“nice little place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Toronto
“nice little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This place offers great food in a cozy atmosphere. Closed Sundays though. It does have a nice wine list.

Visited November 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Share an entree”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Tasty, plentiful food: enough for two (seriously) or one with a huge appetite. A downtown location and one in a strip mall.

Visited November 2012
East Peoria, Illinois
“I don't understand the positive reviews”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

To put it simply the service was very poor, the portions were huge but that doesn't make the food good and it wasn't. My Chicken Marsala was just a few degrees from being cold and lacked the flavor it should have had. My companion had Shrimp Pesto, a mountain of pasta hiding very few shrimp. Our server never seemed to be on top of the needs of our table, it was a party of ten. Ask for a second glass of wine, don't expect to get it without asking again, one basket of bread for the whole table. All in all not a place we will visit again .

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My favorite is the Pasta Compramare. I ask for it "not too spicy" and it's to die for. Their service is always pleasant and the quiet atmosphere is exactly what we need. Love it here.

Visited June 2012
Peoria, Illinois
“Wonderful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Basta Eastport is one of our favorite places to eat. They have wonderful food and the atmosphere is great too. They have a good variety on their menu (even though I tell myself I'm going to branch out and get something different, I always end up ordering the tortellini carbonara) and one gets a large amount for the price. We love their food so much we had them cater our wedding!

• Visited April 2012