“3td time, not a charm.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Peoria - East

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Peoria - East to your Saves list
Motel 6 Peoria - East
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   104 West Camp Street, I-74 at Exit 95A, East Peoria, IL 61611   |
Ranked #9 of 9 hotels in East Peoria
Bartlett, Illinois
“3td time, not a charm.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had hopes this would be better. Last time I went alone, room was $53, second floor, no smoking. This time I went with my cousin, room was $43, first floor, smoking. I know it doesn't make sense, but here it is...I'm 5'7" and when I lay in the bed, my feet hung over the end. I weigh about 190 lbs. The shower was not built for someone of any size larger than I. Even I thought it was "cute". Could have been bigger, so I did not push the curtain out every time I turned. Guess we got the lower rate for the "kiddie room". The in room ac/htr. had several lables torn off, but I still figured out which control did which. Maybe next time I will try the motel 8 down the road. By the way, they didn't leave a light on for me, cutting expenses I guess.....

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms.......
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
GRAND RAPIDS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I don't require perfection, but an unwashed bedspread with multiple hairs of the previous sleeper-under is intolerable. The room was generally poorly maintained and unclean (spots on carpet, dust all over TV, streaky shower). Several economically distressed people are obviously living there long-term. A refund was requested and given to us, thankfully.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bartlett, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I parked in front of the office, with my handicap sticker displayed. Walked into the office with a cane. They had no smoking rooms available. They gave me a room on the second floor, no elevator. Lot of fun hauling my luggage up the stairs. My $44 room cost me $53 and change.
Almost got knocked down the stairs by some guy in a hurry. Next time I'll stay in a motel that is not part of a national chain and get a lower rate and probably have a better stay. Up half the night listening to the people in the next room party down.

Room Tip: Spend a couple of bucks more and go anywhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

This was one of the worst hotels I have ever seen. The place is so dirty, smelly and just plan awful. There was no mattress pad on the bed. We picked up our belongings and returned to the desk. The clerk said we were there more then a half hour and could not get a refund. I am not sure where she learned to tell time, but my husband was not about to stay and discuss this with her. Her gang looking boyfriend sat in the "lobby". We were afraid and just wanted to leave. Drive away! Far away from this dump! The smell will stay with you long after you leave! If I could rate this hotel worst then terrible I would have. Scary should have been one of the options for the review rating.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011 via mobile

Rooms were cleaner than the last time I stayed. The price was the lowest in the area. Also, my dog couldstay inthe room with me. Will probably stay there next trip to Peoria.

• Stayed June 2011
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

OK, let's face it. Motel 6 does not have the best reputation among business travelers. But this location is worth a look. Yes, it is an older hotel and there are stains on the carpeting. Amenities are few, but the rooms are clean, beds comfortable, cable/HBO, and several rooms have internet access (additional fee).

I have been coming here since March 2011 and have seen continual improvements. Since the new hotel manager has taken over, the staff is more professional, new pillows have been purchased, maintenance repairs are being made in a timely manner, slowly but surely they are purchasing new towels, housekeeping does a great job. All in all, the new manager is bringing this location up to a better reputation and standard. The next improvement will be new bedspreads. The maintenance personnel is out every morning cleaning up the grounds. The whole 2nd floor has been repainted and they are starting the first floor this week.

Don't like something, just let her know. I had an issue that was reported twice to the front desk (the previous employees). When it wasn't handled, I e-mailed the manager and within 10 minutes the issue was corrected. I had an issue on this stay and it was corrected by the time I returned.

There is a drawback. The floors are paper thin. You can hear the second floor guests walking, taking showers, flushing toilets but that is usually before you go to sleep and after you wake up. A word of warning, until you get used to it, there is a train that blows its whistle about 2am. Now I sleep right through it. It that concerns you, ask for a room on the north side of the building.

It still has a long way to go, but the journey has started. Great work Kristen Russell.

Room Tip: Always ask for a discount
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Mt. Vernon, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

I had stayed a few months back and the Motel was not the cleanest. It appears that the new General Manager that took over in November has a new direction for the property. After speaking with her I will be coming back every we are in the area. If you had been here before it would be worth stopping back by and seeing the changes and you can't beat the price.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Peoria - East? Share your experiences!