“Wow! What a surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Peoria, Illinois
“Wow! What a surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I recently attended a Peoria Chamber Ambassador meeting at the museum and after the meeting we were invited to tour the facilities. I was so impressed! There are so many interesting things to see....I can't wait to go back and spend some more time exploring. It's not all cars and trains...there is something for everyone, and for all ages. I highly recommend planning an afternoon at the Wheels O' Time Museum!

Visited July 2013

Downstate Illinois
9 attraction reviews
“Neat place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have been here several times. If you like old cars, old clocks, or anything associated with the first 1/2 of the 20th century, you will like this place. They have many old cars from the turn of the century up into the1960s. Some are rare and many have historical significance. They also have many many other items. There is a room of old clocks, one with bicycles, there are tractors out back, and even washing machines. Expect to spend 1/2 a day just browsing. Well worth your time.

Visited January 2013
Illinois
15 attraction reviews
“First timers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

and we've lived in Peoria for years! What a surprise. It was a great afternoon visit to this museum. They have a little bit of everything. Some very interesting historical pieces. Just be aware the building (except for one) are not heated or A/C. And from the sign, it looks like they close for the season on Oct. 31. Call to check days and times before you go. Well worth the visit.

Peoria, Illinois
“Very impressive collection and staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My boyfriend, who is from out of town, and I were looking for a fun way to spend Sunday afternoon while he was in Peoria. He loves all things related to automobiles so I figured we'd go look at some old cars for about an hour or so. To our surprise we ended up spending about 4 hours there!He was blown away by the caliber of cars in the collection, even commenting that some of them are cars he never thought he'd ever see in person. It was fun for me to see him literally stop in his tracks and stare with his jaw on the floor. Even though I've been before, this time was a blast for me as I went with someone who taught me about all the different cars and made me realize how special this place is. There is so much more than cars here. There are trucks, trains, tractors, bicycles, and interactive models of all types of motors and engines. To top it off, the majority of the exhibits are from the Peoria area. This truly is a museum of Peoria's history in its own right.

We can not say enough about the staff!The museum is run 100% by volunteers. You can tell they are passionate and want to be there. They are more than happy to talk to you about the exhibits and will even demonstrate some of the exhibits that are not hands on if you ask!One of the staff members even let us sit in a 1930's fire truck from the Peoria area and fire up the siren. My boyfriend commented several times that if he lived here he would love to volunteer there. Many exhibits are constantly changing, such as the Ford building in which they have a new set of cars every month.

Bottom line: A fun and educational place for all ages and generations, regardless of how much you know already know about automobiles. After seeing the museum, the $6.00 fee for adults actually seemed like a steal!Plan to spend the afternoon there, as we could have stayed for hours longer if time allowed!

Champaign, Illinois, United States
“A local treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I stopped by Wheels of Time expecting a quick Sunday diversion. Instead, we spent the better part of the day there. In addition to the unexpectedly high quality car collection (a gullwing Mercedes and a V12 Packard!) the museum is filled with local history, oddities, and just plain fun mechanical items. We met a few volunteers (this place is completely volunteer operated) and it was evident that this was something they all cared deeply about. We will certainly be making a return trip, as there is more than a day's worth of entertainment packed in this great little museum.