“Average -- Bathtub rusted -- Several Leaks” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in East Peoria
Champaign, Illinois
“Average -- Bathtub rusted -- Several Leaks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed here July 4, 2011.

Very good welcome, they made a special accommodations so that we could use our Mariott points and still get an upgrade. The room was overall very nice. The one problem is that the bathroom had rust along the sides. It was kind of gross but the rest of the bathroom was alright. The room had two flat screen tv's. and a sitting area. Shuttle service was great, and free!

Problems:

*Hallway had several leaks coming from ceiling.

** Breakfast closed 45 minutes early. Guest Services manual that they leave in your room says that breakfast stays open until 10:00 am on weekends AND holidays... In this case, the fourth of July.

*** Manager was talking about us (saying we demanded suites and complained about something. It was very rude and unprofessional especially considering I was standing right there! She was working at 2:45. VERY impolite!

**** Pool closed early because they had to add chemicals, even though kids were playing.

This definitely would receive a below average in my mind... may even ask for a refund.

Room Tip: I would definately get a suite! Worth the extra $
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
dheinlein, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Peoria East, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Dear Mr. Lambert,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to post a review. Please know your business and Marriott loyalty are greatly appreciated. I truly apologize for each of the items you mentioned and am very sorry for the inconveniences and poor impression we left; it’s definitely not typical of the level of Marriott service and accommodations we strive to achieve. I hope that despite the issues you encountered you and your family had a safe and happy 4th of July weekend.

Amy DeDecker, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

This is a new facility. Every thing very clean. The decor is very bright and inviting. No complaints at all. Many restaurants within walking distance and more within a mile or so. Shopping within walking. Kohl's dept store backs up to hotel property. Grocery, pharmacy and much more very close. Casino close by within a couple miles. Nice place, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
dheinlein, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Peoria East, responded to this review, May 11, 2011
Hi Cathy,

Our entire team is glad to know you had a great stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you next time. Hope you found some great deals while out shopping!

Yours truly,

Manteno, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

The most important piece was the room was clean. I stayed at a new Fairfield in Florida and I guess my expections were the same and they were not met. First off the rooms are very small. If you have a family it would be very tight. The rooms are brightly painted, but gave you a Motel 6 feel as far as quality. The beds were not very comfortable and neither were the pillows. The lobby and breakfast were nice enough. The walls were that off an old motel and to top that they were VERY thin. I could hear all conversations in adjoining rooms. I had to leave the TV on to get sleep. Also a little strange that you had to have the room key attached to the heat/air to make them run. If you left with the room key there was no heat while you were gone. I have stayed at the Courtyard two exits away on previous visits and is certainly worth the few dollars more. If in a pinch, it is clean, but not worth the money to me.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
dheinlein, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Peoria East, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Dear Onthego21,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel; we value all feedback and appreciate your comments. I regret that you did not enjoy your stay with us and apologize for your discomfort. Our key-controlled heating and cooling system is an environmentally-friendly initiative we’ve adopted, and when the key is removed, the temperature automatically adjusts to 72 degrees. Once again, please accept my apologies, and thank you for choosing our hotel as we appreciate your business.

IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We were very happy with our room. We did have to have maintence come check on our water since it would not get hot and they did offer to move us, but I took the trip to get away from drama. We stayed in our room and just ran the sink & shower at the same time to get hot water. The waffles at breakfast didn't turn out great, but it was a new machine. The breakfast lady was not friendly, but I would stay there again if I was in the area!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
amydedecker, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Peoria East, responded to this review, October 28, 2010
Dear Terboa,

Thanks very much for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay, and are glad to see that you plan to return if you’re in Peoria. Please accept my apologies that our breakfast attendant didn’t seem friendly. It’s our goal to “wow” every guest that walks in the door and I’m sorry we fell short of that goal. Hope to see you again soon.

Beach Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

A very nice new hotel.I was in town by myself for the state meeting of the K of C. I am planing to come back this summer with my wife and take in a baseball game.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

Our family met at this hotel for a weekend with 10 family members total. They went out of their way to accomdate us with 4 rooms and an early check in since we arrived in Peoria a few hours early. Adam, who was at the front desk, was warm, welcoming and went beyond the call of duty to make us feel at home. We rented the board room for our family gathering and this hotel has a great "living room" feel to their breakfast nook/social area. We played cards and visited in that area of the hotel. The pool was warm, clean and sanitary. The custodian/maintanence person (I think his name was Bob) was so kind and offered us suggestions on local eaterys. He was always busy doing his job but also speaking to each person kindly. This is a fairly new hotel and it was clean and fresh. Our rooms were larger than most hotel rooms and were clean and very appealing in the colors they used. It was quiet and we got a great nights sleep. This is close to Kohl's, Walmart, shopping, drugstores and restaurants. It is easily accessed right off of interstate 74. The Paradice Casino is less than 1 mile away if that is to your liking. We have never stayed at Fairfield Inns before, but this ranks in the top choices of our hotel list now. The staff was extra nice, and we couldn't of been happier! Thank you!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
champaign IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

My family and I stayed here when we were in town for my grandfather's funeral. When I got my credit card statement, they charged me $250 that I had no idea about. When I called they said that I smoked in the room, and that the housekeeping manager had a picture on her cell phone. I DO NOT SMOKE, and I have a 5 year old, a 3 year old, and a 3 month old BABY. I would never even allow anyone to smoke around my children. After explaining this to the assistant manager, Lori, she told me it was their word against mine, and that she would not refund the fee. She was basically calling me a liar. When my brother went there in person to see the picture, he was told that it was deleted. Then Lori and the janitor accused my brother of smoking and being a liar. Finally, when my brother spoke to the manager the fee was refunded. I am in complete shock at how my brother and I were treated and I will NEVER stay at another Marriot hotel because of this.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Peoria East? Share your experiences!