My girlfriend and I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in East Peoria (it's actually an Express, rather than a regular Holiday Inn as this site indicates) three separate times now and have enjoyed our stay each time. The hotel is conveniently located just off I-74; you can drive to downtown Peoria in a little over 5 minutes, and the riverboat casino is equally close, as are a variety of restaurants. It's a fairly new building with a nice lobby. The guest rooms, though, are especially nice. The king beds (and I would guess all of the beds) have extremely thick, comfortable mattresses that are amazingly comfortable. I'd say this hotel has the best beds I've ever slept in.
There's also a pool and fitness center (no whirlpool, though); we haven't used the fitness center but have enjoyed the indoor pool. The staff is friendly, although we haven't had any interaction with them other than the most basic check-in/check-out stuff. The only tiny complaint I have about this hotel is that we always request a late checkout on Sunday; the last time we stayed there we were told they could give us an extra hour, but not two. Maybe they were busier than they looked, but the hotel seemed to be about 3/4 empty that night; I doubt that the extra hour would've caused a problem for them. I didn't push the issue, and it really wasn't a big deal.
We come to Peoria a couple times a year and unless things change, we'll always stay at this hotel. The price is a little more than we'd like to spend, but the hotel is exponentially nicer than hotels that are only $20-30 a night cheaper, so it's a great value for this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to newly renovated Best Western Plus East Peoria, Illinois. Conveniently located off I-74 at exit 95A, the Best Western Plus East Peoria is close to everything the Peoria Area has to offer. The Best Western Plus East Peoria offers 85 well appointed guest rooms that will exceed the expectations of the corporate traveler as well as the weekend warriors. Amenities of the Best Western Plus East Peoria include free high speed Internet access, Complimentary Smart Start Breakfast, Greenhouse Indoor Pool with Retractable Roof, and Exercise Room. Additional in room amenities include free local calls, 47 inch TV with extended cable service featuring over 60 channels, mini-fridge and microwave, coffee service featuring Arabic Roast Coffee, wall mounted hairdryer, iron and ironing board. The Best Western Plus East Peoria has many different room types to meet any ones needs such as one and two room suites. The Best Western Plus East Peoria is located only 1 mile from the Paradice Riverboat Casino, and within minutes of Caterpillar World Headquarters, OSF St. Francis Hospital, Komatsu Company, The Peoria Civic Center and Eastside Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS East Peoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express East Peoria Hotel East Peoria
- East Peoria Peoria County Holiday Inn