“Like an Embassy Suites with Cookies” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove

You added Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove to your Saves list
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2111 Butterfield Road, Downers Grove, IL 60515   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Memorial Day From $109
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Certificate of Excellence 2014
OK
“Like an Embassy Suites with Cookies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed here two nights on business. The hotel is an atrium style, felt like an Embassy Suites. The check in was quick and the staff friendly. My room was clean, the linens were so soft - I stay in many hotels and I do believe these were the best linens I've seen.
Room service was quick and the staff really helpful.
Catered business dinner featured an excellent filet - really good. The breakfast was good as well.
This was booked by my company, not me and I was skeptical, as I have had bad experiences with Doubletree hotels lately, This one redeems them.

I would stay again and would go as far the say this is the best Doubletree I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is a great double tree. I think this is only second to the one in El Paso among those I have stayed at.

Service was good. The bartender was friendly and an easy conversationalist. The breakfast restaurant staff were a little slow, but adequate. Breakfast service needs to be prompt for those of us on business travel, due to meetings an such in the mornings.

The hotel was very clean and well taken care of. The decor in the rooms was a little bland if you care about that sort of thing, but they were very spacious and well taken care of. When I say spacious, the living room section of the suite, blows any embassy I have stayed in out of the water. Plenty of room to stretch out and watch some tv, or get some work done in the evenings.

The suite shop was very well stocked. It had many more items that what you would normally find in a hotel store. The restaurant menu was a little pricey which is normal for a hotel, but it was quite small. Breakfast was good but not great but the price was reasonable at $11. I am switching from Marriot to Hilton so I still havent earned free breakfasts yet unfortunately.

The bar is where this Hotel is a shining star. It has by far the best beer selection of any hotel I have ever stayed at. The prices are on par with what you would find at a typical bar or restaurant so they arent too bad. This place actually has more craft selections then they do domestic crapola selections.

This really is a great doubletree, if you are in the area you cant go wrong with this hotel.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Brooklyn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I arrived at the hotel after a long flight. I went to check in and the Front Desk staff was waiting with a smile ready to serve me. I loved it. The cookie was awesome and the check in was quick and pleasant. That is where my happiness ended. I got to the room ready to shower and get in bed when I discovered there were NO TOWELS in the bathroom. I called the front desk and they were so kind and said that they would get my towels up to me right away. 2 yes you heard me 2 HOURS later I still had no towels!!! I called and asked to speak with housekeeping and spoke to a lady who assured me that I would get my towels. ANOTHER HOUR LATER I FINALLY received my towels. I don't know if they have elderly people working in the housekeeping department but that was truly unacceptable! The next morning I went to breakfast and the food was TERRIBLE! It's already bad that breakfast is not included in the rate but to pay $12.00 for horrible food is not what I'm in the habit of doing! I expected more from Hilton. I love the company but to see them go down like this is truly sad.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
dtechman, Director of Sales at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We’re very sorry your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards. We’ve addressed your problems with the delay in towel service to our housekeeping manager and staff. As you mentioned, the response time is completely out of our normal prompt service. I’ve also talked to our food and beverage manager and staff regarding the quality of dining options. Thank you for alerting us to this issue, and we hope you’ll give us another chance if you return to our area.
Merced, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel is impeccable...from the lobby to the service to the room. A top-notch property that is freeway close and convenient to O'Hare and the city. The rooms are real suites and perfect for a family...definitely a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Juneau, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here during another trip to Chicago for work and found everything to be acceptable. Didn't quite have the "wow" factor I'm used to, but that's OK, I was grumpy and just wanted to sleep.

Finding the hotel was a bit trickier as I thought it had a separate entrance off Buttermilk, but after a quick u-turn and a quick right turn I found the hotel! Parking was ample & lot was well lit.

Checkin was a breeze, the agent didn't quite talk to me too much.. he must have had something on his mind, as even agents at the lower-branded Hilton properties would typically strike up a conversation with me (being from Alaska and having a handful of luggage tags on my carry on will typically get a "oh, you are far from home" response). Was given a room on the "1st" floor of the hotel which is actually the 2nd. Clerk didn't give me any directions or information on the property. Yes, I am a frequent traveler, but I don't know a thing about your hotel. Had no idea about where the pool/fitness facility is located, restaurant/bar hours, if breakfast was included, or any charges for the internet.

I ended up taking the elevator to the 2nd floor (well first) and was kicking myself for not realizing there were stairs just behind the elevators. I came into a very open atrium with what appeared to be a restaurant area, and my room off to the side.

The room was very big and well appointed. Had 2 TV's and a separate sitting/sleeping area, and the bed was comfortable. I enjoyed the bathroom amenities and higher-quality towels.

Internet speed was OK...

No real complaints about this property, but also no "wow's". Will I return? Not sure... I'm booked at the Courtyard this upcoming week, so we'll see.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed at Doubletree Suites by HILTON in Downers Grove between July 10-July 12, 2012, on a business trip. The first night I was sleeping in room 435, I got beaten dozen of times by bloodsucking bed bugs. See attached photos. This incident had breached the trust invested in this HILTON branded hotel that promised to offer safe, healthy overnight accommodations. Unfortunately it proved to be an unsafe/unhealthy experience. Stay there at your own risk!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
dtechman, Director of Sales at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
We apologize for the very unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Our guests’ health and safety is extremely important to us and we focus a great deal of our time and attention on them. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and correct any pest situation that might occur. We have shared your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been successfully addressed. If you would please contact me at your earliest convenience; I would like to discuss further.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Pros
Nice lobby
Large room
Great bed
Large tv's in each room
Friendly staff

Cons
Hard to find
Room had crumbs on carpet
Fridge was dirty
Toilet no really clean
Pipe to shower head sprayed water everywhere
Carpet stained
Diamond status and could not get executive level floor

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. While it is nice to read all the positive things about your stay; we’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area; you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Been to Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove

Address: 2111 Butterfield Road, Downers Grove, IL 60515
Location: United States > Illinois > DuPage County > Downers Grove
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove 3.5*
The Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago-Downers Grove is situated in Chicago's western suburbs next to Lombard and Oakbrook, Illinois. Centrally located between Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) and Chicago Midway (MDW) the Doubletree Suites Downers Grove is the perfect choice for business meetings. Offering an International Association of Conference Center (IACC) approved meeting facility, our comfortable surroundings and exceptional catering team provide the ultimate environment for any business or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Guest Suites And Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Doubletree Guest Suites & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove Hotel
Doubletree Downers Grove
Doubletree Chicago Downer Grove

If you own or manage Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.