“Not recommended” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7787 Timmerman Dr., East Dubuque, IL 61025 (Formerly Timmerman's Hotel and Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Dubuque
Mount Prospect
“Not recommended”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

My best friend and I planned a getaway to Galena for her birthday this past weekend. We couldn't find any place that had vacancies except for this place which she remembered from 20 years ago as a child. The price was right and the location was good so we reserved friday and saturday night. Unfortunately, by saturday morning we were online looking for ANYWHERE else to transfer to.

The thing about this hotel is that you feel like it's dying a slow death. You can tell that decades ago it was probably a real hot spot. But the rooms are so worn out and unclean. The beds are old and uncomfortable. The mattresses and box springs were stained. The pillows and blankets and bedspreads were stained and had holes and tears. (the pillows were especially awful.) The bath towels were so old and stained and frayed and had tears and/or holes. The shower head and shower curtain had mold/mildew growing on them and we were so grossed out we went to wal-mart to buy Tilex to clean it.

Management has obviously taken good care to keep the common areas up to date and clean, and the pool was clean, they even had wireless internet which is great...but the rooms really need upgrading. I hope they do consider these upgrades because until they replace the beds, towels, bedspreads and so on, I would never recommend this place at any price.

• Liked — Friendly people
  • Disliked — Very dirty beds and bathroom
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2006

Our stay at Timmermans was very acceptable. This hotel is not brand new and there are some signs of wear. But overall it was clean, comfortable, and reasonable for the area. It is next to a supperclub and near many attractions in the Galena area. There is also a golf course right out the door. The staff was very friendly. I would stay at Timmermans again without hesitation.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Elevator
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2006

I guess there were 5 people who were unhappy. The rooms were very clean. Three couples in three rooms and all were nice.At $58.95 per night (with AARP)don't expect the Plaza Hotel. These rooms were the same as a Comfort Inn,Holiday Inn,or Ramada. Key cards and good dead bolt locks for security.If you don't like kids running in the halls, than this would be the only downfall to this Hotel. If you have kids they'll all have fun.The pool is a good size with a whirl pool and sauna.I stayed the weekend of 2/18/06. I do not know the owners or any empolyee. After reading the other 5 reviews I thought we would be staying at a dump. HOW WRONG I WAS! This place is a good choice. If you're looking for the Ritz-Carlton than make a reservation at the Ritz-Carlton.
E. Sullivan

• Stayed February 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2005

I just got done staying at the Timmerman Hotel on the 21 and 22 of Oct. There were dirty towels on the floor when we got into the room that looked like they were used by the previous people and just left on the bathroom floor. The beds were hard as rocks. The final straw that broke the camel's back for me was the fact that I had car troubles on the morning we were to check out and asked if i could check out late. We were told no. After working on my car for 6 hours at a location 15 miles from the hotel, I checked out 1 hour and 15 minutes late and was charged for another whole night. I explained the situation to them, and the fact I had spend $200 to fix the car, but they were no help to me at all. I would never tell anyone to stay at this place.

• Stayed October 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2005

Just stayed at Timmerman's "Resort" in East Dubuque. Where do I start? The only good thing was a very friendly and attentive front desk staff. The pool was also nice, sort of. The spa (hot tub) was dirty. Signage around the hotel was paper taped to the wall.

The locker room was dirty. There is no "game room" to speak of. Only three arcade games and one of them was broke. The entire property seems run down. The carpeting was filthy. There was no morning newspaper at the door. Breakfast was marginal; akin to the breakfast at a Holiday Inn Express.

The front lobby was dismal and dated. The entire interior of the hotel was dimly lit and in need of repair. The elevator makes a horrible clunking sound and is in bad repair. It just seems like the property owners do not care anymore. It could be a nice place with some sound management and upkeep.

Stayed October 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2005

If you are to look at the photos on the web site you think "wow this looks really classy!" well it's not, no hair dryer nothing fancy at all... you still have to use a key to get into your room.. and there belconey.. please it is an access to your room from the parking lot! One of our rooms didn't even have any water pressure we had to sit down in the tub to rinse the soap off! and when i said something when we checked out i didn't even get a sorry! Nothing she ignored me and said "well there isn't a coffee maker in every room and what room had no water pressure?" well for $100 a night there shure as hell should be a coffee maker, micro wave and a fridge in there and a lot bigger tv's!! we would have been treated better at a Super 8 and paid a heck of a lot less!!!

• Stayed August 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2003

Just returned from a week-end in Galena/Dubuque. We booked this hotel because it was advertised as a Hotel and Resort. Buyer beware! This "Hotel" is not what I would consider a Hotel let alone a resort. I would consider this place to be a Motel. Perhaps it's old name was Motor Lodge. That would fit this place. This Motel is in desperate need of upgrading. The wallpaper and carpet look like they are from the 1960's. The hot tub was very noisy and the room only had a 19 Inch TV.
We had to put it up on a chair to see it from the bed. The seal was broken on the windows so you could barely see out of it. No hairdryer or microwave. My advice is to not stay here unless price ($165.00) a night and no frills (even though you are paying for some) appeal to you.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!