“Enjoyable way to spend time” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Dunlap
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mazeppa, Minnesota, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable way to spend time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The cars! I love old cars and they have lots of them and lots of good information about them. Did you know there was an electric car in 1931? There was, and they have one. Did you know there was an automaker in Peoria? Yep, they have information on that too. In addition to lots of cars, there are a number of other items and hands-on activities (various juke boxes throughout, try the different car horns) to keep the young and young-at-heart entertained. We were just randomly looking for things to do around Peoria and out of the list, my mom selected this one. It was a good choice and fun was had by all.

Visited July 2014

Mariestad, Sverige
174 attraction reviews
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had seen nice Reviews here on Trip Advisor before our trip to the USA. We were on our way from Pontiac to Galesburg so it suited us. They opened at noon and we were a bit early but we killed the time. The volunteers opened and showed us a lot in the museum so we could see how some machines worked. tThe museum is quite big so you need time to see all and enjoy what you see. I'm sure the kids would love it. A good place for the grandparents to take their grandchildren for some hours. The entrance fee was reasonble.

Visited August 2013
“An amazing place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

So much to see, listen to and interact with. My wife and I spent almost 3 hours and came away thinking it was one of the best museums anywhere. Just a very fun time from a calliope to cars to clocks to many informative and interesting devices and loads of information.

Visited July 2014
Mount Pleasant, Iowa
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

My husband and I were in Peoria and only had a few hours to visit attractions. We chose Wheels O' Time and loved it!! Worth the admission price. Lots of colorful, well marked displays. Buttons to push and wheels to turn made it especially fun. I can see where families with kids would enjoy this museum. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Highly recommend.

Visited June 2014
Peoria, Illinois
22 attraction reviews
“What a way to spend the day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Today my boys and I took my father to the Wheels O' Time Museum on the outskirts of Peoria. We had a wonderful visit. My boys ran ahead and ran back as they were on sensory overload like at any museum. My dad would stop and look at items and if we (or I, if the boys were running ahead) were lucky we got an explanation of what the item was and it's uses. Even better were the times that my dad connected with something from his past and was able to share a personal story with my boys.

At the start of the museum they give you a map and some tips about what not to miss, then they turn you loose in four different buildings and three train cars! Be sure to have a variety of change as there are old juke boxes, player pianos, other other rare finds to enjoy for as little as a penny! We were told it would take about an hour and a half to go through the museum. I think it really depends on who you go with since I think my dad and I would have gone through a little slower if we didn't have the boys with us. I loved that there was a good mix of hands on activities for the kids and I never felt like they were going to break something. There is also such a variety of items from antique cars, airplanes, cuckoo clocks, musical instruments, farm tools and equipment, women's clothing fads, fire trucks, trains and so much more that there really is something for everyone.

Visited June 2014