“Seems to be an "hourly" hotel more than overnight stays...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Peoria - East

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Peoria - East to your Saves list
Motel 6 Peoria - East
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   104 West Camp Street, I-74 at Exit 95A, East Peoria, IL 61611   |
Ranked #9 of 9 hotels in East Peoria
Chicago, Illinois
“Seems to be an "hourly" hotel more than overnight stays...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

I am from Peoria area and am very sad to say this hotel is still the same way it was years back and still not improving. I'm not sure who runs the place but from all the reviews on here it should be shut down due to health code violations. I have heard many local stories that its also a hotel by the hour if you know what I mean. Its the almost the cheapest hotel in the area for "couples" to go to. I recommend the Super 8 if you are looking for affordable stay in East Peoria, it may be right off the interstate but I'm sure you don't hear the traffic as much now since they raised it up in the air more, the interstate.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Menasha, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

First of all when we walked in one of the beds was only partly made, and the room was supposedly non smoking but reeked of smoke, there was no clock,no tv remote, the toilet was black (nasty) the floors looked dirty the night stand was stained,there was pets in the building was woke up by a dog barking early in the morning.The only good thing about this place is the location and the front desk people were friendly.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Freeport, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I was traveling alone with my 4 month old baby girl. The desk clerk was aware of this because I called before arrival. I made it inside the office carrying my bag, my daughter's bag and my daughter. The clerk hands me my key card and sends me back to my car with ALL my luggage to drive around to the back of the motel! I make it to the room get the baby settled we are finally asleep and I hear a DOG barking and barking in the HALLWAY! And what sounded like a toddler aged child opening and closing the door directly across the hall. OPEN..CLOSE..OPEN..CLOSE This went on til around 2am. In the shower there is MOLD all over the shower curtain and inside the bathroom mirror. GROSS. The room was FILTHY. I went to talk to someone about my terrible experience at checkout and there was no manager on site. I gave the clerk my contact info no one bothered to call me. Never again will I spend my money on another Motel 6!

Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

If its a hot and muggy day in Illinois, I would suggest anywhere but here! Our room was absolutely sweltering upon arrival. We turned the AC on full blast and hit the town, thinking that we would return to a cool room. Several hours later the room was still unbearably hot. I asked the front desk clerk if we could switch rooms, a simple request that seemed to really irritate him. This room proved no better, the air conditioner units are just too small for these rooms. We checked out that night and requested our money back.. further annoying the staff who slammed stuff around and all but threw my receipt at me.. Yikes. The next hotel we tried was comparably priced and the AC was great, free wifi (at this hotel, you need to pay $3 and only a handful of rooms have access) and great staff.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2008

We stayed here because it was prebooked through a friend. We checked out less than 30 minutes after checking in. I know you get what you pay for, but a chain motel that wants to maintain a good reputation should at least provide clean rooms. I could live with the fact that there is no tub (only a corner shower), the room was small, and the hallway was stifling and smelled. However, the blankets are stained, worn, and dingy looking, the (non-smoking) room smelled like years of smoke, the carpet was worn and nasty, the shower was coated with years of grime. We left immediately after we saw the shower. The ice machine was broken. The workers were handing out ice from a styrofoam cooler in the office. The cooler was sitting on the floor.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Collinsville, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2007

I usually stay at a Motel 6 when I am traveling a short diatance. I have probably stayed in about 10 to 15 Motel 6 locations in my whole life.

Motel 6 Peoria is the worst Motel 6 I have ever stayed in.

I know not to expect much from a Motel 6. I usually expect a clean basic rom with a bed, tv, and shower.

The location of the Motel 6 is not bad.

The room :

Once I walked into the hotel, it had a bad smell. The people at the desk are nice. I got my room and I headed on up with my bag.

I walked into the room, it was very small. It looked like a closet. The floors creak the whole time you are walking. I look over at the bed and it is very small (Queen) and it sits about 4 inches from the ground. The bed also had a big dip in the middle and it was broke. The room was filthy. I am not picky at all but this place was gross. The floor was dirty, the table was dirty, the remote was dirty, the sheets had weird stains on them. This whole room was GROSS.

I walked down to the front desk to ask for another pillow and she did not have any but she gave me a dirty blanket.

Anyway, I will never return to this location AGAIN. This place needs to be closed.

• Stayed December 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Peoria - East? Share your experiences!