“Nice facilities but long wait at the bar!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove

You added Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove to your Saves list
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2111 Butterfield Road, Downers Grove, IL 60515   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Memorial Day From $109
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oxford, CT
“Nice facilities but long wait at the bar!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

As a frequent traveler I am familiar with Doubletree hotel standards and this location didn’t disappoint. The suites were clean, spacious and well equipment (HD TV, wireless, microwave, etc.) as well as offering access to a fully equipped gym via a second floor walkway into a neighboring office building.

Only negative comment was the bar! That evening I arranged to meet a colleague in the bar for pre-dinner drinks but I was late due to a conf call. When I did turn up at the bar 10-15 minutes late I couldn’t find my colleague anywhere. When I did find her I learnt that she’d spent over 15 minutes waiting in the bar to be served but the hotel staff were so busy they never acknowledged her or came over to take her drinks order. With this in mind we moved to the restaurant which was empty, there we got good service and a great dinner.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Very nice executive lounge, convenient to local business, nice two room suites.

Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I came for a two night event with my wife, daughter and nephew. The suite was very spacious with two large flat screen TV's bathroom was large. Bed room was separate from living room, and over all room was very adequate for four people. Suite was immaculate and king sized bed offered outstanding sleep and comfort. Pull out sofa sleeper was adequate. Service was great in the accustomed Double Tree style, with warm cookies as expected each day. Pool and spa were also very nice. We did not eat at hotel during the stay, but there was several nice restaurants on site and a breakfast buffet. Free parking was also a big plus and location was very easy to find with myriad great places to eat and shop in area.

Room Tip: We were on 5th Floor and it was a great experience.
CHICAGO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel many times, and I always have a great experience there. They have nice suites, in which the bedroom is separate from the living area. The bed is one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on! It's usually very quiet. It has always been clean too. I like that they still have some smoking rooms, since my boyfriend is a smoker. They have a good breakfast buffet, and the staff are very friendly. It's easy to find parking, they have a nice fitness center, and a nice bar/restaurant area. What more could you want, especially for the great price (around $100).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Anna week long business trip, this was my first hotel on the stop. I was more than pleasantly surprised. In fact I was shocked as I walked into my room. It is a bona fide suite at normal hotel room prices. The entrance way leads you into a living room with a large HD TV a very large desk to work with. There's also a large refrigerator with a microwave sink and coffee maker. next you enter into a bedroom with a very large king-size comfortable bed well appointed with clean comfortable cotton sheets numerous pillows of various sizes and firmness. There is an easy chair to read and a small desk with which to work. The bedroom also has an HD TV. The bathroom was very well appointed large enough to relax and wind down from the day I think this hotel is a great value and I would return again should business bring me back to this part of Chicago.

• Stayed June 2012
Canton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay at this Doubletree. As a HHonors member this is a great hotel for the brand. Building definately looked like it has been there a while but the rooms were clean and fresh and all amenities worked as they should have.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Bristol, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

First of all let me say this is not our usual chain, and when we do we'll stay at an Embassy. We needed to be in Chicago for a Monday flight at Ohare so were planning for a Sunday night stay. Downers Doubletree had an awesome special for a two night stay with a Sunday night, so we thought we'd give it a shot. We wanted to take in the zoo, so why not go up on Saturday instead?!?

We booked on their site and estimated our check in time, and we were only 1/2 an hour late. The room they had previously assigned us to was not yet ready, but the desk clerk was quick to find an alternate room. Our "new" room was a corner suite right up front - near the elevator - great view of the fountain and business along Butterfield - quite fantastic actually. I was worried about noise, being this close to elevators, but happily this was not a problem!! For the price we paid, this was a terrific room! LOVED the bathroom, but no complaints on the design of the rooms in general it was also pretty nice!

When approaching the front desk there was a nice lady (manager?) on our side of the counter who visited with us, updated us on weather forecast (VERY hot), and generally kept the rest of the family engaged while the clerk had a chance to get us checked in. BRAVO - this was a great help, and made it seem much quicker than it probably was.

During our stay we inquired of the front desk on a few other occasions, each time, each clerk was extremely helpful!

Cons:
our Garmin wasn't able to take us directly there - but we were close enough to figure it out ourselves LOL,
we had to ask for towels both times we used the pool, which was VERY busy most of the time (I did mention it was a HOT weekend)
not enough luggage carts
queen beds would have been more desirable, doubles seemed marginal for an otherwise upgraded room.
no lunch/dinner service for a family - perhaps in the bar? - unless you took room service & paid gratuity and upcharge
maybe there was a fishing group there to explain this, but the elevators always smelled fishy to us, and sometimes seemed to take forever to get there considering how few other guests we saw.

Room Tip: ask for a room above the lobby to get a similar room to what I've described.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove

Address: 2111 Butterfield Road, Downers Grove, IL 60515
Location: United States > Illinois > DuPage County > Downers Grove
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove 3.5*
The Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago-Downers Grove is situated in Chicago's western suburbs next to Lombard and Oakbrook, Illinois. Centrally located between Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) and Chicago Midway (MDW) the Doubletree Suites Downers Grove is the perfect choice for business meetings. Offering an International Association of Conference Center (IACC) approved meeting facility, our comfortable surroundings and exceptional catering team provide the ultimate environment for any business or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Guest Suites And Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove
Doubletree Guest Suites & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove Hotel
Doubletree Downers Grove
Doubletree Chicago Downer Grove

If you own or manage Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.