“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
San Jose, California
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had an amazing experience at this hotel. I needed help at odd hours and got more help than I asked for! On 3 separate occasions involving 3 different employees, I received amazing help without even asking. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a simple and peaceful stay in Downers Grove.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! On behalf of my team at the Red Roof Inn in Downers Grove, I wanted to express our sincere gratitude for your acknowledgement of our willingness to go above and beyond. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you during your stay. We not only renovated our rooms, we rededicated our staff. Thank you for noticing. We love this place! I can assure you, that we will continue to provide the same superior service in your future visits.

i0087@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The new renovated Red Roof's are very nice. The prices here are a good value for the quality of the rooms and I really appreciate the 100% smoke free policy. The staff here was also very friendly and the area has many conveniences. I typically spring the extra cash for the Superior King room which has a larger TV, ironing board, fridge and microwave included however I do travel with my own mini-fridge for medication purposes just in case. The rooms are much larger and offer a desk area. the hardwood floors are a nice touch.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review. The staff here was delighted to hear your comments. I am happy to hear that our newly renovated rooms exceeded your expectations. We are also pleased that you found the Superior King to be the right fit for your travel needs and at the right price. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Ilinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This place is NASTY!!!! It is full of black bugs and large spiders the size of mini donut. I woke up after being bitten by a huge black/ spider like bug. I called the front desk and reported it to a guy that didn't seem shocked at all. I hope the Village inspector close this dump down right away before someone gets ill. I suggest everyone get a tetanus shot before considering a night here. Trust me, you will need it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Frequent T

While I was glad to see that you took the time to give us a report in Tripadvisor, I was also very sorry that you encountered unusual issues during your stay. At your convenience, I would appreciate if you would call me at the Hotel (630)963-4205 so that I can take proper notes and access any situation in the room that you stayed in. I hope to hear from you again and my goal is to better serve you in your next stay.
Michigan City, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had a bad experience in Glen Ellyn, Il with a so called hotel. I needed a hotel in a pinch.
I took a chance on the Red Roof. It was terrific. The rooms are beautiful I took a Superior King,
Mico, Refr. Huge room, business center, free wifi. The only drawback was the old fashioned
doors opening to the parking area. I have never like that option. But, the hotel is well lit, has
professional staff working the desk, and lots of security. I would be happy to choose this
hotel next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: The superior King room is very nice. And, during a sale, was $65. Can't beat it. Close to the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Diane B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. My team and I at Red Roof Inn- Downers Grove are very glad that we met all of your expectations. Our recent renovation was done with our valuable guests like you in mind. I am happy to know that our Superior King room offered all the amenities that you mentioned and that it was a big plus for you. I am so pleased to know that Red Roof Inn has earned your loyalty and I will be looking forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Room was OK No extras like in room coffee or an iron. It was clean and nice room fresh sheets and comfortable bed. The staff was excellent and helped out with questions. Jason was very good about helping me find a resturant I was looking for in the area. Bravo Jason! Stay was worth the money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am always delighted to hear that our staff continues to provide excellent customer service to our valued guests like you, Jason was very happy to read your comments as well. I would like to suggest that in your next stay with us, you might want to request one of our Superior King room which has a micro-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, Iron, hairdryer, and large work station.
Please feel free to contact us directly so that we may make your future reservations for you.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

For the price about $75 with taxes, this hotel had all I needed. Very clean, has free internet, flat screen tv, nice desk to work on the computer. Bed was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Overall, I was very satisfied.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Mirian L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. I want you to know that your positive feedback is an encouragement for the entire team at the Red Roof Inn Downers Grove. Our recent renovation and conversion to 100% smoke free was intended to meet our guest needs and satisfaction. I am glad to know that our remodeled room exceeded your expectations. Thanks again, and we look forward to your next stay.
Rome, Italy
1,151 helpful votes 1,151 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

we spent one night in this motel going to Chicago. the double queen bed room (57$ tax incl with a coupon) was clean, with modern furniture and shower was perfect ! during the night there was an incident and a "piece of iron" went down !! there was a lot of noise and we really scared but at the end nothing happened. In any case, when we made check out we informed the man at the front desk , he excused for the incident and refunded us for the room: according to me this is really an excellent customer service !!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
It was such an honor that you selected our hotel during your visit to Chicago. Also, I’m very glad that our newly remodeled 100% smoke free room fulfilled all your expectations and made your stay very pleasant. I would like to present my deepest apology for the incident that you encountered during your stay and I am very happy that we were given the opportunity to take good care of you before you departed.

Again, thank you for staying with us, and I hope to meet you in person in your next stay.

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove? Share your experiences!