“Shining Perl in the black sand” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Komune Resort, Keramas Beach Bali

Save Saved
You added Komune Resort, Keramas Beach Bali to your Saves list
Komune Resort, Keramas Beach Bali
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Pantai Keramas | Keramas, Keramas, Blahbatuh, Bali, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Eat Play Surf
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Keramas
Ubud, Indonesia
“Shining Perl in the black sand”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great new place to sit, sip and eat and watch the sea and the waves. Easy to get to by car or motorbike. Very friendly waiters, they speak English, good menu, not cheap but you get value for money! The view and atmosphere are just fantastic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Have had excellent time at Komune. All round accommodation service and food top notch!
Special thanks to Agus and Gung and other staff who went out of their way to provide a very welcoming and friendly atmosphere.
Included breakfast a little light on :-/ eggs only.
Would definitely return. Thanks for great time Marty and Bobbie Brimage.

• Stayed March 2013
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My friends, boyfriend, and I recently traveled to Bali and stayed at Komune as we had heard great things about it. Honestly it was more than I could have hoped for.

First off, the rooms are beautiful, modern, sleek, and CLEAN. The beds are comfy, there's air conditioning and a ceiling fan and giant windows for fresh air. The linens are soft, and there's a work desk and wireless, so I actually worked the whole time I was there in order to take a longer vacation ;)

The staff is nothing short of DELIGHTFUL. I honestly had to say goodbye to new friends when I left. The ladies and gentlemen who work at the resort, behind the bar, cooking, serving food, at the front desk, in the gardens, are so, so lovely, that I felt so welcome and so happy to be there at every moment.

The food was AMAZING. I lived on their Fresh Fruit, Nasi Goreng, and Mango Margaritas by day, and their INSANE salads and pizzas by night. The staff is very attentive, and want you to be happy, so every meal was a delight. With live music, amazing food, and a revolving door of beautiful and interesting people from every age and part of the world, we actually didn't leave the resort for days at a time! The surf is amazing, and my boyfriend and our friends all surfed every day about three times while I sat in the pool and watched them directly out front! Everyone there was high off of how good it was. The rates were so reasonable, that my boyfriend and I took a three day trip on a motorbike and kept our room at Komune so that we could just take backpacks and return to our little paradise bungalow where we felt like our bags and computers were safe. I was so sad to leave and after extending my trip twice, I decided I had to go home, but we have already made arrangements to go back! This time, more of my friends are meeting us because we have spoken so highly of this gem!

I would recommend this beautiful slice of paradise to anyone who wants to try Bali for the first time or return to it but remove themselves from the hustle and bustle of Kuta and tourist traps.

Do yourself a favor and BOOK TODAY, JUST GO, you'll LOVE it. :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We visited friends who were staying here.
Open to guests and drop-ins Komune offers great food and is a nice beachy daytrip from Ubud. There were lots of surfers in the water and lessons are offered. Board rental is a bit pricey at 100,000 rupiah an hour.
Go on the weekend when the place fills up with a mix of locals, expats, and tourists. Avoid the mint orange smoothie, it tastes like it's made with Tang.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Be prepared to chill... Komune is truly amazing!
It's a little piece of paradise withan amazing pool right on the beach.

We spent the days watching the surfers 500m out front whilst sipping on one of the many awesome cocktails on offer lazing on the massive double day beds. The beach is quiet without hawkers and the amazing black sand sparkles in the sunlight.

The restaurant and bar area is beside the pool on the beach and is great to lounge around during the day or watch the sunsets. It's open-plan design provides a cool bar area, sofas on the beach-front side of the verandah or the tabled restaurant. It's very clean and provides a large variety of food on offer. The menu is reasonably priced, considering there's nowhere else around to purchase meals.

Rooms where modern with air-conditioning and a large hot water rain-shower in bathroom. Our room had a double bed but as I was travelling with a friend,the staff provided us with two single beds, as the hotel was booked out we had to share. Rooms do not have fridge as everything can be purchased at the bar, (reasonable prices) although bottled water is provided.

If you're a keen surfer there's a great surf-break literally out the front of the pool and Komune provides board racks out the front of your room and at the bar. A new addition to the hotel is "night-surfing".

I found the diversity of guests ranged from surfers to young families and single or couples. All guests were of the same "vibe" being chilled and aware of others relaxation but happy to mingle and enjoy the amazing sun-sets from the beach bar during "happy hour".
There is a spa onsite and we had a massage each day that was great value.

The hotel provides drivers for you to go and explore and assist you with many of the actives on offer such as white water rafting, diving, surfing or taking a day trip to the volcano or Ubud to mention a few. We took a driver up to Ubud for the evening as we wanted to go and explore some night life outside of the hotel. It's generally a set price for a driver and they will wait for your return journey. It was roughly $15AUD for our trip (approx 4 hours). From the airport we caught a taxi which took approx 45 minutes and costs between $15-$20 AUD

The staff were friendly and assisted us with everything we requested. They even made a special birthday cake and the staff sang happy birthday for my friends which was a sweet touch.

Komune is currently adding villas and other amenities to the hotel. We didn't experience any noise due to the construction as building commenced later in the morning each day, and as we spent most our time at the pool and beach is was never an issue. The plans for the villas look amazing and we're looking forward to return at the end of the year.

Thank you for an amazing start to our Bali holiday Komune :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Do yourself a favour and get down to Komune and out of Kuta!!! This place is insanely beautiful. The hotel is relatively new so all the rooms are modern and very very clean. The staff are very helpful and friendly and the resturant does fantastic Indo and Western food. Then there is the pool! The infinity pool looks out to the most beautiful view of the Ocean. I also saw and outdoor cinema set up! There are also some gorgeous little spots throughout the grounds to sit in the sunshine. If you're looking to chill out and relax or surf get down to Komune. Also Ubud is only a short distance car ride if you want to go out for dinner or shop.

• Stayed February 2013
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for 2 nights in February. He was desperate to stay here because of the awesome reviews and great surf.

The resort is very special. It is clear it was designed with a lot of love! I thought the grounds were so stunning. I loved the organic veggie patch and the beautiful trail to the beach. The restaurant was fab - loved the menu with some health concious options. The service of the staff was also great.

I found the rooms to be a little basic but included everything that was necessary. I didn't like that there was no fridge in the room, I also found the blinds made you feel a bit trapped because when they were up people could see you in the room as they walked by but when you put them down all the light was gone. Would definatley be keen to check out the villas when they are completed!

As I'm not a massive lie-by-the-pool sort of person so I found activites surrounding the resort a little limited, although you can't put a price on the unique secluded setting and stunning beach front location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Komune Resort, Keramas Beach Bali? Share your experiences!