“Well worth the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baker Arms

Baker Arms
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bayford
Baker Arms
You added Baker Arms to your Saves list
Ashendene Road | Bayford, Bayford, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Bayford B&B and Inns
england
“Well worth the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great value, pretty location, tasty breakfast, a great night sleep too! I'd definitely stay again, a real little gem in the country side. The staff were super friendly and helpful too and the bathroom was immaculate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Arrived at 1130 and not allowed into the hotel until 12. Then told that they don't normally allow kids. Then told us that they only had us booked into 1 room and therefore we couldn't stay anyway. We pleaded that we had a wedding at 1330 and all we wanted to do was change and leave. We would be back at midnight, eat breakfast and leave at midday. I think the suggestion of leaving at lunchtime after their checkout time of 10 was more than the frankly quite hideous barman could take and he was fast reaching for the yellow pages so that he could get rid of us as quickly as possible. We ended up at the White Horse in Hertingfordbury which was quite delightful.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed here after a experience day at Paradise Wildlife park. We could not fault this little pub. We arrived and checked in our room straight away which was very modern in decor. We also ate in the restaurant in the evening and the food was good value for money. We also had breakfast the next morning which was a full English. I would recommend anyone in the area to stay in this accommodation the landlord and family are very friendly as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed at this very lovely pub last week on business.

The bedroom was a good size with a modern decor.The room was at the front of the pub on the road but even with the window open all night there was little noise to disturb me.

The food (dinner and breakfast) and local beer was of a very tasty and reasonably priced. Also, the staff were very polite and friendly.

I would highly recommend this hotel and if I was working in the area again would book here without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Hard to believe you are only 20 miles or so from the center of London. Rural village. We spent two nights here in room 1. Tight but clean. Comfortable bed. Your standard bathroom/shower. Ample parking. Nice pub with McMullen Beers - a Hertfordshire brewery. New to me and I enjoyed them. We ate there both nights and we were quite pleased. They have a good chef. Fine soups, duck breasts, calves liver etc. Nice service. The dining room is simply furnished but quite attractive. Mostly locals. I got the distinct sense they don't get many Americans. Nice people.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Anglesey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

We have an office in Hatfield which I visit occasionally. Hatfield's hotels are very mixed and fed up with corporate overpriced hotels I found the Baker Arms. Out in the country but close to Hatfield I arrived with no expectations. I was immediately impressed by the warm but unobtrusive welcome and the room was clean and comfortable. I went downstairs for a drink and something to eat and both the beer and food were excellent. In contrast to the food in most of the hotels nearby it was delicious, fresh, generous and well priced with very quick service. It couldn't fault it. Breakfast was the same.

As a seasoned business traveller who has stayed in more hotels than I care to remember I cannot recommend this pub more highly.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

I stumbled upon the Baker Arms having been double booked in another little bed and breakfast and have to say how amazed I was. The place has just finished converting its rooms according to the landlord Dave and it was warm, cosy and the standards were excellent. I arrived quite late at 9pm and they were more than happy to prepare me a meal and couldn't do enough for me. The food was lovely and fresh and the beer good...what more could you ask for. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Baker Arms? Share your experiences!