opened this week and we had some discount coupons so we went to check the out. I had no idea we were there on opening day! Luckily, we must have timed it right because there wasn't a wait just a shortage of tables. We got our food and we got a table. :) The menu is very simple to navigate with plenty of options. The staff was very friendly and did their best to make our visit a pleasant one. The owner and staff were making their way through the dining area to make sure everyone had what they needed. Even with the crowds they were keeping things (tables, floors, soda area and trash) maintained.

Now let's talk food because that is why we are here! We were so pleased with the sandwiches. The boys each got a plain turkey with provolone. Nice, fresh taste. Great bread that was crisp on the outside and soft inside. Hubby tried the number 9 cold cut club. He is a plain kinda guy too so he went with the plain turkey, roast beef, bacon on white. He did change the Swiss for provolone and he added banana peppers. It didn't sound good but it was great! The roast beef was just a beautiful pink in the center. I will be back just for that! I had a cheesesteak. I had to upgrade to the Big Kahuna so I could enjoy the mushrooms on it. Word of advice, unless you LOVE jalapenos have the go light on those. There were way to many to eat and I was picking them off to finish my sandwich! The sandwich came with double cheese, onions, peppers, jalapenos, mushrooms and lots of meat. You can of course add any other toppings you like from their fixings area just tell them as you order.

While the food is great I think they may have an issue with their prices in our very frugal community. We like to eat out but we also like to do it affordable. A regular sandwich runs about $7. You can add a small drink and a small bag of chips for another $2 and change. So you are at $10 a person for a sub meal. As we have sent friends here this week it was the price that everyone complained about.

Will we return? You bet. Even though it is a bit pricier than it's competitors we found the freshness and the quality to be worth the added expense. My husband summed it up nicely today when after our third trip this week he told me to hurry up and open his take out....his mouth was watering!!! :)

TIP: Especially during this crazy opening week, I encourage you to call in your order for carry out. You can always grab a table anyway. There is a special cash register on the left side of the counter just for call ahead orders to be picked up. LOVE THAT!

Another interesting thing is you can order your sandwich in three sizes. A mini is a kids' or light eater size, the regular is comparable to a 8 inch sub and then a large.

• Visited September 2013