“Good comfortable room in safe area with easy access to highways” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1113 Butterfield Road, Downers Grove, IL 60515   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Good comfortable room in safe area with easy access to highways”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Booked this room for a 5 day stay to visit in the area. Booked on the Red Roof Inn website and that is how you get the best deal. They have a September special discount for those over 50. I had booked a non-smoking room. Upon arrival the front desk person was very nice and I had her confirm that my room was non-smoking. Upon checking out the room unfortunately the bathroom toilet had several cigarette butts in it and one pillowcase had ashes on it. So, I went to the front desk and she was very helpful and gave me a key to check out another room before moving my stuff. The new room was very clean and had good lighting for reading by the bed and at the sink for makeup, etc. It was nice to have free Wi-Fi here. Also, I had brought a cooler and used the ice machine every day and it always had plenty of ice in it. They also have a food order-in menu for the area which had many choices but I didn't use it this trip. For those with pets they can stay overnight for free but you can't leave them in the room unattended. The lobby has good coffee in the morning and for members of their club free daily newspapers. The staff was very nice and helpful. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is visiting the area and needs a clean, good-sized room in a safe location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
i0087, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago-Downers Grove, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Dear MN Travel Bug,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Downers Grove Red Roof Inn. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Feedback from our guests is very important in continuing to improve the quality of our hotel and I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the team.

Thanks again for being our guest and for sharing your experience! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Aaron Ebert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Saint Ann, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

The room was clean, comfortable and VERY QUIET. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is fairly central in the Chicago metropolitan area and seemed to be fairly safe. There are lots of restaurants and shopping close by. I was so pleased with everything!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Carolyn,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Downers Grove Red Roof Inn. We are glad to hear that you got a great night of sleep!

Downers Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

From the excellent front staff (Jason, Justin, Chris, Clarabelle & Kyle) to the amazing housekeepers (Erica & Keyva) and not to forget maintenance (Alberto) as they all make your stay fabulous. These people put their hearts and souls into their jobs and really care about the guests. I would stay here again and again.

In my opinion they should be a five star hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us at the Downers Grove Red Roof Inn.

chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I have stayed at many hotels and even at 5star hotels I have never felt more welcome or as comfortible as I have at the red roof inn. The hotel staff from upper manegment down to regular employees were great. This has to be the nicest and most down to earth group I have ever delt with. Their customer service is bar none! Whenever I needed something hotel staff's erika, keyva, along with jason and cathy were there to help and they helped with a smile. I appreciate all of there help and I will definetly be here again thank you!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Recently stayed at the hotel for business. Read prior reviews which rated it favorably, but traveling from out of state, not sure what to expect. Room was clean. Air conditioning worked well. Sink and bath tub drained well, no back-up. Linens were clean. What not to expect: no fridge in room and no continental breakfast in the morning, just coffee. However, you cannot beat the price! One other issue to contend with is my computer was receiving a low frequency for internet connection. There are two builidings to the property and I was in the second building which might explain the low frequency. The area surrounding the property is in a retail area. There is an Olive Garden down the street and easily accessible to the interstate.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We recently stayed one night at the Red Roof so that we can be close to friends in Woodridge and a short distance to O'Hare Airport. The positives of our stay was: location to major highway and restaurants, familiarity of the area and price. The beds were very firm - I would not say comfortable; TV not a flat screen with good picture. The room and restroom was clean but did need updating. Temperature control was fine. Here is the negative for me - the room smelled of cigarette smoke. I had asked for a non-smoking room, but the door to the room nor others were labeled as non-smoking. There was a small sign on the desk stating it was non-smoking. This was disappointing and made the one night somewhat uncomfortable given the price and convenience of staying here. I would recommend if you are looking for a quick and cheap night in a convenient location to airports, restaurant and highways with the understanding that if looking for a non-smoking room you might want to check the room first.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Downers Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

I love the stay in the Red Roof Inn I love the incredible Stay like: the Manager Kathy or Cathy and the front desk staff like Ross, and the other staffs are wonderful they are there when I need I have questions about the room . Like the cleaning is very clean they make you feel like if you are at home I do recommend the Red Roof Inn to any one just come in and you will know what we are talking about I love the stay here ........

Room Tip: the whole area is just great to stay