“Does it get any better than this!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1113 Butterfield Road, Downers Grove, IL 60515   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Lombard, Illinois
“Does it get any better than this!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is the place to stay if you want to be treated with dignity and class. The rooms have been newly remodeled and very pleasant to the eyes. Everything is kept immaculate and all details are tended to even the little sticker on the toilet paper. The staff is a pleasure and ALWAYs willing to make sure you are comfortable and satisfied. Every time I stay I am welcomed as if I were part of the family. This is a no smoking site which thrills me beyond belief because all it says to me is someone else cares about me breathing second hand stale cigarette smoke in my room too.The mattresses and pillows make it very difficult to get out of bed. I will return as often as I get a chance!!! Give them a try, you won't be disappointed, I promise you!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Juan
It is such a pleasure to read reviews like yours, thank you for that. At Red Roof Inn Downers Grove, we are driven by our customers and we treat all of them just like you said with dignity and class. Our renovation has been such a success that we are getting nothing but positive comments including yours. We also believe in having our property ready for sale at all times because our first impression to your eyes leaves a farewell feeling in our hearts. My team and I are so happy that our customers are fully satisfied with our service. We can’t wait to see you on your next visit to Red Roof Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We have stayed at this place twice now and it is clean and a good value. Was close to my overall favorite restaraunt. the patio. Friendly staff and clean rooms. Close to the school my son is going to. Recently doing more renovations so they are keeping the property up.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Chris
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a positive review. The team at Red Roof Inn Downers Grove and I, are glad to hear that your favorite restaurant is one of the many popular restaurants in our area. I am happy to hear that your son’s school is near us as well and I am so very glad that we are your first hotel choice. The renovations you have mentioned had been done with valued guests like you in mind and I cannot wait to see you upon your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Now that the new renovation are in place, the inn has taken on a whole new look. Throughly love the new floor, beds, just very appealing. TV is nice size, no more carpeting is great. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. Also a nice safe area, walking around area no problem, some restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you so much for all the nice comments. Most importantly, I am very happy to know that your overall stay was a positive experience. The constructive responses that we are hearing from valuable guests like yourself, have let us know that the renovations are a success. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you the next time you visit our hotel.
Lansing, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel was nice. We were in one of the newer rooms that had wood floors. The only thing that was a problem was the lack of a coffee maker in the room. Not a big coffee drinker but like the option. Probably would not stay here again just for the fact of the distance from Chicago.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
It is always great and encouraging to read positive reviews from our guests, thank you so much for that. I am very happy that you enjoyed our new remodeled rooms and that your stay was a positive one. I wanted to let you know that we have what we call “Superior King” rooms in which we feature extra amenities such as: coffee maker, iron, iron board, hairdryer. Feel free to contact me any time prior your arrival so I can help making sure that we provide the room type that will fulfill your expectations. Also; If our hotel is too far from the place that you need to be, I can help you locating a sister property that may be a better distance from Chicago.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Recently stayed at the property. The rooms in the back building are currently being rennovated. The rooms in the front building have been completed. I had stayed here previously and was aware of the WIFI issue. This time I stayed in room 204 and had no issue with the WIFI. It helps that it is directly over the main office. With the room I stayed in being rennnovated, it was like staying in a brand new hotel.
You cannot beat the price especially with AAA discount and they are currently giving you a gas coupon good for 40 cents off a gallon at Speedway. There is no breakfast, just coffee, but there are restaurants nearby if needed. The front desk person was courteous.

Room Tip: For best WIFI connection, stay in a room near the front office.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking some time to write a positive review about your recent visit to our Red Roof Inn – Downers Grove. We love to hear from our frequent guests. I am very happy that the Wi-Fi met your expectations this time and that you found our newly remodeled rooms enjoyable, meeting all your expectations. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit.
Rockford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here and just had to give it rave reviews.. EVERYONE from the management to the maintenance staff are helpful, and pleasant! There is not one bad thing we could find about this location! The updates on the rooms are fantastic!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a CLEAN, QUIET, location with the best in customer service. don't miss th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you so much for giving the time to write a review. Positive guest response is a great encouragement for me and my staff, which I will be sharing with the entire team. I am also glad to read that you stayed in one of our newly remodeled rooms, and most importantly that they are appealing and welcoming in the guests view. Once again, thank you so much for the great feedback and positive comments.
Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We chose this Red Roof based on location and the acceptance of pets. On arrival the the it was clear the property was in the midst of a renovation. We were offered a newly renovated room with wooden floors rather than wall to wall carpeting. The room was clean and smelled fresh. It was odd that one of the desk clerks had an industrial grade respirator mask on. Made me wonder what she was protecting herself from...

After our first night, we returned midday to the room for a 1 hour cat nap for my 5 year old and then off for an afternoon of fun. When we returned at the end of the day, we found our room had never been cleaned. I returned to the front desk and the masked desk clerk asked if she could get us any towels, but that was the extent of her graciousness. The next morning when I brought the lack of service to the attention of another desk clerk, without a mask by the way, he made an adjustment to our bill for the lack of maid service which was appreciated.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Mr. Mike
I appreciate the time given to write a review based on your last stay at our Hotel. Your observations and comments are always welcome. As you mentioned in your review, it is always very challenging when renovations and upgrades are taking place. Our property very soon will be presenting a new good looking lobby, and is now renting newly remodeled guest rooms. I do appreciate your understanding during renovations and I also wanted to invite you over to be witness to our new fresh looking lobby and guest rooms.

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove? Share your experiences!